• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

noob question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
well... i have a skill that i want it to have some casting time, it is triggered... but if i add the spell the casting time i have a problem... i cant stop it... unless i press "stop" or "hold position"

in the trigger i have a wait (just 2 seconds) but i dont pause the unit

basically i want something to happen while the skill is being casted... but i want it to stop if the unit moves or gets stunned...

is it a problem with the skill my skill is based from?

should i change it to a channeling one?

i already tried with stand,channel thing in object editor with no results

any idea?

Level 11
but... the problem is... that i want it to channel the ability... while the unit is channeling something happens (that is ok) but... if i add the casting time the unit still casts the ability even if i try to move it (it doesnt move nor stops casting) only if i press "stop" it stops the casting ... but if i dont... even if i move the unit the ability does its damage...

why could this happen?

EDIT:
well... even i tried a lot... finally i had to change the whole ability for a new one based on "channel"...

now... i have this problem

why this trigger is not working?

• Events
    • Unit - A unit Stops casting an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Blood Flower Scissors ( NEW )
  • Actions
    • For each (Integer XXX) from 1 to 5, do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the chest of Flower[XXX] using Units\Undead\Abomination\AbominationExplosion.mdl
        • Wait 0.50 seconds
        • Unit - Kill Flower[XXX]
        • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
this doesnt kill the unit neither shows the special effect

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 7
OK i think this should work
if you can tell me what kind of ability you are trying to do.. like is the attachment attached on the casted unit or casting unit.. stuff like that..
  • ABILITY
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to ABILITY
    • Actions
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the chest of (Casting unit) using ATTACHMENT
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Wait 0.30 game-time seconds
      • Unit - Kill (Casting unit)

Level 11
even i already tried with finishes casting (it didnt work)... i want it to happen if the unit is interrupted or stops casting the ability... so the effect of the abomination dying will happen only if the skills casting is not finished... if it is finished ... something else happens

but ill try with your wait and your order

Level 11
well actually... what i discovered is this... the trigger runs... coz the units dies (i know because i gave them food cost to prove this) after this instead of attaching it to unit i made it on point... and it happened... but not were i wanted it to... as the units i create are flying (with the animation - change unit flying height to x at xx thingy) the special effects are created on the ground :(

guess i wont get the effect i want...

actually what i want is the unit to explode and spread a lot of blood when die... but well... ill try something more... if anybody has an idea... i would like to hear ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.