• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

One very VERY stupid question (Again...two actually)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
First of all, since I am new to Adobe Photoshop (6.0), I do not know how I can get the color 'tan' or 'flesh'.
Where can I find it? Don't flame, please.

Second of all, what the heck does 'alpha' mean? My guess is they are different from the RGB colors...Well, if this definition is already in this site, just don't respond.

Level 15
Best bet for skin is to use the eyedropper tool on another skin or from a picture to get the skin tone you want.

Alpha is a way to add teamcolor or remove certain portions of skins. However, most areas of a skin can not be alphaed as that has to be specifically applied to an area by a modeller.
To alpha, you need to press the Channel tag and make an alpha channel, exported bmps from wc3viewer should already have this. Experiment to see what parts can be alphaed, and which can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.