• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Not working model (AGAIN AND AGAIN!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Well, I do the following:
I open the Admiral Proudmoore model in the Model Editor
I scale it to make it more slender
I export the skin with the Warcraft 3 Viewer, edit it and convert it back to "Rakovski.blp"
In the Model Editor I remove all Glow geosets and materials
I change the materials to be with the Rakovski.blp skin instead of Proudmoore.blp
I import a Geoset from the Revenant model and apply a material with Rakovski.blp on it
I save the model as Rakovski.mdx
In the WE, I import "Rakovski.mdx", removing "War3MapImported/"
I import the Rakovski.blp skin, again removing "War3MapImported/"
I save the map and close the WE (NOT only the map)
I start the WE again and create a custom unit, setting its model to Rakovski.mdx
And the WE crashes.

Well I need your help.

Level 32
So, WHATEVER mdx file I import, when I try to use it, the WE crashes!

EDIT: IS THERE ANYONE THAT CAN HELP OR SHOULD I SPAM THE WHOLE FORUM???
That won't be necessary.

To repair maps damaged by corrupt models, follow the procedure described in:

> Artist's Discussion > Modeling > Beware Of Corrupted Model Files!
Maps damaged by corrupted models may be repaired using this procedure:

1. Obtain and install MPQ editing software.
  2. Open the MPQ editor and select: Open File.
  3. Set the file type selector to All File Types.
  4. Browse to the folder that contains the damaged map and open it. Remember to open the correct .w3m or .w3x map, NOT a .mpq file.
  5. View the map's list file which displays all imported resources.
  6. Note: Occasionally, especially during protection / optimization, files are renamed so they are not recognizable. In this case, you should make quite a few backups, and perform trial & error tests until you get the right one.
  7. Delete each and every .mdx file (and any associated .blp texture files) which are suspected of being corrupt.
  8. Exit the MPQ editing software; no need to save the map: once the unstable files have been deleted, the map's MPQ archive will be restored.
  9. Test the map in Blizzard's World Editor and in Warcraft III.

Level 18
No, the map is not corrupted, it just crashes when I try to set the custom model to a unit and then this is not saved and the map can be loaded again in the WE. I have tried with geoset animations, removed this one with the missing glow and put 3 for the other 3 geosets but... it did not work. Well the WE does not crash when I import models with custom geosets but no custom skins...

Level 18
Well, here are the files. The skin is noobish, yes. I'm sorry for my... um, immoderate behaviour. I just got nervous because of the lack of any reply and drunk a lil bit more coffee than normally. So will someone try to solve my problem or shall this forum be fated to eternal damnation? :pal::pal::pal:

Attachments

• Rakovski.mdx
    256 KB · Views: 70
  • Rakovski.blp
    163.3 KB · Views: 62
Level 18
Your Geosets in your Edited Model Head have messed up they do not move with the model, and thats why it was messing up in WE.

Hm... in my Model Editor it shows that they DO move... strange, in another model I have customized, I inserted other geosets but the model DOES show up in the WE, but however, one of the inserted geosets is floats with the body instead of moving together with the left hand where I attached it... here it is.

However, could someone please... help me fix this problem with these non-moving geosets?... I mean teaching me how to do it, not doing it for me.

Attachments

• SwordMaiden.mdx
    172.5 KB · Views: 67
  • SwordMaiden.blp
    130.4 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Level 18
Whoa, I cannot remember how to test animations in the Viewer... :eekani:
And, I have the same problem with another model. Any idea how to get rid of this geoset-mess? Here is the model.

Attachments

• Opulchenetz.mdx
    174.8 KB · Views: 57
  • Chetnik.BLP
    178.3 KB · Views: 67
  • Rifleman2.blp
    142.9 KB · Views: 63
Level 19
ok and here is what is wrong with your model

thatsiteh5.png

Is that cape or hair pose to be their if not i can easly remove it for yeah.

Level 18
I tried to remove the cape by centering all vertices of it to X;Y;Z: 0;0;0 using center of mass (this part of it that is part from the body geoset, the other one with the team color was removed via Geoset removing) But although it showed that nothing of the cape has remained, there is still this... with no vertices for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.