• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Night of the Dead III.E

Night of the dead III.E

Based on works of FM_Osiris & FM_Bilouxi's beta

Survival game : Maximum of 10 players/marines trying to survive the slaughter through 15 waves of different zombies using anything they can find and skills they have.

Modes:
New player
Survival
Grunt run
Nightmare

Hero :
Marksman
Heavy support
Grunt
Firebat
Engineer
Demolition
Recon
Medic
Radio operator

Skills:
Most of the heros have critical srtike as one skill, they have 3 other skills each
and an action skill that has more skills per hero based on what type of hero you have picked

Items:
Items you need can be found all over the map

Terrain:
City look to it

Save/load for ranks and medals
Does not save the level of the hero

Hope you like what we have done to it

Keywords:
notd,night of the dead,notdiii,
Contents

Night of the Dead III.E (Map)

Reviews
20:04, 15th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 1
Well Shanghai , thx for the compliment :grin: , i made the tile set and the cliff face myself , all i did was edit a dalaran tile set and cliff face. Took quite a bit of work to get it all right and to make it look good. Tryed to add a touch of realisim to the map , by making it look more like a city. Hence the addition of painted roads and "stops" , directional arrows and parking lots.

Glad you liked it.:cute:

Level 1
Well Shanghai , thx for the compliment :grin: , i made the tile set and the cliff face myself , all i did was edit a dalaran tile set and cliff face. Took quite a bit of work to get it all right and to make it look good. Tryed to add a touch of realisim to the map , by making it look more like a city. Hence the addition of painted roads and "stops" , directional arrows and parking lots.

Glad you liked it.:cute:

Donno why u cant see the previous post , but here it is again.

Level 1
Great evolution from the first releases of this map (Notd II b1.0).

First I liked the new terrain tileset and bigger map and the few changes with some buildings.
I'm also glad all bugs were fixed.

I'm still crying Recon lost Designate skill! But otherwise, new heroes and skills are welcome.

I'm still looking to win the nightmare mode!

And thanks for removing the Evilz!

I believe that naming NotdIII instead of Notd II x.x was a must done. Notd II belongs to Order FM. Even if they allowed Clan NotD to keep on working on the map, you did so much changes (terrain, tileset, waves behaviour, heroes, creeps...) it must be differenciate from their work.
It remains a pure NotD map, as you kept the core idea of the map: hardcore survival marines vs zombies urban map, and a massive teamplay based gameplay. Most heroes are completly unique in their gameplay and must all work together to win the map.

Great work!

Level 1
Many changes from NotD II but its much better now.
Radio op is great, so much fun playing it.
Conning is harder now and usualy you dont find all stuff so it needs more work.
I miss MM carnister skill, it was funny :)

But best thing is NM mode. It gives so much fun and it reminds time when it was hard to get to w6 :). You enjoy getting to w8 same much as winning surv :)

Level 5
I was always working towards night of the dead III from when i first got the map so if you look at all the changes from night of the dead II 1.3 to now then of course it does warrant the name change.

Level 1
I'm Bored of people speaking about something they don't know about.

So OrderofPhoenix, or should I call you PsychicMaster, before coming to this thread telling such lies without any argument neither reading others arguments I'd rather you finish our own map.

Level 2
Is it less lagged comparing to III.C?
I mean, previous version was impossible to play with more than 6 players, and even with 6 or less it was like 10 FPS on waves 13-15.

Level 2
wow it's nice.
I mean new player mode ^^
we're playing it right now, seems to be completely lag-free on w7 with 5 ppl.
yet we have two minis, is that ok? ^^

I liked the intro and the tips very much, thank you.

Wow, seriously this map is awesome. I normally not like modern-warfare maps, but this one is sick. The gameplay is smooth and nice, and the terrain is good looking too. I like the idea with the road and the walls, but i think you can add more into the terrain to make it look even more real. Some footpath at the sides of the roads and other places that could be placed footpath on. Also, i personally think the idea with the houses is nice, but you could add some house-like thingy on the roof of the houses. As it is now, its a little hard to see the difference between high-level road and roof. Other than that, its a nice map and i think it have a really good potential. Just keep improving the map and it probably can get really popular.

