1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Of Crimson Tides

Submitted by Flower Fairy, tulee
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.

[​IMG]

Important
This campaign was made by Flower Fairy. She is the author of this campaign. The campaign is being posted on HiveWorkShop on her behalf with her express permission.

The campaign was originally posted here:

血色征程完整版! - 自定义战役系列地图讨论区 - 游久社区 - bbs.uuu9.com

Permission From Author
[​IMG]

Of Crimson Tides
This campaign follows He Xiaoshu and the blood elves. This campaign is comprised of 11 playable missions and 9 cinematic missions, and follows the style of the Blizzard campaign with RTS-style missions as well as RPG-style missions.

Due to the conversion tool used to convert the campaign to the standard world editor, it is recommended to play the campaign using the most recent patch.

List of Flower Fairy's Campaigns

1. The Lonely Nightstar
2. Of Crimson Tides
3. Evil Resurgent
4. A Song of Dream Chasing

Characters
[​IMG] He Xiaoshu: The main character of the campaign. Even though she had an unhappy childhood, she relied on her optimism and hard work to eventually became the deputy president of Dalaran. She is a pacifist who draws a clear line between what she likes and doesn't like, and knows right from wrong. She is also a competent leader. This time, however, she and her allies will face an unprecedented crisis...
[​IMG] Thrall: The warchief of the horde, he is always thinking about his people's future, and even makes sacrifices for them. He was saved by He Xiaoshu during an outing. He realizes that in order to give his people lasting peace, sacrifices must be made--- allying himself with the foreign blood elves.
[​IMG] Lor'themar Theron: Once a nameless rogue swordsman, he was able to become a battle mage of Dalaran after the Dalaran president took a liking to him. As such, he is often blindly loyal to the president and has no views of his own. After witnessing the president's betrayal, he realizes who is the true leader of Dalaran.
[​IMG] Maiev: She is a consistently arrogant avenger. She once used her allies to achieve her revenge without scruples, leading to everyone becoming alienated from her in the end. With new allies this time, will she treat them as she did her old allies? Valkyire said that her only goal in life was revenge. What meaning will her life hold once her revenge is accomplished?
[​IMG] Akama: Once a general of the draenei, after being afflicted by a demonic curse and being forced to become the demons' slave, he and his followers declared themselves The Broken. After being persuaded by He Xiaoshu, his lost heart finally found a shore to stop at. He leads his forces to help He Xiaoshu break out of prison and joins her ranks.
[​IMG]
Yrel: She is the commander of the draenei. After witnessing the sacrifice her mentor A'dal made, she understands she is the last guardian of the light. She follows He Xiaoshu to the black citadel with the intent of making the demons pay in blood.

Screenshots
Click to show
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

Credits
Click to show

Message from Flower Fairy (creator): This campaign takes some inspiration from Tomoraider and Sclammerz.

These are the hiveworkshop resources in use, based on the automatic credit generator:
Resources in Use by Of Crimson Tides | HIVE

Bymighty, rightfield, miseracord, will the almighty, daelin, kuhneghetz, general frank, norinrad, epion, jetfanginferno, kitabatake, callahan, splashy5, dojo, lord_t, demon boy, bloody_turds, infrenus, dickxunder, champara bros, hawkwing, assasin_lord, hanza-ru, mephestrial, quech, noypi, thrikodius, supertoinkz, cavman, sellenisko, just_spectating, rama462, proxy, -grendel, peekay, sin'dorei300, wandering soul, power, shyrony, whitedeath, jesushipster, ujimasa hojo, andrewoverload519, eubz, nightskyaurora, kimbo, whitewolf8, kangyun, reflex, horusrogue, darkholme, frlky, 67chrome, daenar7, mc !, link_iceblader, kyzerdrood32, darkfang, crazyrussian, cloudwolf, viiva, bigapple90, mr,goblin, palaslayer, inhuman89, nfwar, hellx-magnus, orthon, m0rbid, zbc, nelsonlaje, marcos DAB, heinvers, ~nightmare, solu9, edge45, murlocologist, ghostthruster,

Special Thanks
Click to show

Message from Flower Fairy (creator): This campaign takes some inspiration from Tomoraider and Sclammerz.

These people helped in various ways in bringing the campaign to hiveworkshop.
Ghostwolf- YDWE conversion tool, Wareditor + Quinten- map description title picture, Deepstrasz- various things, Naruto- helping contact the author, Tuwnew- map template.

