• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Miscellanous / Other] Northrend Bound: v1.84 Open Source

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Wow, quite an overwhelming map. You tried to make it noob friendly, but it's not noob friendly enough, lol. The middle bottom town that you use a boat to go to an island, it took me a good 10 minutes looking for the obelisk to finally figure out the ship thing.

Maybe add a portal service in each town? You pay the mage a few gold to port to another city. This might mess up the trading and not make it like you want it I suppose, but it takes a while to run from north to south selling meat and hide.

I can't really rate it as I was overwhelmed from the start and just stopped like 20 minutes in, lol.

Level 13
@Marcell Yes, it is highly complex, but that's the charm. I tried my best with tutorials and help functions.
I didn't want to make a simple game with simple objectives. The best I can suggest is playing it in single player at the start. Strategies vary greatly, as do your choices. The thing to know: I am still balancing things, and want to make it so you can literally play however you like and still be equal to other players in strength - relatively, in multiplayer.
Obviously, different races, hero builds and techtrees will have their strengths and weaknesses. That just comes with your preferred play style.

For traveling, I do suggest you check out the Taverns for Scrolls to Town Portal. They've got a long cooldown, restock time, and cost a bit, but there's 1 in each tavern. It's mostly for early game.
You can use your own buildings as a beacon for those. Or, if you get your leader to level 10 with a staff, it has the same effect.
Zeppelins are also a very viable option to get around, from the Goblin Laboratories. Ships (like fishing boats) are another cheap early or late game option. Lots of options!

Last edited:
Level 2
I want to take this map and change it a bit, based on my experience from hosting pub games this holiday season (eg remove flying units, try to add a calamity) :)

How do I go about copyright? Should I give it a totally different name?

Level 13
Well, it's open source, so I don't have any copyrights.
Just make sure you give credit since it did take over a year to develop.
I made it open source so people can see how I did it, or modify it to be backwards compatible for older WC3 versions.

I also plan to develop it further in the future, so your version may not be the same as the original versions.
I may make game modes that remove flying units, for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.