• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

OaD 2 v1.0.3

---

Keywords:
---
Contents

OaD 2 v1.0.3 (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael Date: 2013/Jan/29 19:05:31 [Please do not send me a message, use Staff Contact] Comment:Sigh... Updated & upped the rating. [tr]Highly Recommended Rules Vengeancekael Date: 2012/Nov/02 00:40:35 [Please do not send me...

xFx

xFx

Level 2
Well, the potential of this map is very high, maybe is the best map AOS has been posted in the hive.

maybe the problem later that the map would weigh a lot, Because the importation of models. Would be nice to use some models of which brings the editor, they might change these coloring, etc. to prevent increase much the size of the map.

a website for the map, well done, also would be nice.

i give 5 point. of course..

Alriiight. :D
My brother and I tested the new Cosmic Mage, and we really liked it. :)
Although my brother said that the ultimate was a bit too weak, because the mana draining coefficient was too low and the targeted hero could still regenerate mana during the duration.

Also, one more thing about the Raise Elemental Stats skill you can learn. My brother learned the skill at Level 27, and used the hotkeys to raise his Elemental stats indefinitely. By using the hotkeys, the "Raise Elemental Stats Command Card" did not close, allowing him to raise his stats to over 500 for each element.

And, about the Soulstone, I just noticed that after you kill an enemy, the stone drops at the point of where the unit you killed died, making it more difficult to use the stone.

Also, the Holy element stat is still bugging. See my previous post for more details.

About the creep pathing, both the Centaur and Wildkin creep camps by the west side of the map have a pathing hole south of the mentioned creep camps.

And, I also noticed that getting gold is a pain in the ass, especially when the creeps give too few gold, and no quests give you gold. In one of my last games, it took me 1 hour, 30 minutes, and 5 seconds to finally make a Pulsar due to a lack of gold. Take note that I already had -ntow mode on, so I repeatedly destroyed towers to gain gold while simultaneously finishing quests and killing creeps.

And I also noticed that getting a Pulsar isn't that worth it, because having 6 of all the orbs is better than having 1 Pulsar, because they have stronger armor, movespeed, and attack speed bonuses separately.

So, that's all we noticed about the new version. :)

We're very excited to see the new hero we designed for you in action. :)

Level 3
Hey, druidess' entangle only entangles one unit in the aoe but it says in the tooltip that it entangles all units in the aoe :O

Level 34
Most icons don't have disbtn, most models are shit.

Убейте того парня, который не франк и отрежьте ему руку, он всё-равно не умеет ими пользоваться. Ну и английский порой просто невообразимо ужасен. Даже более - иконки слишком хороши для этих моделей, и вы могли хотя-бы добавить disbtn Столько шуму, а в итоге такое...

Loading Screen art has a very childish looking style
Missing disabled version of custom icons
Add a short description of a hero's role during selection "Archdruidess: Tank/Mage/Support", etc.
Archdruidess' "Entangle" doesn't seem to be stunning creeps. Also make it instantly damage&stun all enemies in the target area, not the ones that get hit specificall by one of the flying birds
Archdruidess Q seems a bit up, especially when you're in the center of the map, where are you supposed to get trees from?
Give the Desert Mage creeps a different projectile art, they create a fire effect when attacking, but a green orb
The Archdruidess' walk animation looks a bit stiff.
The tooltips are all nice and informative, the hero selection seems good, easy to use, etc. however do take into account my suggestion about adding a short summary of the hero's role
The terrain is pretty good, nothing to point out there, it's an AoS, it's not necessarily supposed to look spectacular, everything has to be symmetric, etc. so it's pretty okay.
Give Wolf Form a different icon, it should go with the rest of the icons, namely be green
Also test the Wolf Form skill, after trying to turn into a bear, you become human again and get the wrong skill
The custom soundtracks are a neat addition and all sound good.

@RetroSexual,
Some models will be changed in 1.0.2. Map keeps improving, don't forget about it.

Английский довольно-таки далёк от ужасного.

@Vengeancekael,
I've pointed out the way to fix the missing DISBTN without increasing the map's size. Hope you'll like this way!
Also, I'll take in consideration what've you said about hero pick.
Archdruidess bugs? Will get rid of them :)

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
We played your map just now. I thought it was pretty cool. It's nice to see a homemade terrain in this type of map. I like the systems you've built like assist and the hero selection system. The custom UI is pretty neat and follows well with the icon style. I expect this to be a blast at 5v5.

Level 5
Personally, i think this map needs more items, there is basically no good items other than the element orbs which are the only items worth making. There should be more items that use energy/crystal (the same one element items use) except they are not linked to elements. or maybe items made through combining elements. Or increasing the potential of the items by applying elements Idk the items are just really lacking. and also most neutral creeps give too much gold. when i was playing i had 14k+ gold and already had a full set item. The lane creeps should upgrade whenever 15/30 minutes have passed because the heroes get too strong for them to actually do anything.

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Awesome AoS! I played it for about 3 or 4 times and it gave me a nice feeling. The game music brings you into the atmosphere of the game, while the wonderful terrain increases the feeling. However there aren't too many heroes. For such theme the game has you could had created dozens of incredible heroes. Also I like a lot the hero selection system....really wonderful!

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Is this AoS abandoned or something?