• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Night Elf Blademaster/Wardenguard Swordmaster (AoW)

This is a Night elf Blademaster/Wardenguard Swordmaster that we are going to use in our project.
Follow our progress here.

Co-Creator deme3s
For more info contact me.

tools that was used to make these models:
Retera's Model Studio
Photoshop
CASC Explorer
MdlVis 1.41
Jm2converter

Original Model from Blizzard.

If you want to edit the model contact me
If you use it credit us.
Stay Tuned!
Previews
Contents

Night Elf Blademaster (Icon)

Night Elf Blademaster (AoW) (Model)

Night Elf Blademaster portrait (AoW) (Model)

Wardenguard Swordmaster Icon (Icon)

Wardenguard Swordmaster (AoW) (Model)

Wardenguard_portrait (Model)

Night Elf Blademaster without Flag (Model)

Night Elf Blademaster without flag portrait (Model)

Reviews
Barorque
Approved, as stated before models are great. Now the small issues are fixed, as well as optional improvements addressed, great job!
Level 4
They look good, but i have a usully critisism about blade masters, don't get me wrong, but the should base of the blade masters with a sword rather then grommash that causes them to only swing with one hand which doesn't look optimal. The sword size is debateable, it doesn't have to be samuro's or the melee BM's sword size but it should be close to the size of the sword of the blackrock BM.

Level 23
They look good, but i have a usully critisism about blade masters, don't get me wrong, but the should base of the blade masters with a sword rather then grommash that causes them to only swing with one hand which doesn't look optimal. The sword size is debateable, it doesn't have to be samuro's or the melee BM's sword size but it should be close to the size of the sword of the blackrock BM.
That's how we envisioned him and created him. But if you want to have for your map a different weapon holding style BM, you can always send me a personal message and point out what you want and make it. Now for this BM I will also create the 2h version.🙂

Thanks!

Last edited:
Awesome model for both variants! Very good use of WoW armor pieces, I'm sure the community will have a lot of use for a Nightelf Blademaster and an elite Nightelf Warrior.
Animations, geoset choices and textures look generally great, especially the Normals and ORM for those WoW assets are done well, even in unmodded Reforged graphics without Quenching.

For approval you need to improve the following:
  • Reduce the image size of wardenguard_swordmaster_Head_Orm.dds and Nigh_Elf_Blademaster_Main_Orm.dds by half, so 512x1024 (this is not needed for the tiny WoW textures of armor, because of how small they are).

Optional improvement:
  • Camera of both portraits could be positioned slightly more down, so the character is in the middle.
  • Death sound is that of an orc, not critical at all, but you could copy the name from a male night elf and edit that in MDL (those are SND you're looking for).
  • You could have the same filename for that ...Head_Orm.dds and ...hair_diffuse.dds if someone wants to use both models in one map. Those textures are identical if I'm not wrong.

Level 23
Update 1
  • Redused the image size of wardenguard_swordmaster_Head_Orm.dds and Nigh_Elf_Blademaster_Main_Orm.dds to 512x1024 and mearge it in one file as Nigh_Elf_Blademaster-Wardenguard_head_Orm.dds
  • With Moonman's help the portraits are fixed.
  • Fixed the death sound, so now he can die as a night elf. 😅
  • I changed the name of the hair to Nigh_Elf_Blademaster-Wardenguard_hair_diffuse.dds , so that all of the models share it to reduse the mb cost.

Last edited:
Level 5
Awesome, currently making a battle for darkshore map and I wanna use this as a model for Jarod Shadowsong