Ogre Barracks

This bundle is marked as awaiting update. A staff member has requested changes to it before it can be approved.
I tried making a barracks for Ogre race...

Updates:
1. added a banner on the roof
2. fixed some animations
3. removed unused textures
Contents

Ogre Barracks (Model)

Reviews
ILH
ILH
There are still some issues that can be fixed. Model is missing a collision shape. A lot of overlapping tracks and extent warnings are detected by HIVE's Sanity Checker. You can fix these to optimize your model. (I suggest using the optimizer in...
Level 5
Oh, it's awesome!
It certainly looks like a horde-inspired Ogre structure. I prefer the one with the bestiary texture!

I would imagine the Ogre Gorian Empire version (the smart Ogres from Draenor) wouldn't have the barricade surrounding it and a more human-like tower ceiling, should you want to represent those ogres too.

Level 13
Good buildings man, all round for realz, i hope you update the ones that are in the loop so these babies go in the approved section, or if mods need to review them and are taking some time :p

Level 5
Maybe the roof tiles don't look too ogre-ish. I'm having the same issue in Reforged.
I'd also add a couple of extra details on each tier so they look a bit different.
Well, it depends on where you are getting inspiration from. If bakr's objective is to make reference to the Ogres that allied with the Horde (like we had with the Troll Lumber Mill in W2), it sure gives that sort of vibe (in my opinion).

You can always simply create something not based on lore or by instinct since there's barely any Ogre proper (360º) building in Warcraft's games, books and artwork.

If you want to create something the Dire Maul Ogres would build, you can make use of Warcraft 3 Elven and Human Textures and models.
Screen-Shot-2019-10-08-at-11.56.19-PM-700x362.png

The buildings of Ogres of Warmaul Hill, in Nagrand, look like Barracks' Ceiling or Bestiary Cone texture.
Laughing_Skull_Ruins.jpg

If you look at the different artworks of the Gorian Empire Ogres, it seems they rarely use ceiling with tiles, but rather a good old Human Tower top and plenty of banners.
407386.jpg

Well, it depends on where you are getting inspiration from. If bakr's objective is to make reference to the Ogres that allied with the Horde (like we had with the Troll Lumber Mill in W2), it sure gives that sort of vibe (in my opinion).
Oh, yeah. If it's an horde building it looks fine. I'd add a banner or something that screams ogre to not make it a generic horde building, tho.

Level 12
Dude, amazing! I do not fear say that this work is same quality as resources of such users as Gen. Frank, Ujimasa Hojo, Stefan., Tauer and others. Keep working

Last edited: