• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Nightborne v1.05B

-wa666r-

NIGHTBORNE - SHAL'DOREi V1.05B
Created by Wa666r

nightarmor3-jpg.261509
Map Info:

An alternate melee in my series of maps involving lore races from the Warcraft universe. This addition allows the players to explore and play as the sophisticated race of Nightborne.

98133-99697bf9912df36667f70861761fbacf-jpg.261505
Features:

full

Animator

First Councilor

Advisor

Magistrix

animatorhero-jpg.261563
[box]
Mystical hero who roams the battlefield with his own creation, the Anomaly. Him and his creation constantly share power and obtain increased effectiveness with more power gained. Able to both deal intense damage and empower his allies, enemies, and above all, his Anomaly.
[/box]

full

fircouncilrhero-jpg.261565
[box]
Supporting hero excelling at healing and maintaining a fear-worthy force. The magically talented and agile First Councilor is capable of leading her army deep into enemy territory while managing to use her inventive spells push through heavy defenses while consistently providing her troops with the sustenance they require.
[/box]

full

advisorhero-jpg.261562
[box]
Song are sung about many heroes, but not many deserve such as the Advisor. He alone is known to grasp the battlefield tactics, and quickly adapt to the ever changing wars. As battle rages, and the Advisor studies his own strengths along with the enemies. Those enemies would be folly if they face the Advisor without proper counters; he charges in on his heavily armored steed without a trace of fear in his heart.
[/box]

full

magistrixhero-jpg.261564
[box]
Thousands of years spend honing the unforgiving art of arcane magic comes with a burdensome price; however the reward surpasses the price substantially. The Magistrix has trained herself to cast powerful spells to devastate whole battlefields, killing hundreds of foes who dare face her. None may also escape her power as she mysteriously always maintains vigilance over the battlefield.
[/box]

full

Play as a new race, and behold the tactics and abilities to utilize their various strategies to bring the fight to the enemy.

- a list of new items reflecting the Nightborne.

- Custom units with their own special abilities and tactics.

advisor-intention-jpg.261506
How to Play:

TO PLAY AS THE NIGHTBORNE, CHOOSE NIGHT ELVES WHEN CHOOSING YOUR RACE.

UPDATE:

- REVAMPED BUILDING DEFENSE
- REVAMPED ACCOMPLICE ABILITIES
- MASSIVE AMOUNT OF NEW SPECIAL EFFECTS
- UPDATED STABILITY AND CODE
- NEW MODELS
- REMOVED CALIBRATOR
- REVAMPED ITEMS
- ADDED NEW UI FOR WIDESCREEN MODE
- So much more.

OTHER FACTIONS

revelation-jpg.261514

Screenshots/Info:

Image Description:
---

nightborneunits-png.261568

Image Description:
---

nightbornebuildings-png.261567

Change Log:

Released

-tooltip fixes

- NEW UNIT: THEORETICIAN
- NEW UNIT: SURAMAR CHAPERON
- NEW ITEM: NIGHT CRYSTAL
- Revamped Arcwine
- Revamped Orb of Discovery
- Tooltip fixes
- NEW UPGRADES for new units

- NEW USER INTERFACE AND CURSOR

- VASTLY UPDATED USER INTERFACE

- REVAMPED BUILDING DEFENSE
- REVAMPED ACCOMPLICE ABILITIES
- MASSIVE AMOUNT OF NEW SPECIAL EFFECTS
- UPDATED STABILITY AND CODE
- NEW MODELS
- REMOVED CALIBRATOR
- REVAMPED ITEMS
- ADDED NEW UI FOR WIDESCREEN MODE
- So much more.
- Forgot to disable a testing trigger. fixed.

Credits:
Blizzard Entertainment
Cavman
Wandering Soul
Shiv
skrab
AndrewOverload519
Tranquil
Mechanical Man
Ergius
takakenji
Ket
paladinjst
Callahan
SamuraiPanda
Frankster
Sellenisko
Hayate
Wandering Soul
GreyArchon
(If I missed any just tell me, notify me)

[TD] [/TD]
Contents

Nightborne v1.04 (Map)

Nightborne v1.05C (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Magic Sanction-heals buidlings but the worker already has the Repair ability. The Violet Glaive icon (after being researched) still looks like a DISBTN instead of a PASBTN. 300% regeneration rate for nearby units as a passive aura? Do the nightborne...

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Nice and well made race! Units, heroes, structures all the techtrees are well made! Enjoyable a lot! 5/5

Level 2
like always yours races are awesome,what next? Burning Legion race,Pandaren Race (That would be awesome),etc.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68

Magic Sanction-heals buidlings but the worker already has the Repair ability.
The Violet Glaive icon (after being researched) still looks like a DISBTN instead of a PASBTN.
300% regeneration rate for nearby units as a passive aura? Do the nightborne regenerate faster at night? This might be a bit overpowered.
Crystalline Spire's model is a bit weird since it looks like it has towers but it does not have any attack.
Warp In should have the "to be cast on an unit" in the description.
100% dodge for Dimensional Distort is kind of too much.
Timelock almost already disables one unit; if nearby ones should be affected too, at least decrease the duration of the spell.
Many items in the Discover Core are similar to those from the original game but have different names and icons.
What exactly is Night Image's Arcanestrike? (explicit description)
Spellblade has two spells that remove buffs. Astromancer also has a spell that does the same...
Astromancer has healing, some heroes have healing, Conspirator has healing, the crystals heal. I think it's too much healing overall. Wait... the units are losing HP, maybe that's why. Only the ground units seem to lose HP if not under the Night Crystal's aura effect. The workers don't suffer from this.
Why do the Night Crystals have mana, what for?
Do Prolong and Timelock stack the slow rate?
Eyes of the Meadows is similar to Astral Calling.
Undefeated is basically Avatar.
Eternity Blade can be cast on flying units even though it is not a ranged spell.
The idle worker icon is that of the Gather icon instead of the icon of the unit.
The building and resource gathering system is that of the human. Would've been interesting to have it somewhat different.

All in all, some balance work and it's pretty much well made.

You could add some custom sound sets if you can find any.

Approved.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

A credits list is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated.

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!

Level 24

Magic Sanction-heals buidlings but the worker already has the Repair ability.
The Violet Glaive icon (after being researched) still looks like a DISBTN instead of a PASBTN.
300% regeneration rate for nearby units as a passive aura? Do the nightborne regenerate faster at night? This might be a bit overpowered.
Crystalline Spire's model is a bit weird since it looks like it has towers but it does not have any attack.
Warp In should have the "to be cast on an unit" in the description.
100% dodge for Dimensional Distort is kind of too much.
Timelock almost already disables one unit; if nearby ones should be affected too, at least decrease the duration of the spell.
Many items in the Discover Core are similar to those from the original game but have different names and icons.
What exactly is Night Image's Arcanestrike? (explicit description)
Spellblade has two spells that remove buffs. Astromancer also has a spell that does the same...
Astromancer has healing, some heroes have healing, Conspirator has healing, the crystals heal. I think it's too much healing overall. Wait... the units are losing HP, maybe that's why. Only the ground units seem to lose HP if not under the Night Crystal's aura effect. The workers don't suffer from this.
Why do the Night Crystals have mana, what for?
Do Prolong and Timelock stack the slow rate?
Eyes of the Meadows is similar to Astral Calling.
Undefeated is basically Avatar.
Eternity Blade can be cast on flying units even though it is not a ranged spell.
The idle worker icon is that of the Gather icon instead of the icon of the unit.
The building and resource gathering system is that of the human. Would've been interesting to have it somewhat different.

All in all, some balance work and it's pretty much well made.

You could add some custom sound sets if you can find any.

Magic Sanction is meant to also restore the buildings' health, I wanted the faction to have a powerful base defense even when resources for repairs run low.

The Violet Glaive ability remains in disabled mode due to the game itself. I could not find a way around it without causing frequent game crashes.

300% life regeneration because the Nightborne suffer from negated life regeneration, and low hit points, thus they must return often to quickly heal up.

The Crystalline Spire building is not of my design, as for the towers not attacking look at the vanilla Castles from the Human faction.

I'll add the Warp In description on an update.

The 100% dodge chance is short term as it drains mana exceedingly fast. Perhaps it requires even more mana drain.

