• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ogre Legion Models (Re-Classic Pack)

Made Ogre Models for Classic inspired by the Reforged Ogres.:ogre_haosis:
Used Ujimasa Hojo's Ogre (Two-Headed) and Derivatives and Ogre (One-Headed) and Derivatives as the base models.
880855.jpg
880874.jpg
880882.jpg
880867.jpg
880894.jpg
880861.jpg

880890.jpg
Update 1
- Changed the UV wrapping of the Sash and Belt (Ogre Mauler)
- Adjusted the Sash (Ogre Mauler)
Update 2
- Added Stonemaul Ogre Warrior
- Added Ogre Warrior
Update 3
- Added Arm armor and changed the UV wrapping of the Leg (Ogre Warrior)
Update 4
- Changed the effect color (Stonemaul Ogre Warrior)
- Added Stonemaul Ogre Hunter and Missile
Update 6
- Changed the Belt Shield and Skull (Ogre Mauler)
- Added Ogre Magi
- Added Ogre Battle Magi
Update 7
- Added a ribbon (Stonemaul Ogre Hunter Missile)
- Removed a bone to the belt armor to reduce the clipping (There is still clipping in some animations) (All Models)
Update 8
- Added Ears (All Models)
- Re-wrapped the loincloth (Stonemaul Ogres)
Update 9
- Added Ogre Hunter and Missile
- Added Stonemaul Ogre Magi
- Added Stonemaul Ogre Battle Magi
Update 10
- Re-wrapped the Hammer (Stonemaul Ogre Battle Magi)
Update 11
- Small adjustment to the Belt and Kilt (All Models)
Update 12
- Added Ogre Lord and Hero version
- Added Ogre Lord Alternate and Hero version
- Adjusted the Horn/Tusk (Ogre Lords)
Update 13
- Adjusted the legs (Ogre Lords, Maulers, Magis)
Update 14
- Added Stonemaul Ogre Warchief and Hero version
- Added Stonemaul Ogre Warchief Alternate and Hero version
Update 15
- Fixed the extents
- Adjusted the portraits
- Adjusted the cameras
- Attach some parts to the right bones
- Made the stomach not bouncing
Update 16
- Adjusted the kilt (Ogre Magi, Battle Magi, Lord, Stonemaul Ogre Warchief
- Replaced the wood kilt with a cloth kilt (Stonemaul Ogre Magi and Battle Magi)
Update 17
- Removed all unused tracks
Ogre Legion

Ogre Warrior

Ogre Hunter

Ogre Magi

Ogre Battle Magi

Ogre Mauler

Ogre Lord

btnogrewarrior-png.374366
Ogre Warrior
187372-e5576c48ba190f55044f3a0568600e54_tn.jpg
They are the standard warriors of the Ogre Legion. They will smash you with their club.

btnogrehunter-png.374362
Ogre Hunter
187403-af0ac1858f7cec8f90ed4e45eb58eb39_tn.jpg
They are the primary ranged warriors of the Ogre Legion. Supports the Ogre Warriors on the battlefield.

336613-548005708e17827bf62a6ab6a55ec88e.jpg
Ogre Magi
187373-d00a400999401276506237f08f50411b_tn.jpg
They are the spellcasting warriors of the Ogre Legion. They use their staff to attack from afar.

336610-99f9ab52a6e6455c5f960438e5d12ca0.jpg
Ogre Battle Magi
187374-ff0bdb4a8d6ac1a3602bb2fff0402395_tn.jpg
They are the secondary spellcasting warriors of the Ogre Legion. They can cast spells in close combat, also uses mace as a weapon.

336614-f02462c5de3a4d2d8d9f628450c6b2a7.jpg
Ogre Mauler

187370-0cde8adacccf27e86bc5d2c9b88d8ce9_tn.jpg
They are large brutal warriors of the Ogre Legion. They use metal spiked club to attack their enemies.

