• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

once in- The City of Drugs 1.62

You are looking at the winner of the Paired Mapping Contest #1

once in- The City Of Drugs

-------------------------------
CLICK HERE FOR THE FULLY ILLUSTRATED GUIDE
-------------------------------

The map is based on cooperative gameplay and teamwork.
Before you jump to early conclusions, THIS IS NOT LOAP, however it uses the same concept.

----------------------------------
City Of Drugs is basically a 'Live A Life' map where you can be a citizen, join mafia gang, police force or become a drug dealer. You can buy houses, marry, have kinds, dance , be a farmer, be a cook, buy cars, units, go to prison, upgrade, build economy, deal drugs etc.
However, next to the main idea it has nothing to do with loap.

The main differences are:
There is a goal, each job has promotion levels, players are balanced, every player can be anything he wants (police, drug, mafia, cook, mailman, farmer), terrain, minimum on memory leaks, nice custom models, intensive gameplay and other

Every player will start the game as a citizen and will be forced to join Mafia, Drug or Police force. Ones joined u can still do side jobs as cook, farmer, delivery boy etc
There are also a lot of map activities during the game: Animals escaping from the zoo, hooligans trashing the streets, mafia gangs fighting for territory etc. You can also buy guns and weapons or even buy an Armor/Mech that can be worn by the hero

--------------------------------------

Keywords:
drugs, city, cod, brulogaz, doctor-pepper, loap
Contents

once in- The City of Drugs 1.62 (Map)

Reviews
Craka_J: Cool map. Seems like a new type of map in a way, but a bit like LOAP. Approved.
Level 2
Is this like that outrageous map Real Life for Morons? Cause I love that map. I'll try it, it will be the first time for me to play wc3 in a while...been playin Steam games, guess I'm a traitor...

Level 10
We are currently working on expanding the map. In the next vers ull actually be able to play Natural. Be Mayor, loyer, photografer, judge and many more. Each job will have a lot of functions and keep you busy all the way. Therefor we extended the mapsize by 1/4 at the left side of the map

Level 7
omg its getting bigger^^ its big enough pepper. But dont make too many gadgets into your map because no one will understand it if there are too many possibilities!

Level 9
Bugs list

Discovered bugs
----------------

Restaurant does not work properly. I can never complete step 4. I place items on the 'plate' only to have the timer run down and tell me I failed.

Save System 'forgets' reputation points earned after you reach 10 rep, Also Reputation does not carry from one job to the next and is not remembered if you switch from cop to mafia to drugdealer and then back to cop.

Level 10
You are probably coocking fish without colors, but ill check it out

Read F9 for the save system. It doesnt save success, it saves how many times ur played. It stops at 9 because:

a) The code will be very short if you only have 1 digit (10 is 2 digits and working with letters is a pain in the ass)
b) Even on lvl 9 it gives u 6k gold + many stats bonuses. It's kinda unfair to other players that just started playing. Ruining balance

Level 2
This is GREAT! The fact I don't have to have a full game to enjoy it, unlike with LOAP is a big plus! Only bad point is that the Police seem to dradually beat Mafia, unless I intervene and then mafia will no doubt beat police. I think the base attacks are far too offensive and not defensive enough. Later on in the game if you don't help in base attacks your base becomes a huge target and then the game ends fast. Still very awesome though.

Level 4
Its not that bad, it still has a nice car-ram thing and sides. And a extremely easy save code and a changing loading screen like Jurassic Park... But you should already make the fireplace lighted (its the 21st century...) for the cook. I give points for the voice of the start and the music.

Rechanged vote to 3/5

Last edited:
Level 2
@Archimondus- Dude theres like 1000 remake of loap on the internet, Cod is something new, original and completly remade from scratch. If u want to play loap then don't host Cod.... host loap.... logic? It's not called Loap: City of drugs for a reason.

The game is very balanced at moment but theres sooo much stuff to do... i can't blame anyone for being lost or missing some strategy. The problem is to find good players to play with, no matter how many balances changes are applied to the map if 95% of the playerbase suck at playing the game this is completly useless and irrevelant.

Actually the map has a very competitive feeling and isn't degisned to just mess around. You gotta fight if you want some fun, you can't just jerk off in a corner like loap.