Timelock could cost more mana.

The items could use some more unique aspects.

Night Images' Arcanestrike causes an area damage spell on the unit its cast on. Night Image casts Arcanestrike -> causes triggers to summon a dummy -> dummy casts the actual area of effect spell.

Each faction has at least two ways of removing spells (Purge, Disenchant; Spell Steal, Dispel Magic; Anti-Magic Shell, Devour Magic; Abolish Magic, Detonate)
Spellblades are meant to chase down and destroy magic users. The passive only works on positive buffs, and their other ability works offensively or for allies.

All the healing is required to counter the constant life drain.

The workers should suffer from the life drain. I'll add that in.

All the buildings have mana because it works as their initial defense. Whenever a building has mana, it launches damaging projectiles at enemy units. Mana is gained through Magic Sanction from the workers.
Perhaps its my fault for not describing it thoroughly.

Eyes of the Meadows and Astral Calling are similar. The player might not always want to chose the First Councilor as hero. I wanted the Nightborne to remain extremely vigilant because of their fragile units and extremely powerful bases.

Undefeated is like avatar, but I believe that spreading the Advisor's Intention buff to surrounding friendly units makes it unique enough.

Eternity Blade doesn't specify that it cant be cast on air units. It's meant to be able to be cast on air units.

Idle worker icon is a game limit. If I were to change it, then the original human race would also have the changed icon.

- [The building and resource gathering system is that of the human. Would've been interesting to have it somewhat different.]

True. My own skills and ideas for that are not that great for that.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
The Violet Glaive ability remains in disabled mode due to the game itself. I could not find a way around it without causing frequent game crashes.
I was referring to the icon's look. Try this program and create a new PASBTN that doesn't look like a DIBTN: Button Manager v1.8.2
Each faction has at least two ways of removing spells
Might be the case but not have one unit with two spells with the same theme/use. Could be just me, though.
The workers should suffer from the life drain. I'll add that in.
That forces the building of a Night Crystal from the start :D what about rush strategies in some maps?
Undefeated is like avatar, but I believe that spreading the Advisor's Intention buff to surrounding friendly units makes it unique enough.
Yes, it was just a remark. Does it also have magic immunity? Might take that off or something, if you think it would be a good idea, of course.

Level 24
I was referring to the icon's look. Try this program and create a new PASBTN that doesn't look like a DIBTN: Button Manager v1.8.2

Yes, I was referring to that too. The game itself for some reason refuses to use the PASBTN and ops for the DISBTN icon.

Rush strategy could be building Night Crystals near an enemy base then using Magic Sanction to constantly energize the Night Crystals to damage enemy units nearby.

The Magic Immunity on Undefeated also seems to be impossible to remove. Despite what the object editor does.

Level 15
Was really pleasantly surprised when I saw this map. Tried it. Here are my thoughts about it. First, you need to find someone to re-skin all these units from purple to black. Second, while there are some pretty decent ideas, overall race was pretty "meh". Really liked units from first building (that glaive girl has pretty similar model with that girl that has 100% evasion spell, you should change it), but after that... You were a bit lazy, from the lore standpoint. There are too many casters and caster-like units. You raped lore with those flyers. I don't know. I just didn't like them.

Level 24
Was really pleasantly surprised when I saw this map. Tried it. Here are my thoughts about it. First, you need to find someone to re-skin all these units from purple to black. Second, while there are some pretty decent ideas, overall race was pretty "meh". Really liked units from first building (that glaive girl has pretty similar model with that girl that has 100% evasion spell, you should change it), but after that... You were a bit lazy, from the lore standpoint. There are too many casters and caster-like units. You raped lore with those flyers. I don't know. I just didn't like them.

Well sorry you feel that way. Why would I retexture them black when they closely resemble night elven skin tone?
This faction ran into problems with models. There just aren't enough diverse ones to work off. Thus why those two are so similar in appearance.
From the lore standpoint, there was nothing to go off for the aerial units, so I decided to add my own spin on what it could possibly be.

Level 24
Actually they do have black/dark grey skin:
wow nightborne - Buscar con Google
Maybe you can use the drow models from the hearth of storms mod (it contains several spider themed units, like the ones from WoW) : /

I had already re-textured them to be grey and dull of color.
If you have useful models you're willing to share, then please let me know.

