• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Next modeling contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
The Modeling contest #13 was a huge success with 8 submissions.
So, while we're waiting for judge results for Modeling contest #13 we should discuss about the theme for the next Modeling contest.

Few themes i find interesting:
- Doodad pack
- Music unit
- Critters

Post yours!!!

Level 34
"Music units" sounds awesome. Here are some examples:

models_7114_screenshot.jpg
models_5816_screenshot.jpg
30313d1213527792-omg-it-liek-b-arthas-untitled.png
It would be awesome to have more of these.

Level 25
requires custom animating and we don't wan't 100 versions of rocking arthas.

Unit playing electric guitar in cartoon medieval game? :) That doesn't fit in this game and you know that.
Spirit breaker smashing with electric guitar? heh.... -.- it sux balls
I don't want to see 100 versions of rocking arthas too but i hope that people will understand...
I would like to see units like Kotobeast not some stupid electric guitar players...

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I saw a really cool Badger creep from OH, so I think, given the current (*cough* exams) situation, Critter's is a great, low-intensity idea. Seriously, they're really simple.

Then again, if anyone's up for it, a more interesting modelling contest would be cool to see. I disagree that "Ranged Unit" is too broad; you can really do a lot with that one. Or rather, it's just broad enough. :p (notice, we did the same thing with "mounted unit", one of the better Modelling Contests)

Unit playing electric guitar in cartoon medieval game? :) That doesn't fit in this game and you know that.
Spirit breaker smashing with electric guitar? heh.... -.- it sux balls
I don't want to see 100 versions of rocking arthas too but i hope that people will understand...
I would like to see units like Kotobeast not some stupid electric guitar players...

the idea is that you make something "Different" like an skeleton with a violin or a murloc with some african instrimunts.

plus critters has been done before.

Ranged unit is too broad a theme in my opinion.
Is there anything wrong with a broad theme? We've had several contests here with no theme, and they've still been successful. (Mind you, none of them were modelling contests :p)

the idea is that you make something "Different" like an skeleton with a violin or a murloc with some african instrimunts.

Exactly. You could make another electric guitar unit but I doubt that'd get very far in the poll or the judging. ;D

Level 16
Well, not that I'm participating, but I'm against Musicians because of their lack of usefulness. Critters could be both very useful and funny. Also, they don't need tons of animating.

i wouldnt say musicans are useless.
Many times there were bards in cruesades to keep
the troops motivation, also nowadays everyone knows
military bands or events like concerts etc to keep the
troops motivated.

Level 31
Transforming unit theme.

For instance, the SC2 viking thing, is a good example of a transforming/morphing unit.

Music unit: As far as skill and creativity required, it's awesome. As far us usefulness goes, this is a crappy idea. Considering as how the only useful WC3 musical unit is a war drum player...

Doodads: Oh, lord no. For heavens sake, no more of the same thing over and over.

Creeps: Nice idea. But, still....the transforming unit theme sounds cooler...

Status
Not open for further replies.