Change Log
Click to show

H-Oct-v0.02- Initial Upload
H-Oct-v0.03- All missions locked, swordsman tooltip, ballista tooplist, barracks/sanctum/archer/sorceress/dragonhawk nest full-stop added, farm name, you "are" dad's..., Out of Touch-- Non-Responding, villager "leader", "task is to destroy"
H-Oct-v0.05- mission 2 you are- your,vereesa name fixed, genn howl of terror name, summoned thing- summoned unit, evil archer- fel crossbowman, dark shaman tooltip spells, claw of shaman reduced description length so can display, giant abomination name, necromancer boss name, zepplin parts tooltip/name, mission 4 "search for dreadlord- main quest, flame fantasy- fire fantasy, mission 4 give back to them also- give back to them as well, mission 4 jubei'thos line fixed somewhat, (dungeon interlude)- execute them after three days (without immediately), transmit-put, mission 5- city of dranei brethren- city of draenei, out of the inferno - main quest, who are they- who are these people, dark shadow name transmissions fixed, magic suppression debuff toolip + name, aethalas healing wave + tranquility toolip/name, vereesa marksmanship/starfall tooltip/name
H-Oct-v0.06- map11 boss message fixed, antonidas speech lines slight correction, holy priest + holy witch spell tooltip, map12 patchwerk name, sewed-together, final line by jubei'thos corrected, map13 capital letters "Black Citadel",map14 "break free", gemstone "Dalaran" name fixed.
H-Oct-v0.08- Seer adept training- banish, salamander "lightning", catapult name + tooltip, fel orc catapult buff name + tooltip, "Grom must not die", "scum", tyke- boy, "I never liked you", "In the Black Citadel in northern Outland", "scum", "from", "orders", "The responsibility they have taken on, revenge and their righteous cause", removed 1 "stubbornly", greater heal- heal, flame strike- breath of fire, "An unsettling aura is emanating from...", "only part of our army", Mannoroth lines matched, "power of the elements is", Kil'jaeden name added for line missing it, "shrine",
H-Oct-v0.09- All campaign buttons unhidden from start, since from mission 5 onwards there are not unhidden.

H-OCT-v0.552 - reverted to 0.06 to avoid corruption on AI, corrected all language/ grammar changes from 0.08 and 0.09, at the author's request (flower Fairy) censored some writing on the items and afternote regarding "Lucky Skk"

Contents

Of Crimson Tides (Campaign)

Reviews
cleavinghammer
Well no, the model doesn't use a crossbow either, they just move their arm like they're throwing things. Admittedly, "Fel Thrower" isn't much of a name either. General: Worgen Prophet's Hex and Devour Magic should switch positions. Flying Machines...
cleavinghammer
As in, you've been given control of all four races and techtrees throughout the campaign, which one would you like to finish it with? Update (finished it): I gotta say, I don't get the title. I thought it might be referring to the fel orcs, but the...
deepstrasz
Changes made... Approved. (whole review here: Of Crimson Tides)
  1. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ok. I will post the last version made on 1.29, so there will still be a few grammar mistakes, but the AI for the Grom mission/final RTS mission will be working at least.
    The missions will be unlocked from start, so that issue of it not showing will be solved that way.
    I think it's sad that the final afternote cannot be included, as it gives a chance to see a manifestation of the original author (flower fair)'s personality. It's funny--- the person she talked about seemed to engage in personal attacks against her, but now the afternote mission cannot be included because it is viewed as a personal attack against that person ha-ha. I can just hide it for now in the mission list

When the next stable version comes out, I can fix the final missions' grammar errors, + some of the additional language things you mentioned (Worgen/Draenei upgrades mentioning Blood-elves in the tool tip) etc.

If these things are done, can it be approved?

2. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    As long as the AI is working properly and there's no name and shame, yes. The site allows discussions about people in the Staff Contact when there is offense and controversy involved. I know it may sound unfair because, yeah, there would be no problem in congratulating someone or talking good about a person but nobody knows about the person in question. What if the author is lying or exaggerating? Plus, this is something between them. This site's users are here to play, mod and so on, not instigate drama. One thing is making an Easter Egg of such a person and one thing is to blatantly spew insults.

But, of course, you can always use the Staff Contact in case you think my decision is unfair. I'm directing it directly to the staff because another reviewer might not see things I do and I really would not agree with that and ultimately I'd request the staff to take care of it one way or the other.

3. Cristteer

Cristteer

Resources:
    Resources:
    really good work man!! i love it! i can't wait for the next part!!! please... i want the next part :D

4. Verb8im

Verb8im

Resources:
    Resources:
    When's the final update coming out?

5. Verb8im

Verb8im

Resources:
    Resources:
    There was the 1.30.1 update that came out yesterday. Will that fix the crashes?