Level 3
this map is BAD but fun/good/great to play with .

people from notd2 can load there codes. so wut the point of having a new rank when all the load code from a different map can load.

so is this notd 3 or notd 2 expansion set?

Level 5
most people from notd2 have high xp and do not want to restart the xp again
people have been playing notd2 for years
so why would we make a new save/load to start all players on 0 xp again and lose all the players that have a high xp from playing this game yes the save/load is the same but with more ranks we have players with 1m xp and its taken then years to get it

Level 6
It's clear that a lot of work went into the map. It seems overall well made.

Color codes on the most important words in game hints and in quests would make them easier to read/notice. You already use this technique on the load screen text.

It seems like due to widgetizer use, that Sprint instead has the name "Trueshot Aura", and Critical Strike instead has the name "Nature's Attendants". This isn't such a big deal for crits, but it's a major thing for newer players when you can't tell Sprint's hotkey from the tooltip. It could just be something odd with my WC3 settings (I have AutoWarKey installed, though I wasn't running it at the time), but I see it on maps that use the widgetizer without taking specific precautions against tooltip changes.

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

Exhibit C

There might be a few other abilities whose names have been swapped around as a result, too, but I haven't checked all the classes.

Also unless you want to make buildings hard to navigate, it may help to use the white tile terrain skin inside buildings to contrast the paths within them against the walls.

Level 5
in your exhibit B your abil are in the wrong places like your rank should be next to the actions abil so i guess its somthing to do with your setting or somthing as for the building we want it to be hard to find your way about

yes we have spent along time working on the map we tryed to make it as real as it can be without taking the gameplay away from it

Level 6
I did some digging and found that the issue is not only caused by an interaction with Warkeys and Widgetizer, but Widgetizer and any changes to customkeys.txt. It can be resolved with changing Widgetizer settings. Search the helper forums or wc3campaigns.net for "widgetizer" plus "tooltip" or "customkeys.txt" and you should find the threads you need. There are 64,052 downloads for the current version of Warkeys at the time of this writing and it's not the only program available for modifying customkeys.txt. That's a pretty large pool of potential players whose tooltips won't display properly.

Level 6
Information
Colors equal to rating:

Terrain - How good and fitting the terrain is.
Idea - Good idea, new idea
Units/Buildings - How balanced and well made the units/buildings are
Skins/Models - How good the skins/models are
Items - How good your coustom items are
Replayability - If you can play this many times without getting bored
Other - Everything else

Rating
Terrain - 9/10 - Nice, really fits the game
Idea - 4/10 - There's other games like this, not especially inventing
Units/Buildings - 8/10 - Many heroes to choose among
Skins/Models - 7/10 - Good, but nothing special
Items - 6/10 - Fits the game, but nothing special
Replayability - 10/10 - There's much to explore and new things to test, really hard to get bored
Other - 8/10 - I like save system and modes
Average - 7/10 - Nice work

Things I liked:
  • Replayability
  • Save system
  • Game modes
  • Many heroes
  • Terrain

Things I didn't like
  • Not really inventing
  • Not succeded as horror
  • The start takes lots of time

Notes
  • Add something special
  • Make it more scary

Vote for approval/rejection: Approval

Level 1
Pretty cool map but a bit hard hehe, i would like to have a guide or something cause' i played this map many times with my friends but we cant kill the 3rd fat :/. Anyway 5/5

Level 5
dude i don't want to be a bother but i was wondering if i can have the unprotected version for my map i don't want to edit yours and make it mine, i need it to try and making my own with some of the stuff you got there just the triggers i need for my map because yours is so awesome and to me my ma just seems like rubish and i really need that map to make my map just good as yours not better than yours just about the same level. Please im begging you, my email address is [email protected].