Level 1
Really loved the maps you've made. But try to put more than one custom races in a map. And here is some factions that I hoped you can make :
- Pandaren
- Goblin Cartel
- Dwarf (Khaz Modan)
- Burning Legion (Demons only)
- Naga (Plz remake it)
- Darkspear Tribe
- and Tauren
Hope you consider my suggestion :)

Level 1
Wonderful map, I enjoy the creativity of the map, and all the units feel synergetic. I'd prefer at least 'some' more autocast based abilities but as the army already feels pretty powerful I can't complain. However I did notice that when i play with my girlfriend she's unable to select it as well. Is it possible to make it for more than one player to be able to enjoy the greatness of the Nightborne or is it a 'single player' only experience? 5/5

Level 24
Wonderful map, I enjoy the creativity of the map, and all the units feel synergetic. I'd prefer at least 'some' more autocast based abilities but as the army already feels pretty powerful I can't complain. However I did notice that when i play with my girlfriend she's unable to select it as well. Is it possible to make it for more than one player to be able to enjoy the greatness of the Nightborne or is it a 'single player' only experience? 5/5
Hmmmmm you should be able to select it with more than one player. That is a strange issue that has not come up before. I'll look into it.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Autocasts are tough; unless you entirely code it yourself, you have to accept the limitations of the standard in-game Autocast abilities (using one of them as a base, since Channel can't be turned into an Autocast ability).

I got lucky with the Trolls (finding enough extra on the side), but it's tough to make race after race if you have to use the same tricks. :<

Level 24
Those tr
Autocasts are tough; unless you entirely code it yourself, you have to accept the limitations of the standard in-game Autocast abilities (using one of them as a base, since Channel can't be turned into an Autocast ability).

I got lucky with the Trolls (finding enough extra on the side), but it's tough to make race after race if you have to use the same tricks. :<
Those trolls gotta be released one of these days right? Been just a few years haha.

Level 1
Hi! Listen, I'm utterly new here so sorry for being annoying but how do you apply all of this to frozen throne? I'm a little confused...

Level 1
By the way Wa666r I love your work! I've used one of your custom campaigns before (a friend applied it though) keep it up!
Hi! Listen, I'm utterly new here so sorry for being annoying but how do you apply all of this to frozen throne? I'm a little confused...

Level 3
These all are Custom maps so you will most of the time find stuff not suiting to the lore.However,The Nightborne are the Night Elves who sought Magic and Mystic Powers.This resulted in the Summoning of The Burning Legion and the War of The Ancients.After that,The Nightborne were banished and the Night Elves took over.

Level 1
Oh I meant actually apply the map to make it playable hahaha sorry for making things unclear...Thanks for explaining that too though!

Level 1
Oh I meant actually apply the map to make it playable hahaha sorry for making things unclear...Thanks for explaining that too though!

Level 13
Wow, the new UI looks really stunning. But what does the B in v1.05B mean? And any plans for a new race or additional updates for existing ones?

Last edited:
Level 24
Wow, the new UI looks really stunning. But what does the B in v1.05B mean? And any plans for a new race or additional updates for existing ones?

Thanks. I'm still not happy with the UI, but I cant really do much myself about it. I plan on updating my factions and as for new races it depends on my mood and such. It takes a lot of effort to make a single faction.

The B doesnt really mean anything.

Level 3
How did you change the hair color of the dismounted huntress to white? I tried exporting/importing the DismountedHuntressNEW.mdx file into other maps (Even with the Envoy.blp file) and I just keep getting the uncolored model. Would reeeeally love to have hair that hair color with the model for my Highborne race.

Level 3
If anyone was interested, I did this by exporting both the DismountedHuntressNEW.mdx file and the Envoy.blp file from the Nightborne v1.05c map, and then importing both files to my own map. Once you have them, open the asset manager and change the path of "DismountedHuntressNEW.mdx" to "Envoy.mdx" ---So you should have Envoy.blp and Envoy.mdx in your asset manager! After that, make a new unit in the object editor and choose Envoy.mdx among the model files you've imported. And viola!! Hope this works for you guys.