6. xAnGeLx

xAnGeLx

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey.
    Where i can download third part campaign made by Flower Fairy? (Evil Resurgent)?

7. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Resources:
    It'll be put up once this one gets approved.

8. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can my comments be removed from the reviews section? They don't really qualify as reviews, they're just lists of things to fix and suggestions.

Apparently they can't. 4/5 for the plot, but 1/5 for the combat (and that's generous).

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  9. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ok, fixed AI corruption, all buttons un-hidden, corrected all language/ grammar changes from newer versions, at the author's request (flower Fairy) censored some writing on the items and afternote regarding "Lucky Skk", the ghoul has also been renamed to "Big Ghoul".
    Also, some of the changes you mentioned in the review were caused by the 1.30 corruption (like no special effects when tping I think, ect).

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  10. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Changes made...
    Approved.

(whole review here: Of Crimson Tides)

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  11. shadowhog

shadowhog

Resources:
    Resources:
    This was really good. Had a lot of fun playing it

12. The_Messenger

The_Messenger

Resources:
    Resources:
    After playing the campaign and took my time with it I've decided to give it a review. Like the first part (The Lonely Nightstar) it has the same odd story, clumsy dialogues and a personalized Warcraft lore.

It has great game play value and it was truly a delight to be able to play with so many different custom races in one single campaign. I've enjoyed the diversity of the races and most of all the boss fights. The campaign challenged me from start to finish and I don't lie when I say that I've enjoyed it. Like the Lonely Nightstar (which you have to play first to understand the story and action), the campaign's saving grace is the action and creative maps. Unlike the Lonely Nighstar however, the story feels a little bit more solid than before which I consider to be a step in a good direction story and writing-wise.

Sadly there are a few, if not several, setbacks... (This is purely my opinion and the conclusion I've reached after playing the campaign)
    - For starters He Xiaoshu's voice lines that made me mute the game several times over. Her voice is taken from the WoW sounds for the Human Female command interactions which are horrible to listen to (this is purely my opinion). I won't deny that some people might find it fitting or not annoying, but to me it was a chore to listen to her talk or respond when I clicked on her. I actually had half a mind to change her voice sent in the Editor just to make her stop talking.
    - Most of the dialogues are clumsy and odd, they lack proper proofing and are in need of thoughtful edits to breathe in more life in them.
    - The characters are fairly flat. It's a little hard to differentiate them one from the other. Most of the times they deliver cut and dry dialogues that make little sense. They are quick to agree, show little emotion and rarely get into minor conflicts / disagreements / point out their personal opinions to show off some of their more distinguishing character features that would help a player form an emotional bridge with the characters.
    - After I've had my fill of being assaulted by the Undead relentlessly in Outland, I've decided to decimate their bases only to encounter invulnerable buildings of which I've also encountered when I had to capture Grom. I see this a bit of a problem considering you can't get rid of a threat or an annoyance early on and are forced to suffer it till you complete the main mission or your given task.
    - As much as I enjoyed the boss battles and have nothing but respect and admiration for the patience that was invested in scripting these events I do not understand the need for the 'Necklace of Spell Immunity' on some of the early chapter bosses. They were difficult (except Antonidas) and it wasn't enough that they were hitting hard they also had to rezist the only source of damage you have early in the game, magic. Of course, I passed the boss fight after a few trials (if you are curious it was the Shade boss that beat the snot out of me repeatedly)
    - There is also an issue with the text speed. In some scenes the text is big and you have a few seconds to read it all before it suddenly disappears. The same could be said at the Afterword where Flower Fairy tries to share some thoughts but the lines are so long that you don't have enough time to read them all.

Overall I enjoyed the challenge the campaign gave me, and the chuckles I got while reading the dialogues. I rate this campaign a 3.5/5 and recommend giving it a try to those that want to have the same experience like in the Lonely Nightstar and a bit more. Like the Lonely Nightstar, I would have honestly given it a higher grade if it had more polish and editing.

13. Nhat Truong

Nhat Truong

Resources:
    Resources:
    how to use Blood Drop Stone guys?

14. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    Now I shall review this last campaign

Prologue:
    Loading screen: "from the Alliance"
    -Some phrases stay too little time for me to read them full (same to all missions)
    -Those tombstones seem kind of too creepy for people of Dalaran.