336612-28913e6fcbc7d5ae0f4e80b9de3d9908.jpg
Ogre Lord
187890-78a6bfaaa4f283ad515569174395c53b_tn.jpg
They are the Lords of the Ogre Legion. They will crush their enemies' skulls with their huge spiked club.
Ogre Legion (One-Headed)

Stonemaul Ogre Warrior

Stonemaul Ogre Hunter

Stonemaul Ogre Magi

Stonemaul Ogre Battle Magi

Stonemaul Ogre Warchief

336619-a5eb919ada369c795398821c5dcf8ce5.jpg
Stonemaul Ogre Warrior
187375-02faddbd49505762aaad332e4de698f1_tn.jpg
Powerful warrior. Less intelligent than the two-headed variety, but great combat fodder. Uses club to smash their enemies.

336622-9fea07a3c490a4da8465be99d341a3e7.jpg
Stonemaul Ogre Hunter
187376-72581e41b954168d728eec44575ec60b_tn.jpg
Powerful ranged warrior. Less intelligent than the two-headed variety, but great ranged warrior. They will throw their spears at their enemies.

336618-37e162824580a546826d6185d8f3e0cb.jpg
Stonemaul Ogre Magi
201752-da8424c84b5c1950c580099646d41eae_tn.jpg
Powerful spellcaster. Less intelligent and decisive than the two-headed variety, these Stonemaul Ogre Magi support their warriors with arcane spells.

336616-40b539dc47f0ec49cee1be273f756ef4.jpg
Stonemaul Ogre Battle Magi
201753-3179b4d3c470c6679c91f2e10c92dcfd_tn.jpg
Powerful melee spellcaster. Less intelligent and decisive than the two-headed variety, these Stonemaul Ogre Battle Magi support their warriors in close combat. They use hammer to attack.

btnogrewarchief-png.375736
Stonemaul Ogre Warchief
Warchief of the Ogres. This powerful ogre warchief can crush his enemies with his bare hands.
Author's Notes
Visit Johnwar's Models Discussion for updates and links for my models. :smile:
Contents

Ogre Battle Magi (Model)

Ogre Hunter (Model)

Ogre Hunter Missile (Model)

Ogre Lord (Model)

Ogre Lord (Hero) (Model)

Ogre Lord Alternate (Model)

Ogre Lord Alternate (Hero) (Model)

Ogre Magi (Model)

Ogre Mauler (Model)

Ogre Mauler (Alternate A) (Model)

Ogre Mauler (Alternate B) (Model)

Ogre Warrior (Model)

Stonemaul Ogre Battle Magi (Model)

Stonemaul Ogre Hunter (Model)

Stonemaul Ogre Hunter Missile (Model)

Stonemaul Ogre Magi (Model)

Stonemaul Ogre Warchief (Model)

Stonemaul Ogre Warchief (Hero) (Model)

Stonemaul Ogre Warchief Alternate (Model)

Stonemaul Ogre Warchief Alternate (Hero) (Model)

Stonemaul Ogre Warrior (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
Despite having some clipping glitches this model pack is pretty good and works in-game. Nice variations on normal Ogre model. Good job.

Pick your favorite Ogres :)

• Total voters
Level 58
Level 58
Cool stuff, but the clipping of the kilt/belt armor with the legs and the bouncing stomach is a gamebreaker. Try to fix it with rigging the kilt/beltarmor with the legs.
Unfortunately, I don't know yet how to rig or animate.
Will you make too bandits from reforged as you do now ogres?
At the moment, no.
That what happens when you go go for variety but consider WCIII art-style.
Good work!
Good job! I'm very excited about the new ogre army!
Thanks

Rommel

Hosted Project: HoS
Level 19
Magnificent work! Ogres are loved by Hive and there are many nice models, but this pack is consistent, detailed and works great in game! Already make me consider a few ogre-tastic ideas...

There are, however, a few suggestions my side.
1) The kilt clipping is very noticeable - in particular, on regular ogre whose bare legs are seen through the brown texture. Is it possible to assign lower vertices of the kil'loincloth to the leg bonеs? Might stretch weirdly, but it's better than completely static cloth
2) On Stonemaul variant, the loincloth is a bit too simple - just a red flat object. Perhaps you could rewarp it to have a more varied texture?
3) Increased detail calls for such thing as adding ears - they are quite visible on WoW and Reforged models, and earless bald heads look a bit too simple and plain compared to the rest of the model.

