1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Northrend Bound v1.85

Submitted by Wark
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Northrend Bound
Brought to you by: Wark

The old kingdom has fallen into disarray.
It is broken and divided, but not all is lost.
The people seek a new leader to face the trials of the North.
Will you rise to the cause?
There will be many challenges and choices. Allies and enemies.
To be a tyrant or a hero, the decision is yours.

Need info? Check out this item reference chart by Insanity_AI:
Northrend Bound Spreadsheets

Requires the latest version of Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne

• Introduction:
    Northrend Bound is a strategy-RPG game.
    It is based in an alternate Warcraft universe where something happened to the human kingdom of Northrend.
    You are a lowly wanderer (of varying races) determined to become the next king. How you do it? That's completely up to you.
    My goal is to make something that's as fun as possible, with many different ways to go about playing the game.

Synopsis:
    The old kingdom is all but gone.
    A decade ago, dark magic washed over these lands and exacted a terrible price.
    The forests, are dying.
    The mountains, are in perpetual frost.
    The animals become more aggressive day by day.
    Undead roam the coasts,
    and the Queen has shut out her people. She hasn't been seen since that day.
    What do you hope to accomplish, wanderer?

Features include but are not limited to:

• Single player OR co-op OR free-for-all. Can add computer players.
    • Hunting, fishing, mining, farming, lumber gathering, digging, trading, base building
    • Crafting with over 200 items
    • Multiple ways to develop your characters
    • "QWER - DFG" hotkeys for skills
    • "-help" and other in-game commands with game modes
    • Kick-ass backpack system
    • Semi-balanced races; they have strengths and weaknesses
    • Unit ranking system
    • Morality system based on reputation with the townsfolk
    • Naval combat
    • Espionage through direct and indirect means
    • A focus on town building, hero development, or a combination of the two
    • Different ways to win: conquest victory (destroy all other players or capture all towns), heroic victory (kill all bosses), economic victory (have "x" gold, players vote)

• To pick your race:
    Select your race at the start the game!
    Human: (starting stats: 8 Str, 8 Agi, 8 Int)
    - Round-all race, armored infantry, strong casters, no air units, more diplomatic options

Orc: (starting stats: 9 Str, 8 Agi, 7 Int)
    - Units have higher health and damage, but cost more food. Better at conventional warfare. Upgrades make units level up faster (more experience in battle)

Undead: (starting stats: 8 Str, 7 Agi, 9 Int)
    - Weaker yet cheaper units, more options to harass players.

Elf: (starting stats: 7 Str, 9 Agi, 8 Int)
    - Units have less armor but are more mobile. Ideal for hit and run tactics. Significant advantages at night.

Dwarf: (starting stats: 9 Str, 7 Agi, 8 Int)
    - Units are more costly, but more hardy. More mechanical and siege units available.

Unit Counters:
    Different units will prove much more effective against their counters.
    It's like rock-paper-scissors-water-dynamite:

- Cavalry are good at rushing infantry, archers, and siege units
    - Polearm units impale cavalry units
    - Archers and towers can pick off polearm units, flying units and casters
    - Infantry with shields slaughter archers and are good fodder to siege base towers . . . if they can get close!
    - Casters generally counter infantry, but are better used as support.
    - Siege units demolish buildings and have no counters to their damage type, but are slow and vulnerable . . . usually
    - Air units are strong against most ground units, except archers or towers
    - Battleships demolish ground units, buildings and other ships
    - Frigates destroy air units

Example Starting Strategies:
    1) Start as a hunter, build a tent somewhere for a "lumber base", hire some Thugs from a tavern to harvest your lumber, go hunting for gold, build up from there.

2) Start as a fisherman, find a fisherman's guild for a shovel, go to the corner of the map somewhere, dig and fish for gold, sell accumulated riches, buy lumber, start a base.

3) Say sod building, talk to villagers, gain the "silver tongue" achievement, trade goods between markets for gold, gear up, go do dungeon quests to level up, kill armies with your hero.

