• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Omaha Assault

Reactions: deepstrasz
Detail

Status

Forum - http://septimus.invisionplus.net
Map Status - Protected
Current Version - 1.09

Description

You are the allied soldier. Try survive those incoming wave of attack and get to the top of it.

Mission Objective

Survive those attack.
Destroy those bunker if you want.
Kill General.
Destroy the command center.
Destroy the gate lead to main town in order to win.

Screenshot

148027-albums403-picture6623.jpg

148027-albums403-picture6622.jpg

148027-albums403-picture6621.jpg

148027-albums403-picture6620.jpg

148027-albums403-picture6624.jpg

Notice

1) Open Sources

• If this map is open sources, it mean this map are free to be view by everybody regardless of age, community, religion and status.
  • Open sources doesn't mean you could edit this map freely without my permission for the sake of fun or various reason, you still got to ask my permission to do so.

2) Protected

• If this map is protected, it mean there is an content or resources that are deem to be exclusive or specially made for the map that I strictly do not allowed other to use or neiter view it.
  • If you wish to view the map through world editor, kindly ask my permission and I would send the open sources to you if I see your reason to be acceptable.

Credit
SectionContributer
Icon
  • WILLTHEALMIGHTY
  • IanSkel
  • HappyTauren
Model
  • Kofi_Banan
  • Ice
  • Dragon Elf Mogare
  • Max666
  • Ket
  • Talon the Mage
  • Thrikodius
  • Zap
  • HappyTauren
GUI/JASS Assistant
  • Ghan_04
  • PurplePoot
  • Dr Super Good
Terrainer
  • forzamoto
  • FamousPker49
Map Tester
  • Seeky
  • Sweet
  • TeAmor
Changelog
Version StatusUpdate Information
  • Beta release.
  • Update detail no longer available.
  • Change description.
Septimus Map Resources

[THREAD="87433"]Are You A Perfect Idiot ?[/THREAD]
[THREAD="100164"]Are You A Perfect Idiot ? (2)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="106408"]Are You A Perfect Idiot ? (3)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="116973"]Are You A Perfect Idiot ? (4)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="117009"]Are You A Perfect Idiot ? (5)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="82506"]Are You Intelligent ? (Survivor)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="82507"]Are You Intelligent ? (Solo)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="82508"]Are You Intelligent ? (Cooperate)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="83511"]Are You Intelligent ? (Team)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="85518"]Are You Intelligent ? (Time)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="82626"]KFC 300[/THREAD]
[THREAD="84623"]Sparta - Modern Warfare[/THREAD]
[THREAD="88705"]United States Of 300[/THREAD]
[THREAD="89067"]Glory Of the Spartans[/THREAD]
[THREAD="108889"]Harry Pottaa And The Dining In Hell[/THREAD]
[THREAD="84733"]Symmetry Park[/THREAD]
[THREAD="95556"]Stairway[/THREAD]
[THREAD="95423"]Garuda Ruins[/THREAD]
[THREAD="95711"]Heion Forest[/THREAD]
[THREAD="95683"]Flood Point[/THREAD]
[THREAD="83746"]Olympic Torch[/THREAD]
[THREAD="84214"]Omaha Assault[/THREAD]
[THREAD="86253"]Kill Me[/THREAD]
[THREAD="105092"]Invasion Of MasterHaosis[/THREAD]
[THREAD="108660"]Dan War[/THREAD]
[THREAD="118947"]Click To Kill[/THREAD]
[THREAD="122023"]Dodge[/THREAD]
[THREAD="100225"]Just For Laughs[/THREAD]
[THREAD="97315"]The Human Sin - Trailer[/THREAD]
[THREAD="116696"]Brotherhood Of Kenji[/THREAD]
[THREAD="118665"]Memory Forever[/THREAD]
[THREAD="122211"]Hand of Justice[/THREAD]
[THREAD="128667"]The Confrontation[/THREAD]
[THREAD="168596"]Unknown Cinematic[/THREAD]

Contents

Omaha Assault (Map)

Reviews
12:52, 21st May 2008 Firelord213: This map is a very hard one , There are way too many bullets and aren't the sand bags meant to block those bullets?I got hurt even if I was behind them. Could be much more easier , And after a while the map starts...

