• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Nickba's ORPG v5.04b

---Nickba's ORPG Info---------------------------------------------------------
Systems:
• Single Player(In Local or Battle.net)
• Attribute System
• Multiboard(2 different multiboards,press ESC)
• Cool Hero Select System
• Damage System
- Which shows the amount of damage that is dealed
• Experience System
- Max level 120
• Inventory System
- Including Backpack
• Item Class System
• Item Ownege System
• Save/Load System
• Teleport System
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Attribute System
- After some damage that you deal gives 1 Agility
- After some damage dealt to you gives 1 Strength
- After every some mana used gives 1 Intelligence
Also all heroes have some chance to gain more attribute points
for their main Attribute.
To see progress press Esc to change to Hero Info multiboard.

Classes(10)
• Archer
• Assassin
• Blademaster
• Defender
• Fire Mage
• Footman
• Frost Mage
• Necromaster
• Paladin
• Priest

Spells
• Each Class has 11 spells

Extras
• The Arena
- A battleground where the Players can fight each other for glory!
• Dungeons
- Caves and other places where people work together
as a team to earn loot and money

Models:
Frankster
Tr!KzZ
Lord_T
R.A.N.G.I.T.
Norinrad
Dan van Ohllus
Matarael

Version 5.04
-Added some enchantments
-Added some new models
-Changed the terrain
-Fixed the Blademaster
-Fixed the Murloc Boss Drops

Version 5.03
-Removed the attribute bars
-Fixed the quests
-Added one quest
-Fixed the bugs with equipment system
-Fixed Old Shortsword
-Fixed the bug with Wind Walk skill
-Fixed the bug with the dungeon near Shadowz

Version 5.02
-Fixed the bug with TheOneNeo's Glave Quest
-New Item Ownership System
-New Item System that lets you pick up another class' items
-Changed the attribute points multiboard
-Fixed the attribute bars
-Changed the attribute system
-Share vision setted to default
-Fixed Defender's Endurance Skill

Visit our forum: Nickba.net

Post your suggestions and bugs here or at our forum!
I give Credit.
Thanks for playing my map and helping me to make it better.
Have fun!

THE MAP IS PROTECTED.

Keywords:
nickba,nickba's,orpg,rpg,single player rpg
Contents

Nickba's ORPG v5.04b (Map)

Reviews
12:09, 4th Oct 2008 VGsatomi: Approved. Good job implementing the single player mode. Has all the essentials that an ORPG needs. Wide variety in just about everything. Has a few rough edges, mainly in the text. The item durability system is a nice...
Level 3
After a long sleep, this project is now awake... glad to hear that.
Since i didn't have much time to play because of my work, I only played assassin class. Please fix some leaked triggers... When hitting Equipment "E" button it casts wind walk even though its hotkey is "Q"..

.............Waiting for NIckba II...............

Level 1
Enjoyed the map, I like the way the attribute system works. I played two characters to level 12.

I encountered a bug while entering the lower cave (next to the black Illidan model). My character (level 12 ranger) seems to move between the cave entrance and the dungeon almost instantly, and immediately after that the game experiences a huge slowdown and becomes unplayable.

I tried moving out of it using rally points/spamming, but it wasn't any use. Even typing "-repick" or "-save" did nothing. I'm guessing there's some kind of loop between moving from the entrance to the exit. Or maybe I wasn't supposed to be there = P

Level 3
Hi, I found some bugs:
The Murloc "boss" south east of YELLOAD drops "TheOnNeo's Glaive" which i guess he is not supposed to. The description of this glaive also says "Take this HEAD...", but its obviously a glaive and no head. Blademaster skill "Blade Strike" has no mana costs, don't know if that is intended. Blademasters skill "Slash" deals more than 2xStr, or does it mean 2xStr+Basic-damage? Bladestorm does 26 dmg (on bosses 19 it seems), but not 130 as written in the description, duration seems more like 7 or 8 seconds instead of 5.

Last edited:
Level 7
Hi, I found some bugs:
The Murloc "boss" south east of YELLOAD drops "TheOnNeo's Glaive" which i guess he is not supposed to. The description of this glaive also says "Take this HEAD...", but its obviously a glaive and no head. Blademaster skill "Blade Strike" has no mana costs, don't know if that is intended. Blademasters skill "Slash" deals more than 2xStr, or does it mean 2xStr+Basic-damage? Bladestorm does 26 dmg (on bosses 19 it seems), but not 130 as written in the description, duration seems more like 7 or 8 seconds instead of 5.

Thank you very much,I will fix them as soon as possible.

Level 1
Hello nickba's can u add boss reset's and make a little easy the stats i used a lot spells and very very hard the line from atribute stats rise add more items :) ,i hope u will add boss with resets that will make a perfect game and others bosses anyway gl on ur map and ty.