• The current progress of the map is as follows:

Dungeons: 100%
    Lore: 99%
    Races: 100%
    Terrain: 100%

Systems: 98%
    Tutorial: 100%
    Unit Data: 100%

To Do:
    - Introduction and ending cinematics
    - Add info on elites and bosses

Deadline for next update:
    Pending

• Map Release: August 25, 2017 (version 1.0)
    • Version 1.68: Conquest victory through controlling neutral towns now has a 4 minute timer so other players can react. Adjusted some spell mana costs. Corrected some in game messages. Moved around some lore objects to make them more visible (bottles, signs, graves, books, and spirits).
    • Version 1.69: Updated colour schemes for the lastest version of WC3. Made some minor terrain palette changes. Did prepwork for a major ocean/calamity event update.
    • Version 1.74: Increased player limit to 12. Adjusted zombie AI drastically. Fixed the multiboard and added a clock. Changed the UI to something more appropriate. Added a "-friend" game mode so all players can start off allied. Magic offhands can now be combined. Fixed bugs with game modes. Fixed a zombie problem. Fixed player numbers for dug up units. Fixed a problem with bosses and defeat.
    • Version 1.75: Pickaxes now deal double damage to structures and can mine ores from deposits. Axes now can chop trees. Fixed some text in quest dialogues. Added the Demon Invasion calamity. Added the Nature's Wrath miracle. Items can now stack in full inventories (does not apply to buying items), and right clicking stacks now split them equally. Computer players will now have different scripting and random start locations.
    • Version 1.76: Fixed a bug with despawning the Shrine of Chaos. Turtles no longer give bounty. Fixed a bug with the 3 moons key.
    • Version 1.79: Changes to lighting and map limits! Player limits will be reduced to 8 once again, and the file size will be maintained at below 8 MB. Changed the Cavalry Charge ability for some cavalry type units. Vaults now provide 6 food for the Hero techtree. Reduced experience scaling from crafting. Buffed Fenris. Touched up some terrain. Fixed some lighting. Tweaked again for backwards compatibility.
    • Version 1.80: Bug fixes for the dungeon entrances.
    • Version 1.82: Summoned unit and content update! Added a new mercenary camp in the south by the ruined village. Reverted lighting back to normal, for now. Buffed Tinker summons and removed the bomb ability. Increased tree health and regrowth rates. The backpack now has a toggle option to force summoned units to follow the Hero that summoned them. Changed the AI script completely for the Forces of Chaos. Removed animals that spawn in base locations. Adjusted the formulas for item market values to have a longer recovery time. Added inventory to Orc units. Fixed the "Green Thumb" perk. Added a Troll Hero to the Frost Gate mercenary camp. Limited Dry Docks to 2 and Naval Batteries to 5 per player. Fixed a graphical glitch with green stuff everywhere. Zombies now decay in sunlight during the day.
    • Version 1.84: Hotfixes to the blood moon event, Gnoll Poacher, and troll arena. Tweaked summons AI a bit and limited zombie populations. Added the "-give" command to give selected units to different player numbers.
    • Version 1.85: Skeletal pirates now roam and attack bases. Worn Chain and Bandit Leather can now be used for crafting tier 2 armor. Buffed Nimble Gloves. Increased boss hit points while reducing some of their spell damage. New craftable accessory: Safeguard Amulet. Buffed tentacles. Fixed the item duping bug. Increased zeppelin cost. Increased Bloodmoon cost. Added the Naga, which becomes unlockable through a quest (hint: requires fishing). Added some reefs and shallow waters for possible aquatic bases.

• The custom models and icons in this map are not my own.
    A special thanks to the following people for making some awesome models and icons, or otherwise helping me in the making of this map:

- Special Thanks -
    monkeyboy15, for testing my map
    TC_Firestar, for the shoulderpads
    steamgirl.arisu, for the loading screen
    ShadeGabriel and Sifonseal, for the inspiration
    Insanity_AI, for his spreadsheet

- Coding Help -
    Maker, Laercio, ColdBone, NFWar, Paladon, Svetli, Spinnaker, Fruit Forest, Bribe

- Models and Icons-
    Sin'dorei300, Sunchips, Blood Raven, AndrewOverload519, Wandering Soul, skrab, Ket, communist_orc, Illidan(Evil)X, HerrDave, Minimage, Ergius, CRAZYRUSSIAN, HappyTauren, graystuff111, Mythic, LoDown, !!GORO!!, Stanakin, Ujimasa Hojo, Kitabatake, Muoteck, JollyD, Eagle XI, Mr.Goblin, Elenai, Direfury, Tranquil, General Frank, -Grendel, epsilon, Tenebrae, Kuhneghetz, Laercio, CoLd Bon3, KILLCIDE, Em!, ~Nightmare, San, inhuman89, Mr. Bob, Deolrin, darkdeathknight, Lockheart, The Weird Human, stan0033, 00110000, Chriz, Uncle Fester and Blizzard Entertainment

• Previews:
    See below for samples of gameplay, terrain, and features!