Chapter One
    -The exclamation mark above a villager appears in the cinematic
    "helped... founding Dalaran"
    -Units should have their abilities follow QWER (same to all missions)
    -The 'Vitality Aura' icon should be a Passive One (same to all missions)
    -He Xiaoshu reacts way too composed after seeing a slaughtered village
    "an alive one here"
    -You should put in the first main quest the detail "Alert Professor Sunreaver of what you found out". Because after killing the two trolls in the village there was no explanation of what to do next
    "trolls have destroyed"

Chapter Two
    "the residents killed and revived as undead"
    -Genn's model is weird
    -Magic City and Magic Temple upgrades should have capital letters
    -Many of the buildings in the Worker's building panel don't have their names starting with capital letters
    -Review and fix the hotkeys for the upgrades
    "putted the worgen curse on us"

Interlude
    "Dark Clouds of Dalaran" or "Dark Clouds on Dalaran"?
    "World Tree"
    -Ok, I don't understand. Antonidas said first that they had no reason to attack the undead since they didn't attack Dalaran, but a few sentences later he says that the undead are indeed attacking them?
    -The messenger didn't even ask them to reconsider her plead, even though the world is at stake
    -That was the fastest vote and change of decision ever! :D
    -That amount of events was too fast. First, Dalaran decides to attack the undead, then Antonidas tells Lor'themar that He Xiaoshu might be suspicious and then Antonidas turns out to be a servant of the demons.
    -I never liked Antonidas in the Warcraft lore pretty much. Mostly because I am a fan of Kel'Thuzad :D

Chapter Three
    -Make Genn's abilities more unique
    -Lor'themar's Shield Wall ability should have a passive icon
    -The orange undead team decides to go attack from the same size as the other teams, even though they have a clear path to my base
    "Outland" (same to all missions)

Interlude
    -Wow Antonidas is such a racist and condescending prick!
    -Oh, so Outland is in the same world as them.

Chapter Four
    "dreadlord" not "dread lord"
    "Horde" not "horde"
    -Thrall's item says that it increases damage by 12, but it actually increases by 15
    -Why does ou base lack Peons?
    -Orcish Spear Throwers do no not have Capital letters in the Barracks
    -Why did Kargath's model changed from the previous campaign?
    -Seriously? Grom became corrupted just like that? Half of this world is composed of reasonable people and the other half is of gullible and hypocritrical idiots that will betray everyone for power

Interlude
    -These must be the worst villains in any fanmade campaign's history! Let's review
    --They had the Deputy President of Dalaran and the Warchief of the Horde in their grasps and they simply imprisoned them
    --They decided to execute such important people only after three days pass
    --They decided not to execute Maiev right away, despite the fact that they lost Lordaeron because of her
    --They putted He Xiaoushi and Maiev on cells right next to each other
    --They left said prisioners on the guard of people that clearly resent the demons

Chapter Five
    "Lord Akama"
    "Balnazzar's and Mannoroth's forces"
    "By the Light"
    -The statues next to Thrall's cell are positioned to the wall. Is this on purpose?
    -The imprisoned orcs should only join us after we break their cells

Interlude
    "Why have you come...?"
    "...Ok."

Chapter Six
    -If He Xiaoushi made a portal for Dalaran, then why didn't Lor'themar got there instantly?
    -All the worgen units and buildings do not have their names spelled with capital letters (same to all missions)
    -Aethas' abilities are too generic
    -The Dreadlord already has Vampiric Aura so why does he need Mask of Death?

Chapter Seven
    "Black Citadel" not "black citadel"
    -The Shattrah Deffenders AI should be capable of replenishing the forces guarding the entrances
    -You should warn us that we have access to the other heroes' items
    -Yay! We can kill Putress many times over!

Chapter Eight
    -The Draenei have the same problem as the Worgen
    -The Broken Draenei is on a location too difficult to reach
    -Our gold mine ran out before the ones of other bases

Chapter Nine
    -The Broken have the same problem as Draenei and Worgen
    -Even though Akama has Orb of Venom, he can't attack flying units. Why?
    -Fix the positions of the upgrades
    -Why is the yellow orc base invulnerable?
    -Immolation upgrade should have an Active icon instead of a Passive one
    -Our Gold mine ran out before the ones of other bases

Say my thanks to Flower Fairy for making this campaign

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  15. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The names of all the units have capital letters. So for example if you click on a frost wyrm, it will say "Frost Wyrm".
    In all other places that name appears, it will not have capital letters (unless at the start of a sentence). Blizzard's original version was grammatically incorrect. I am guessing they thought that for younger players, where there are pieces of long text, they needed capital letters in order to draw attention, or else young players would have difficulty recognizing key information from long sentences.

So they would write a human range upgrade like this:

XXXX
    Increases the ranged attack damage of Riflemen, Mortar Teams, Siege Engines, and Flying Machines.