M

12:52, 21st May 2008
Firelord213:
This map is a very hard one , There are way too many bullets and aren't the sand bags meant to block those bullets?I got hurt even if I was behind them.
Could be much more easier , And after a while the map starts lagging a lot.Could be fixed.
And make the tank sizes bigger.
It's on the edge for Rejection.
Any ways , It follows the map rules and is approved.

Level 3
I dont know if its only me who thinks it, but the rockets, in the tooltip it says there are 9 rockets who are supposed to make 1k damage each. I got the impression like they make 2k max :s

Level 7
I'd say there are too little allied infantry and they're pretty stupid as well...

I would also say use the mines to create holes and change of terrain..

Also the barbed fence (?) is too hard to target.

I also suggest making the sandbags a unit instead of a building so that you could control it's collision size. you could walk between them..

I'd also suggest using Sand or Dirt (both sunken ruins) tiles for your terrain..

And also use some of those Obstacle Doodads? They look more alike the real ones that are for cover (X traps?).. There is also another thing, the stake doodads which looks likes spikes slanted and straight... The slant could be usefull such as having a lowered terrain (NOT A CLIFF) have thoe stakes face and bla bla bla..

Level 2
a good, fun map, but a few nit picks:
-The barricades have a ground texture
-The modern soldiers have night elf names
other than those cosmetic issues, its still a good map, and definitely worth a few plays 4/5

Level 4
To nosebaer : You play version 1.1 or 1.2 ? At version 1.2, the lag had been greatly reduce cause fire effect at version 1.1 is the major cause of the lag.

I only downloaded the 1.1 version, but i'll test the 1.2 version now.

Edit 1: Aaah its already the 1.3 version :) then i'll test this one.

Edit 2: Well, the map is much better now like this. Now you should only make an ability, that slows the units walking over sandbags - you can't run only thorugh or over them :)
The map is not finished completely now (unfinished units --> perhaps tooltip expansion and more text coloring // terrain update), but like this it is very good playable in bnet if you don't have much time ;D
Another good point is its size: it is only 1.1 MB big and can be downloaded fast by most bnet-users who don't have the map!

Last edited:
Level 31
Well, I had already try my best to minimize the map size by reducing the amount of model being used.

1 of my friend told me that the Axis and Allied should had different model cause they seem to be wearing same uniform.

Well, I had been mean to update several of my map such as Olympic Torch, KFC 300 and this map Omaha Assault. But, I am too busy developing my new map entitle "Sparta : Modern Warfare"

So, I just fix and remove all bug before adding more feature into it.

Until I complete my map, I would just leave the rest of this 3 map that way since there is no bug/error on it. Of course, any volunteer to help me improve the map would be appreciate

Level 23
Well, it looks like the first map in the Company of Heroes (the game) Campaign
Well not exactly, but the major terrain idea I think.
Perhaps it should contain more features I dont know. But the terrain is really plain...

Interesting

Level 31
To nosebaer : Well, it ain't easy to find a good custom skin.

To Eccho : Well, I design this map cause I like Medal Of Honor game. In MOH, there is a part where you had to invade Omaha.

Also, I don't really like most of the Omaha map created by people. It just don't had the creativity and just doesn't look like real war.

If you look up at all those omaha map at Epicwar.com website, I don't think you can find any Omaha map that had custom skin and a enviroment where those bullet firing right to you.

Level 4
this was the easiest shit ive ever played, i completed it alone, if you guys who says this is hard you realy have to be noobs or just stupid, its som fucking easy just go from one sandbag to the other and u got basicly infinitive health potions and when tanks comes jsut soot them with riockets and run and wait for cooldown, the game is more long than hard

Level 3
Way too many bullets. Also, the beach is extremely long. The sizes don't really fit, the bunkers are extremely small. The barbed wire is more like a metal wall, it should have been on some places on the beach. Instead of the barbed wire you could have used a sand wall, where you have to blow a hole in to get through.
Also, I found trees on the beach. I doubt that there were trees on Omaha Beach.
Just a few things to that map.