Northrend Bound v1.85 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Avoid playing music through the sound channel. Use the other Play Music trigger. And stop playing it every time the day/night starts or does it just play from time to time? Why fade to black and out when night/rain comes? Did you credit the original...
  1. fish fish fish fish

fish fish fish fish

Resources:
    Resources:
    More stupid thoughts:

-Clicking "cook meat" 1250 times takes a while and might induce carpal tunnel syndrome. Maybe make the ability auto-cast or create a bakery?
    -Meat is cheap up north, cooked meat is worth more in the same area. Makes sense.
    -Whenever something seems broken, campfires are always involved.
    -Trading has probably become the worst job, if someone else is doing it, you're screwed.
    -In the next update, will prices go up if the item hasn't been sold recently?
    -Units entering buildings to build become hidden if the area can't be built on. Can't remember exactly how.
    -Are you planning on adding more animals, like cows?
    -How do you create animals and seeds from a barn?
    -I have never seen anyone use landmines, sappers, potions and bombs.
    -To add unit items, what about giving the unit items on creation if you have the required resources and researches?
    -If you are implementing a dynasty system, will levels reset? Can heroes still be revived?
    -Is repair costing resources intentional?
    -Tier four+ items? More uniques?
    -More wall upgrades? Or make them take less space?

To make winning easier, races could have a "racial" like humans but more powerful.
    Human: For 100k, take all cities under neutral control.
    Orc: Special thing, become blood/fel/red orcs.
    Undead: Acolytes can summon owned buildings on the map.
    Nightelf: Special building, target area starfall.
    Dwarf: Special building, can make tunnels, functions as gateway.
    Bandits: ???, gain all profit from regional prices.

For town conquering, i have an idea:
    -The north and the east city have gates that close themselves when attacked.
    -Once a structure belonging to a town is attacked, units are sent out to protect.
    -After the gate is destroyed towers become vulnerable and villagers run to a building to become milita.
    -When all towers are destroyed, the townhall becomes vulnerable.
    -The player to last hit the townhall claims a destroyed townhall.
    -Townhall has to be rebuilt to function again.

-Building on islands is a great way to protect your stuff,
    -It is possible to fish in the ocean.
    -A ship at a time can fit inside the main river.
    -Ranged units can shoot units in the dungeons.
    -Wark is planning on adding more things to the ocean.

No one knows this, but there is a city in the ocean.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  2. Wark

Wark

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I do think market adjustments are required at this point. I think I will both adjust the rates, and increase the gold return for all goods that become "high in demand."
    I may even add some way to keep track of what trade goods are in demand, or add an event for such.

The biggest thing I am working on is overhauling the map's layout. As @LordVandor1 mentioned, I also feel the rivers are a little too narrow, and some pathways are a little too cramped. My hopes also is that it may fix the AI's crash problem if I reduce doodads in some locations.
    As for neutral challenges, for the next version, try type "-wildhunt" or "-hardmode" or both ;)

@Kobrawow I noticed that problem with the deed and contract and have it fixed for the next update. Thank you. The AI always seems to do that once they are fully built up, so I came up with an idea to prevent them from ever fully building up.

And finally,
    This is the kind of thing that is also taking a lot of time. I am completely changing how each race will work.
    • Undead, for example, will have the option to heavily rely on necromancers for "food" with a certain techtree.
    • Humans, so far, can choose between magic or technology.
    I like idea of "ultimate" buildings, and think I'll incorporate that into the techtree building system I'm working on.
    I too have always wanted some way to allow dwarves to "tunnel". I think I may have found a way to do that with a rally point or ground target ability.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  3. LordVandor1

LordVandor1

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi @Wark ! Just wanted to let you know, that I'm so hyped for this map that I'm actually checking EVERYDAY for updates.
    So thank you again for your work :3

4. Wark

Wark

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @LordVandor1 Thank you for the enthusiasm! The update will come when it's finished. I am almost done with the terrain changes, and still have a lot of work to do with the techtrees, units, and heroes. I have a list of upcoming changes in the changelog, v1.51.

EDIT:
    To stave off anticipation, I'll push to get everything done by the New Year. I got some family stuff to do between now and then.

Double EDIT:
    After extensive testing, bandit AI does not cause a crash when there is only 1 bandit. I still do not know why or how more than 1 bandit causes the random crash. I am going to try testing bandit AI being set as enemies to each other, and see how that goes.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  5. LordVandor1

LordVandor1

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm gonna try Wildhunt and Hardmode whilst having two bandit factions. It's gonna be amazing I think.

6. Wark

Wark

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    New update's out for the holidays with a large number of changes and additions!
    @LordVandor1 helped out with checking the AI, which appears to be not crashing anymore.
    Details of v1.51 in the changelog.