It is wrong of them to capitalize the names of those units in that sentence, but it does help young players immediately focus on the key information (the units' names).

So, all of the names of the units when you click on them will have capital letters, but everywhere else they are not capitalized (which should be the correct way of punctuation).

16. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    The final part of my review

Chapter Ten
    "made enemies"
    -The demons never learn. They now decided to imprison phoenixes rather than just killing them?
    -Find a more suitable icon for the Blazing Warlock and Broken Warlock caster icons (same to all missions)
    -The enemy bases decide to attack us all at once, whch nearly overwhelmed us
    -Given the large side of the map and that the Black Temple is enormous, having five enemy bases aglomerated in such small space (around 10-15% of the map) is weird

Chapter Eleven
    -Natherizm Elite should have more MP. They are elite and yet most of the other demon units have more than them (same to all missions)
    -Considering that this is the Black Citadel, shouldn't there be more fel orcs and demons than undead as enemy units?
    -The enemy units' variety should be much larger than this. Enemy reinforcements should vary from boss fight to boss fight, rather than being all the same
    -Wow. Mannoroth's and Balnazzar's final words were truly unexpected. A pity Maiev no longer has positive emotions to appreciate them
    -Why did we have to kill Mannoroth and Balnazzar in order to reach Kargath? Weren't they all three lieutenants of somewhat equal ranking?
    -Hold on. In order to Sargeras to be summoned, lives had to be sacrificed. Why didn't they sacrifice He Xiaoushi, Maiev and Thrall and their soldiers when they had the chance? Why didn't they captured all those civilians they butchered during their invasion and used them as sacrifices? Why didn't they sacrifice the Broken back when they were slaves? These guys could have won a long time ago if they had simply thought about this. Damn, I could have won this war in a matter of weeks and made a huge End of the World party!:D:D

Epilogue
    -I am so glad that Maiev survived. She is one my favorite characters in this story. Though, since her positive emotions are gone, she shouldn't have those thoughts about Jaina.
    -Wait. So He Xiaoushi saw the future? She saw a new undead invasion and Arthas' downfall and didn't alert anyone else? She could have prevented the entire plot of 'Evil Resurgent' and yet decided to keep what she saw for herself?
    -And how in the world is she surprised that undead still exist and some fight alongside humans? As the president of Dalaran she should be, by this point, already aware of the existence of the faction of free undead led by Sylvanas and that they already are allied with Lordaeron's remnants led by Muradin.

Final review
    -I liked this campaign a lot more than 'The Lonely Nightstar' mostly because there aren't as many plot holes and loose ends the latter and we end with a happier ending.
    -I liked the characters as they seemed all three-dimensional and interesting
    -The gameplay was good. The only major thing I have to complain are the hotkeys

Therefore I give this campaign a 4/5 rating! Good job Flower Fairy for making this campaign! :infl_thumbs_up::infl_thumbs_up:

What's next? Will there be a fourth campaign for this or will it stay like this, similar to the ending of the Frozen Throne?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  17. REN&YI

REN&YI

Resources:
    Resources:
    Flower Fairy is a Senior high school student .She is very busy.And I support her Campaign.

18. Verb8im

Verb8im

Resources:
    Resources:
    @tulee Is Flower Fairy working on the 4th campaign?

19. REN&YI

REN&YI

Resources:
    Resources:
    Flower Fairy is working on The Song Of Dream,her 4th campaign.But she is a senior high school student in Grade 3,she is very busy.
    In China, Grade 3 in senior high school is much more busy than college.So she will finish her 4th campaingn in summer holidays.
    Patient please and I believe that she can make it!

20. MoheadageXVIII

MoheadageXVIII

Resources:
    Resources:
    well first of all i liked the campaign as much as the other one it is a true master peace but i have notes i would like you to think about it :
    1- Researching Magic Sentry doesn't give Arcane Towers the Reveal ability.
    2- Blood Drop Stone: Summoned Thing -> Summoned Unit or Ward
    3- Evil Archer clearly doesn't use a bow, he should have a different name.
    4- Cutscenes are unskippable .
    5- the book that you gather from consored ghoul that you hunt in outland missions can't be used .
    6- the stuff from runestone can't be changed to anyone if one of your heroes wear it '
    7- the heroes it's reasonable they become strong but the shadow and bosses is far from overpowered they crash army in seconds the normal bosses is too easy to deal but that shadow is really pain in the *** you should make it much easier by low the magic summons and make it slower .
    8- change Maiev sound voice or delete the parts where she hunt illidan as it ruin the act and story .

thank you for reading still i will vote 10/10 for the hard work