• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Non-Request Related and yet Bladetitan Related Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hello Dragonson I made a test here but it's unfinished cuz the white background can you show to how make it transparent?

186652-albums3323-picture33271.png

Level 27
You're using paint? :S
Well... I have to say, i really reccomend finding a freeware image editing program.
There's a free one that should be pretty good.
Called "the gimp" or something.

'cuz i really don't think i will be able to help you much if you're using paint. :S

Level 9
Dragonson, there is something I have been thinking about.
Currently your thread lacks rules and thus results in a very long waiting list.
I know it is up to you, but I suggest adding a few rules. I suggest rules something along the lines with this:

• You must have atleast 25 rep
• You must have been a member of hive workshop for atleast 5 months

This is just my opinion, but if you spend time making a signature to someone you would want it to be shown (atleast I would want it to be shown). Its more likely to happen if its a signature to a active hive member rather then a brand new user.

That's my two cents.

Level 27
Something similiar HAS been on my mind. :)
Though i'm not sure i'l actually do it.

I started out wanting to help all the people that couldn't make themselves an awesome sig out.
So i think i'l keep doing that. :)

I have though just made a rule that prevents me from making sigs for people that aren't there.
Check up on the thread to find out.

Level 14
Most people don't give out +Rep very often if something doesn't apply directly to them. Most of the people with 25 rep or higher can make their own Signatures, as they are the ones with experience skinning/modeling/"icon-ing", etc. I have a total of 8 REP and I've been around for a while. I help whenever I can, but most of the time somebody else already answered a persons question/questions. I check the World Editor Help Zone several times a day, and answer as many questions as I can. If you stop making signatures/avatars for everyone, rather than a select group (ex. as specified by Zspider) you will rarely ever get a request.

Sorry for the speech. No offense intented and I apologize if I have offended anyone.

Dragonson, I like your idea. :cool:
The program mentioned is called Gimp, the latest version is 2.6, and visit the following link for the download.

http://www.gimp.org/http://www.gimp.org/

Level 27
No problem with the speech. :)
You weren't rude in any way, you were just stating your opinion.
That's neither against Bladetitan nor Hive rules.

I will though say, on the account of Rep, that there's quite alot of people with +25 rep that can't make themselves a really cool siggy.
You'd be surprised. :p

Also, i pretty much got all my rep up until my two first greens simply by hanging around, RPing and helping people with ideas for their maps and such.
Infact, if you do not have any particular skills such as terraning or iconmaking, then Activity = Rep.

Level 27
Well, we kinda' allready have a logo, and Midnighters' working on one for the Social group.
But it is a nice one you've made. :)
Practice abit and you might be able to join.

I am though not sure how to convert to PNG without photoshop.
You might wanna try and find a "PNG Converter" on google.

Status
Not open for further replies.