• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

NightElfDeathKnight_by67chrome.blp

BannerNightElfDeathKnight.jpg
NightElfDeathKnightcopy.jpg
Screenshots[td]Concept[/td] [td][/td]

Noticed this was a relatively popular model to skin so I figured I'd do a skin for it as well. Based primarily off the death knight quest reward armor from WoW. Everything is freehand except the hair and the ear, along with the team color on the hair.

To get the alpha channels to work correctly (they will make the spaces between the axes on the back disappear as well as part of the helmet covering the face) you must set the vertex coloring to 1% with triggers. To access this trigger, it is under Animation --> Change Unit Vertex Coloring. Reviving the unit will reset the alpha channels, and the alpha channels have reset within the first few seconds of game play on me before as well, so make sure whatever condition you use can compensate for the function of this skin. If you need help with triggers visit the tutorials section.

special thanks to AR for helping me with the vertex coloring.

updated:
added more highlights, fixed minor issues.

Updated:
Changed face to work with alpha channels, updated screenshot

Update:
Changed screenshot preview/moved screenshot to skin description
Added by67chrome suffix to skin name
Added 67chrome signature to skin
Added concept screenshot

Keywords:
Warden, Iron, Rave, Death, Knight, Watcher, Sentinel, Female, Hero, Badass, 67chrome
Contents

NightElfDeathKnight_by67chrome.blp (Texture)

Reviews
23:20, 2nd Apr 2009 THE_END: Now that's the kinda highlights I'm talkin' bout Nice work sir
Level 7
!

nice I like it but the icon needs more work because its to dark (best to use some kind of light blue on it) skin is 5/5 icon 4,7/5

PS maybe its just me , maybe the icon is ok

Last edited:
Level 38
i'm unsure what you're talking about when mentioning the alpha channels working correctly...when i change the vertex coloring to 1% she's totally black. did you mean 100%????

Oh, in the "change unit vertex coloring" it will show something like (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency. The first three values should be left unchanged as they represent the amount of red, green, and blue that is displayed in the skin. Changing these basically does the same thing as adjusting the color tinting in the unit object editor. So yes, setting these to 1% will mean that the amount color showing through is 1%, so that is why your death knight showed up black :(

What you need to do is only set the last value, were it says 0.00% transparency to 1.00% transparency :)

Thanks for everyone sharing your comments on this skin, and thanks for downloading it as well :D

Level 13
ok, i'll give that a try, i guess it makes her face look better eh? idk if a warden skin will make it into the map i am currently developing but yours might...there are like 3 skins that i like for the warden and tbh, i don't want to use the same one from my tag map because that one is special, it being a holy warden. i'm going to use an evil warden so that leaves the valkyrie warden and this warden here. i actually like the valkyrie warden a lot so if this concept here could be done as a separate model that would be pretty awesome. another thing to consider is are there any war3 unit sound sets that would give this skin justice...idk that there are any.

Level 3
Just crazy awesome. The color, texture, detail just makes this skin look awesome. I

love the cloaks silver linings. 5/5 Nothing can beat this Warden skin. :D

Level 13
so do only the wings change when you set it to 1 percent transparency? if there are other changes they aren't noticeable for me. thought you said something about the hair and helmet but i only see wing change. anyway this is pretty interesting, it's definitely very good as an evil warden skin...but ultimately i'd like to see this turn into a model.

if that happens, i'd like for her to get a new weapon, like maybe that axe or whatever...and giving her a steed would be cool, like a boney one that arthas/death knight has...also using some of the purple color would be good, since that's a death knight color. idk what kindof steed exactly if arthas has boney horse then i guess warden could use a boney tiger or maybe a boney moose, moose is what furion rides sometimes, right?

Level 3
Nice Work

Wow Very Nice, I used to play WoW alot and this really brings back some memories, Hope to see more work of this quality from you

Level 1
this is f*cking gooooood!!!! i liky :D -- im making a dota-like game and i will send it to internet maybe it will be popular like dota.. whatever can i use your nightelf dk skin???