Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

New Wc3 Team

Discussion in 'Project Recruitment' started by UchihaSasuke.gr, Nov 19, 2007.

?

Vote our leader!

Poll closed Nov 26, 2007.
  1. ragingspeedhorn

52.0%
  2. Bob27

28.0%
  3. Craka_J

20.0%
  1. frostwhisper

frostwhisper

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Erm.. what?
    The war of the ancients was an actual war in the wc universe. It has nothing to do with Defense of the Ancients (DoTA).

2. THE_END

THE_END

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmm...
    How bout
    Rogue Death Knight
    Start off in Icecrown Glacier, you've just realized everything you have done and decide to escape. Lich King senses this, you run, he sends mad guys after you. You land somewhere, either Kalimdor, Eastern Kingdoms, Maelstrom..something
    You ally yourself with a bunch of rebels consisting of all differant races. Travel the world trying to find atrifacts trying to beat the Lich King, while his assassins are pursuing you, etc. You fight the Lich King...but die
    Tragic ending

3. UchihaSasuke.gr

UchihaSasuke.gr

Resources:
    Resources:
    Let us start this one...NOW!

4. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I could be the sidekick supporting u guys with ideas, as its to many terrainers now and im kinda busy with own projects.
    Lol, usual raging ^^

5. UchihaSasuke.gr

UchihaSasuke.gr

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yay!Usual raging!

6. THE_END

THE_END

Resources:
    Resources:
    So that Death Knight idea sound good?

7. Modo

Modo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I would rather go with a Death Squire, who is generally quite average i.e. Not exceptional at anything, not a chosen one, not really gifted. He is chosen by the Great Dragon Spirit to perform a quest to bring back the Death Knight because he is the squire of the Death Knight and he is pretty much expendable.

I don't really like the idea of another Undead campaign. So many people do them. I will write story, make icons as best I can and give many ideas if we do this though.

Please at least consider my idea. A Death Squire... it is unique, and we all want to do something different don't we?

8. frostwhisper

frostwhisper

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    It's not bad, but we need to think of the details for the story.
    Like add some twists and turns at some points.

9. monchopim

monchopim

Resources:
    Resources:
    im very good for ideas and AoS only T_T, if i can help...

10. Modo

Modo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The Squire starts in a training camp, 8 days from the last know location of the Lich King. He has dreams of the ancient dragon, but assumes he has been reading too much lore.

One night, he wakes up and leaves his tent. In the distance, he sees a pyre of fire. Against his better judgement, he goes out to investigate. It turns out it was a Inquisition ambush. They take him to their base camp and start interrogation with psyckers. It is at this time a commotion is heard outside. The door blasts in and a ghostly dragon is there. It saves him and takes him to a generic pond. It is here that he is told of his master's plight and gets the quest to save him.

On is journey, he has to fight many foes ad overcome many challenges.

He has to be careful. If he is too reckless in his acts, the Inquisition will come and kill him with a mass of Paladins. If he is too pious, the dragon will disown him and he will lose his place in the world. (incorporate a good/evil indicator.)

I think it should either end with the destruction of the dragon, saving of the Death Knight or both. I have an idea for a really good ending, but I don't want it to be open to the public.

Twist and Turns: Depends on the script. Is the character ruthless, misguided, good at heart?

What race is the character? Human, Orc, Penguin, etc.?

The twists and turns also depend on the ending.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2007
  11. THE_END

THE_END

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmm I love that idea! I'd say..make him a...hmm
    Has to be a hero model so I can make a badass skin

12. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's pretty good. I can go with that.

Would be cool to have it so you can alter your fate. Maybe some Fable things, the good/evil.

13. Sacrimo

Sacrimo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Now that would be a good game

14. THE_END

THE_END

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmmm adding fate involved choices could be very interesting..that would be sweet

15. Nestharus

Nestharus

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Hey.. I just started reading this a bit and had a sort of idea. You're doing an undead campaign it sounds like, and well. Undead aren't really bound by the form of their body. Take the lich as an example. Sure, there are different builds.

The squire serves the Death Knight, but maybe he doesn't know it? The dragon would tie well with this.

Maybe they are tied together, bonded to complete a harmony... The Ballod of the Death Knight.

Is the Dragon Truly good? Is the Lich King truly Evil? The thing that binds it all, holds the lich king together, etc. Perhaps it is simply the will to bring them all together, but then what bonds the squire and the death knight together. Maybe he "is" the death knight and must awaken himself. He does not know it yet and thinks it is a quest to find him, to serve the dragon, and to bring a sort of harmony to bring down the lich king, but in doing so, he starts to learn a terrible truth... The Death Knight is of the undead, but where is he? Perhaps he is truly dead and roams the outer realms and his form continues to exist.

To sacrifice your own being for a greater cause. Losing yourself to another. The true art of death...

Just my own ideas ^^. Personally, I think it will add a lot of depth to the story. Instead of just being a squire out there to search to awaken or find some sort of strong being (been done before) to take something out (been done), and being with a sort of resistance (def been done). Well, my idea has been done as well, but I dunno. I think it's... beautiful : D. Almost like a tragic poem. It also holds great symbolism.

Well, what do you guys think? : )

16. Modo

Modo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    A tragic poem... not bad. I kinda like it. I would prefer the alter your destiny thing a bit more. My orginal idea stemmed from the idea that you try to maintain neutrality in your evil deeds, but a campaign where you good/evilness alters the outcome would be tops.

I played Fable, and Fable: The Lost Chapters. It didn't matter whether you were good or evil, it always ended the same. I would like to see a Star Ocean: The Second Story type of thing where the are lots of endings depending on your choices during the game. It would give our campaing great replayability.

So, should our hero be a Death Squire, or should he be a Squire who will one day be a Knight (Neutral), Death Knight (Evil), Paladin (Good) or something in between.

Should we stop at one class, or make it possible to be an Apprentice (Mage, Necromancer, Cleric), Bowman (Archer, Evil Archer, Pious Archer), etc., etc.

17. Nestharus

Nestharus

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    The best model is the model of freedom

While he may be bonded with the Death Knight, he may choose to revoke it. As long as the Death Knight is an idea, it is alive. With enough power, it is possible to bring it back (this opens the storyline up more).

The squire shuold be a full 100% open race. There should be no classes (a sort of oblivion system save for one thing, the abilities are limited by your stats and your stats cannot all be maxed).

It will enable strategic building etc etc. Hopefully, this opens it up more to your liking.

Any race can learn any ability. You have knowledge points to enable you to go further down different roots of abilities. The power of your abilities are based on your stats and the mastery of that ability via knowledge. If you focus yourself too much, you could be easily countered. If you spread yourself out too much, you could easily be overpowered. It is all about balance and harmony.

The tragic poem of our friend, the squire, destined to be destroyed for the Death Knight unless he acts against the harmony.

What might happen if he went against the harmony of the world? What new horrors might come into being.

This should open it up even more for you

Enjoy my gift ^^

18. Modo

Modo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Do you meant Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion? It is good, but you cannot make that in WarCraft III and still have it playable.

19. UchihaSasuke.gr

UchihaSasuke.gr

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well,please if you are not in the team don't post.Lord Modo's idea is pretty good.Now shall we start with something?We gotta share MSNs or something so we can talk together.How will this start?How many chapters?We still have some work to do..

20. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    So what have we actually decided upon, I am a bit confused.