Nonetheless, i like this sandbox feeling from loap. Ok i think loap is an horribly flawed map (No offense to anyone). Most version have some level 32528heroes with 1 shoot kill and most triggers in the map are truly retarded but the freedom feeling is great. I think pepper agree with this and that's why we are actually working on a version that include the normal citizen as something payable.

The next update is huge and i think we will please newbies and hardcores players (and some loap fans).
There will be alot of new stuff but in a way i think it will make things much more simple. However don't expect anything simple as loap, there is no plan for crappy job that no one ever want to play like the mailman and even the simplier jobs that we implant will have a purpose and some depth.

Last edited:
Level 2
this map is pretty good, only one problem though, you say it is many jobs inside police and mafia, only difference here is ally priorities, maybe give some more help about this ingame?

Level 2
I'd have to agree that police players generaly seem to fail against Mafia in my games. I always thought it was just down to noobiness or unbalanced teams.
Also about the save codes; They are all the same! Like for example I could say that my best code is **8S (lvl10 I think it is) and then the other person only need to get their first code and reuse the first 2 digits from that with mine, thus everyone easily gets overpowered start up guys.
Overall the save code just unbalances that game for no reason, though it does increase replayability somewhat.

Level 4
I believe that this map is the best of it's kind, it sure is pewpew!! 5/5
Although some models where a bit wierd, like the policemen on skates, ranged piccotios fireing both flames and a rocket-thing :/ that won't change my rating though.

Level 4
maybe you could add handguns and sniper rifles so i dont need to buy machine guns always
pls add knives too
there is still space for other abilities so you could add more abilities like kaboom(makes your hero die but can still kill other units)
edit:if someone still made a game like this i think they should call it once in-the city of weed

Level 2
It's great to still have comments about this map :)

The "new" version in developpement is still sleeping somewhere on my hdd. Unfortunately i don't even have time to play video games at all so i can't really complete it.

Level 9
Review

So are u going to give Footman Frenzy the lowest score too because its not LOAP?
We dont try anything. Its just a different map with different concept. No freedom is the price we had to pay to have a map with a decent goal. If its ur only judgment then ...

Uh... look what you said to him. Footman Frenzy is not a Loap style map - concentrate more before you say.

Review:

The game starts out with a 10/10 intro, but is ruined by yet another generic american apparently thinking that someone's free will to leave makes them a faggot. The save/load is clever, buying abilities is great, but most sides are boring unless you are...the drug dealer. The faction gameplay is really good, stuff such as the excellent jobs and mechs bring it up, but it is flawed. Random Events are very boring, as the neutral hostiles attack each-other. The hoodlums on the street aren't much fun to kill either.

A knock-back system, a car system combined is really good. But it does indeed lack several of certain LOAP's good things - for example, LOAP: Make your Own Gang is very fun and hectic, and also full of stuff such as army cameo units and an amazing prison/cops, and the excellent mansion. Its lacking in stuff, and is not lacking in stuff. Really good. But one last word - the knockback system doesn't dish out damage.

VERDICT:

+ Fresh unique gameplay made from scratch.
+ Great custom music.
+ Car/knockback system.
+ Drug dealer/ranks.

- Only hosted like, three times not by me? Never played anymore.
- Lacks some of LOAPS pros.
- "And whoever leaves first, is a faggot."

OVERALL: 91/100%

Level 2
Thanks for the review!

By the way Dr.Pepper isn't american and i don't think he meant to offend anyone with the "faggot quote" =p

Honestly i think it's a matter of opignon wich side is the coolest. The drug dealer is a totally different gameplay and it does not rely on "killing stuff" so alot of people consider him to be boring.

As for the knockback not dealing damage it is simply a balance decision we made.

I'm glad you liked the map, we were working on a pretty big version of the map featuring alots of "loap" pros but we simply abandonned the project over time. The map never became really popular either so the motivation is gone.

Anyway, thanks again for the review.

Level 9
Eh, well, he still does good voicing. Also, while its a balance-choice, you could balance it more, such as cops being suspended, cars breaking down, really, the DRUGGIE IS AMAZING: you get shitloads of cash, a base, and you get to harvest stuff! Where'd you get the music? Its a highly polished LOAP style map. LOAP maps are really unpolished, and they're just made from a LOAP map already. This is built from scratch. Jobs are highly fun, such as the brilliant farming one, or whatever is the one with water.

EDIT: Also, I'm confused - all people giving superb scores, 5547 downloads, and yet its not played on b.net anymore.

Last edited: