• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Not counting Dummies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
How do I make a Unit Group Trigger not count/not include dummy units? Is there a trigger for that or do I have to make elaborate quick expiration timers for the dummies?

Level 8
Dummy units all have the "Locust" ability, if the level of locust for picked unit is greater than 0 it's a dummy.
I'm gonna use that! Thanks Chaosy.

I thought it ignored units with locust by default? Usually people ask for the opposite instead because of this.
Nope, and that's exactly why I'm asking this. I'm making a spell that counts number of allies nearby and if there are allies in the spell's aoe the spell heals allies and damages enemies by half the spell's damage, but if there are only enemies near the caster, they will take full damage. By doing that, I noticed that casting this spell after casting another spell that creates a dummy causes the spell to do both the heal and damage effects even though there were no ally units nearby.
I just had an idea... I could create the dummy unit for another player... ehh!

Level 12
Well that's weird.

https://www.google.se/search?q=warc...rome..69i57.8135j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Some random examples lol:

"Hi, is there a way for picking all the units in the unit group, including those with the ability locust?

When I, for example, pick all the units in radius around my hero, or all the units in a certain region, the units with locust ability are left unpicked... Which is awesome in most cases, but not in this one :C"

"Hey ive done this a while ago in my old map. I have no idea why it worked then. But now im trying it again in a new map and it doesent work. Ive read in other threads that its not possible to add a unit with locust to a unit group, but its weird that in the map i attached it does work?
Attached Files"

"How to add a locust to a unit group?
I've searched the forums in 75 topics and found nothing on this:

How do I add a locust unit into a unit group?"

So now I'm really curious actually...

Level 14
Pick [unit] matching ((level of Locust for matching unit) equal to 0)

Well that's weird.

https://www.google.se/search?q=warc...rome..69i57.8135j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Some random examples lol:

"Hi, is there a way for picking all the units in the unit group, including those with the ability locust?

When I, for example, pick all the units in radius around my hero, or all the units in a certain region, the units with locust ability are left unpicked... Which is awesome in most cases, but not in this one :C"

"Hey ive done this a while ago in my old map. I have no idea why it worked then. But now im trying it again in a new map and it doesent work. Ive read in other threads that its not possible to add a unit with locust to a unit group, but its weird that in the map i attached it does work?
Attached Files"

"How to add a locust to a unit group?
I've searched the forums in 75 topics and found nothing on this:

How do I add a locust unit into a unit group?"

So now I'm really curious actually...

From what I know, dummies can be picked up in a unit group trigger. I'm not sure.

Level 25
This is how it works:
There are 4 general ways to pick units into unit group (excluding the option "Units selected by player" option, since you cannot select locust units yourself). The 4 ways are:
- Units in region
- Units in range
- Units of player
- Units of type

Units in region and range DO NOT pick locust units. On the other hand Units of player and units of type DO pick locust units.

So it really depends on the way you create the unit group.

You can have units with locust in unit group and it is also a valid way to create a locust unit, refer to it as Last Created unit and add it to unit group.

Level 8
Units in region and range DO NOT pick locust units. On the other hand Units of player and units of type DO pick locust units.
Are you sure of that? Because that's exactly the opposite of what happened to me. My dummy unit was picked and the second spell counted it. I was using 'Pick Units in Range'.

Bribe made a thread about some bug he found when moderating a spell. I didn't read it thoroughly, so I'm not sure what the exact context is.
Ironically, I set the dummy unit's movement speed to 0 as well! Maybe that was the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.