Thanks for sharing your work! Hope to see more from you ^^

Level 3
Dude i know you love ogres but the rate you update this pack is almost unhealthy.
I love it, keep up the good work man, one of the best pack of models to be uploaded to the hive if you ask me.

Level 51
Unfortunately, I don't know yet how to rig or animate.

You should get to it then, definetly before creating any more models using the same base. In their current state the kilt looks horrible and breaks the models and they will very likely be not approved.

Not trying to discourage you, but want to safe you time later on :)

Level 58
You should get to it then, definetly before creating any more models using the same base. In their current state the kilt looks horrible and breaks the models and they will very likely be not approved.

Not trying to discourage you, but want to safe you time later on :)
I tried to do it but failed, I will still continue doing it, but I want to create and upload more models.:grin::smile:
Magnificent work! Ogres are loved by Hive and there are many nice models, but this pack is consistent, detailed and works great in game! Already make me consider a few ogre-tastic ideas...

There are, however, a few suggestions my side.
1) The kilt clipping is very noticeable - in particular, on regular ogre whose bare legs are seen through the brown texture. Is it possible to assign lower vertices of the kil'loincloth to the leg bonеs? Might stretch weirdly, but it's better than completely static cloth
2) On Stonemaul variant, the loincloth is a bit too simple - just a red flat object. Perhaps you could rewarp it to have a more varied texture?
3) Increased detail calls for such thing as adding ears - they are quite visible on WoW and Reforged models, and earless bald heads look a bit too simple and plain compared to the rest of the model.

Thanks for sharing your work! Hope to see more from you ^^
Thanks:smile: as I've said in my reply above I'm doing it. I changed the loincloth of the Stonemaul variant and added ears to all models in the previous update.
Dude i know you love ogres but the rate you update this pack is almost unhealthy.
I love it, keep up the good work man, one of the best pack of models to be uploaded to the hive if you ask me.
i luv this model
Would you do the Ogre Lord and Stonemaul Warchief variant ?
As I've said before I'm doing all the Ogre models.:smile:

Level 3
Great to see you making the Ogre Lord model, looks pretty good, but the leather strap kinda looks out of place, but it's nothing too serious if you ask me. Cant wait to see what you gonna do with the Stonemaul Warchief

Level 58
excellent models of the ogres, if you can do some Stonemaul Ogre with a different helmet and club?
Thanks, I can but I will do the Stonemaul Warchief first:smile:
Great to see you making the Ogre Lord model, looks pretty good, but the leather strap kinda looks out of place, but it's nothing too serious if you ask me. Cant wait to see what you gonna do with the Stonemaul Warchief
Here are the Ogre Models without the kilt
ogresnokilt-png.375260
Download for Ogre Legion Models No Kilt and Ogre Legion Icons
Edit: Added the Stonemaul Ogre Warchief without kilt and its icon

Attachments

• OgreModelsNoKilt.rar
    886.5 KB · Views: 410
  • Ogre Legion Icons.rar
    94 KB · Views: 390
Last edited:
Level 58
Despite being fairly simple edits, those models are pretty "refreshing", I like them!
very cool model, especially for ogre mauler, who're just a more red and bigger version of ogre warrior in warcraft 3 classic. I hope you will release icons for them too
Thanks :smile: I'll attach the screenshot icons I made for them in my comment above.

Last edited:
Level 3
very cool model, especially for ogre mauler, who're just a more red and bigger version of ogre warrior in warcraft 3 classic. I hope you will release icons for them too

Level 5
An amazing selection of Ogres! There was a lack of one-head ogres for stuff like Draenor when 2 heads weren't so common.
The stash around their torso also gives them a more civilized look, great for a custom race.
I would love to see a one-headed mauler, but the Magi with the staff, the spear thrower and the warchief are good enough. They work nicely in-game!

Level 5
These models are absolutely fantastic.

The only thing I am hoping and waiting for is a Race Mod with these Ogres, and hopefully only Ogres, no other.

Level 3
These models are so fire. I'd love to see another variant of the magi with the hood in team color if possible lol, it'd be so good.