7. Ardenaso

Ardenaso

Resources:
    Resources:
    As a bandit when I conquered a town, the townsfolk suddenly becomes allied (but it becomes normal again when I spoke to the a random villager); Also, the paladin mayor isn't willing to attack villagers but his smite can kill them. May I suggest towns conquered by bandits not spawn soldiers and guards? (The other soldiers can still come) and I think the sheriff in orc village should be a troll or an orc.

8. Wark

Wark

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Ardenaso
    I agree to changing the Orc Town "generic sheriff" to something else. The becoming neutral part was to stop players above "hated" status from continuing to pummel guards or villagers, so I forgot a check for bandit or hated players.

I thought about stopping town guards from spawning, but with how the respawn triggers are set up, that is difficult to do. I kind of like the idea of guards rebelling against "hated" players, though.
    Thanks for pointing out the target flaws on Smite. It's probably the same for a couple other Mayor units.

What do you think, though? Is being "unwilling to target" villagers a good idea?
    Do you think market control will play a large role in multiplayer?
    Is the income gain from vassal states reasonable?

EDIT:
    I am also thinking about making a victory condition to control all towns to win, like conquest, but not by killing enemy players. Would that be a good idea?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  9. Ardenaso

Ardenaso

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmm I haven't tried market and vassal yet but I'm sure mayors unwilling to attack villagers makes sense. I think having to take all the towns would be tedious and take too long to win.

10. LordVandor1

LordVandor1

Resources:
    Resources:
  11. OfficiallyAsian

OfficiallyAsian

Resources:
    Resources:
    Reminds me of FOTN, it's been a favorite map of mine. I tried this one, and it was amazing

12. The Noobest

The Noobest

Resources:
    Resources:
    The Zealous ability in agility armors doesn't seem to work the last time I check.

13. Nyantothep

Nyantothep

Resources:
    Resources:
    i also got no mana after using skill but when i use boots or headdress from stag, it's mana become full xD. Of course after using some skill

14. Wark

Wark

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @The Noobest just did a check, and the Zealous ability does indeed work as intended. It gives you a set amount of mana equal to (Agility + Intel) / 2.
    For example, Shockwave on the spear with 10 Agility and 8 Intel:
    - Costs 23 mana, I have 130 mana. I use Shockwave, I have 116 mana left. (10 + 8) / 2 = 9. 130 - 23 + 9 = 116.

EDIT:
    Updated a few things and did some bug fixes.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  15. Ardenaso

Ardenaso

Resources:
    Resources:
    May I suggest an Iron Ore around bottom right?

16. Wark

Wark

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I was thinking about an iron deposit on one of the islands, actually.
    That will come with the dawn of piracy and random ships roaming the seas.

Also, what do you think about captured towns increasing your food cap?

17. Ardenaso

Ardenaso

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmm I guess it's unnecessary. Also, the fishing boat doesn't automatically fish in this patch. And Human going founder doesn't disable Hide Outs. And Orc hero has Sanction. May I also suggest putting town guards into your control when you capture a town (and probably stop spawning soldiers).

18. Wark

Wark

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Going founder doesn't disable the bandit techtree, yea. Although, disabling it sort of makes sense because it emphasizes base building.
    Again, giving town guards to a player doesn't work because of how they function. However, they do a pretty good job at defending if you keep reputation up.
    I like the function of how they rebel against you if you try to capture another town. It makes victory through controlling all towns a challenge, requiring massive armies.
    I messed up a timer, so fishing isn't working in this patch.

Good news though: I got my piracy stuff coming out really soon. (where I'll have that timer fixed again)
    It's going to be about doing a lot more stuff at sea and giving purpose to piracy.

EDIT:
    For the next update, I am thinking about changing things up. I want to add some kind of "Adventurer" techtree from the tent, similar to when you choose going either Racial or Bandit.
    The Adventurer techtree will have little to no military or economy, but will give you access to more hero "archetypes" while gaining more experience. It will also be quest based.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  19. Ardenaso

Ardenaso

Resources:
    Resources:
    I see; the problem with crash has returned when I paid Bandit Teal a visit. I'm looking forward for pirates in the bandit techtree.

20. Ardenaso

Ardenaso

Resources:
    Resources:
    I found a bug where I do not get the bandit techtree when I built a hideout (maybe because I was despised beforehand?) and also, the model barrow den is kind of out of place, I think use the actual barrow model for it and then the tall night elf fishing village with crest for the inn; and did you remove the custom dwarven building models?