Level 3
I was wondering, some items dont have a price and thus are not sellable (e.g. Gnollskin cap or cloak), is it supposed to be that way? And for the item "Old Shortsword" there seems to be a mistake in the description, when this item is on the ground and you click on it it says "Dmg +10 Agi +3", but when you pick it up and you hover over the item, there it just says " Dmg +10", no agility bonus there, unfortunatly i couldnt verify which is true as my class couldnt equip the item. I also noticed that there is no weapon/armor vendor in the undead city anymore. I also think there should be some more quests (e.g. another quest after the "kill 20 gnolls" quest or 2 quests right at the start available).

@GIMLI 2: i know, the terrain could really need an improvement, e.g everything is flat, apart from some hills, and the grey standard texture just looks horrible.

Last edited:
So being the same is now being crappy? you cannot expect a fully original thing these days as there are so many games out there... especially with classes... there's lots of RPGs out there which has the same classes (which we call RPG Staples), so you would go at each of them and say they're crap?

Plus its the first I saw (at least in wc3) in which stats grow because of getting hit etc...

Level 3
I tryed a firemage and i found a bug. When you hover over the spellbook, it says at lvl 24 you learn "Flame Spawn", in fact you learn "Flame Shield". On lvl 30 then you learn "Flame Spawn", so i guess you learn every spell after Flame shield 6 lvl later than written on the spellbook.

I also found the armor/weapon merchant in the undead city. He is now at west gate of the city.

Level 9
Nickba i have played your ORPG and i like it.

Pros.
its fun to play
easy to understand gameplay.

cons.
systems can be added
terarin acould be widly improved
when i played it i diden't quite know the story of it i was just doing quest i think
all ORPG should have a good story.
you should go find more people to do this beacuse i don't think anyone has the skill to create a magnifacent map as a solo.
(if you are doing a team PM i would like to help)

Review.....
Terrain 4.5/10

systems 2/10

gameplay 7/10

classes 8/10
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
overall rating
4/5 and maybe 3.5/5

Level 6
In the next version, [have this on your mind]
+More Dungeons
+More Creeps/Mobs[Leveling area]
+More Quests
+More Items
+Make some paths unWalkAbLe
+Fix Opening/Closing Gates [There are/were few bugs where the gates weren't opening]
+Teleporter in cities[There is one]
+Req.LeveL to go in other Zones [like lvl 50 for next area .etc.]
[+/-]Add Jobs
-Sorry for bad spelled words :)

Level 4
We had some problems with hero choosing (especially after repick). I couldnt pick rifleman or paladin... and after repick it wouldn't let me choose at all. Also I think the necromancer is too op at first (skeles can tank and do way more dmg)

Level 6
Yes! It's backpack! - You need to close it! [That's the problem] :)
Hmm,.. the domain nickba.net is expired!
I like your map, so keep it up :)
If possible limit stats to 500 or 600 [I mean attributes]
Rate 5/5 [but the map needs little improvements]

Level 1
So I was playing this map with my friend. I selected Assassin, he - Defeder. We started lvl up. For the Gnoll Boss we needed bigger lvl so we atacked trolls. I was bigger lvl than him, but then he started lvl up at each 2-3 trolls killed. I needed to kill like 6 to lvl up. He reached lvl 30 while i was still 20... WTF?

Level 7
Well, I played it and there are very good sides and some frustrating sides. Lets go to the bad points first. Some creeps bounty wont add to the gold. Sometimes killing the same creep adds bounty to the current gold, sometimes it doesn't. Heroes shouldn't be allowed to buy items that don't fit them. I lost some gold since I did not read the item type in description. But if I could not buy that would have been better. It doesn't scale in difficulty quite well (talking about solo) and items are rather limited for as far as I have explored. Some gnoll items are sellable while some are not. And Ya, the strenght meter is stuck at 8% for me.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Well I'll write that it's decent in some ways although I've encountered these:
-Rifleman cannot be chosen
-the Assassin levels up faster (for like almost double than the Jaina model hero; the Assassin was like with 2 to 3 levels ahead)
-the quest the Peasant gives in the South near the gate doesn't work in that after the gate is destroyed the quest does not complete and afterwards there are no more quests to do.

Level 3
Is it just because I'm playing alone in Local mode that the stat increase system isn't working? I take damage, and I'm dealing damage, but it's all...
0%
0%
0%

Level 4
I know this map is dead already but I don't understand why people/mod rate so high.

Good:
- Stats mechanism is great.
- I love how you can't drag monster back to the town lol. Well done.

Bad:
- Not variety, the map is quite small with not so many monsters compared to other RPG here. Item is so limited.
- Lots of basic bugs. That makes this game unsmooth. Some of them might take just 10 min to fix it and not even hard to find. Thumb down on not testing.
- Early Spell is extremely simple and plain... and still bug even it's so simple. (I stop playing since early because so many bugs)
- The only good mechanism is stats system... but the board is sometimes stucked. (The value is still correct)
- AFKable, what's the point of stats system then ?

I'm not sure what's durability system mod talked about. Maybe old system ?

Since it's dead already and those will never be fixed. 2/5 so people can remake their decision before playing. If the owner is back, I will change my rating :)