Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

New Wc3 Team

Discussion in 'Project Recruitment' started by UchihaSasuke.gr, Nov 19, 2007.

?

Vote our leader!

Poll closed Nov 26, 2007.
  1. ragingspeedhorn

52.0%
  2. Bob27

28.0%
  3. Craka_J

20.0%
  1. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Good suggestion Eleandor, I agree with most of your points.

2. Sacrimo

Sacrimo

Resources:
    Resources:
    For the TD idea, we start at a city, we are lvl 1, we only have starting abilitys like, poison tower, ice tower, siege tower, etc.

Then when we go to a arena or something the abilitys open up and we can build to stop enemys from passing. 3+ needed in arena or something

Towers can be upgraded when you level, for example, ice lvl 1 turns ice lvl 2 when you level up and put a point into that ability.

When you are a high enough level you go into the wilderness or something and kill baddies without towers for quick exp.

For the complicated complaints, we are a team, we have many people, we want to make a map that is complicated. If we make a old school TD what did we accomplish? Anyone can make a TD, now if we upgrade it to my idea, it will destroy all the other TDs if we work hard on it.

This is just a suggestion, but it would be a pretty decent map.

3. HINDYhat

HINDYhat

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I think TD's are lame... we should INNOVATE, not make a friggin' TD, however original it is, the concept of a TD is overused...

I want a challenge, not some microwaved leftover shiz that will 'put us on the map'. We have all of the talent to create something completely new, why not exploit that?

4. Eleandor

Eleandor

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I count 16 team members. If we're making a large map, each one of them could be useful. However, as we should perhaps start small, I think it's hard to come up with an idea everybody in the team likes. For instance, some people already said they do not like TD's. It's not at all my favourite either, but I can live with it. Perhaps, considering the fact it's a large team, if we're starting small, we should have 2 separate projects? I know it'll be hard, especially because we haven't accomplished anything, but as things look like now, it's going to take a while before everyone agrees on a concept.

HINDYhat, while I agree you think TD's are lame, do you have any innovative idea? Anyone else? I have given some, including the space themed idea, the TD variant (I don't fully consider that idea TD as it has different mechanics), and ofcourse the Altered Melee concept (although that idea is not new, I haven't seen a good (original - unless you call 10 different Naga races original) implementation of it in a warcraft 3 map). I mainly agree with you on the point that our maps should be innovative.

I feel that it's time to start selecting some ideas, and pick 1 or 2 of them and choose which one you want to work on...

5. Kwaliti

Kwaliti

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    WRESTLING! (joke)

Party map! Something connected to the snow, since it's winter.

6. UchihaSasuke.gr

UchihaSasuke.gr

Resources:
    Resources:
    News:

Our name is Prodigy Productions now!(I don't like the band though)

I think we should start with a space themed map were you have to battle with your spacecrafts to win the enemy.Something like this.Or make it a Hero Defense.

7. Modo

Modo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Please, no space themed maps. If you want a space them, wait for SCII. You could battle with Zeppelins or Boats. Hero Defenses... I don't know if I have ever played one. I don't think we should make one though.

So, are we going to WarCraft III a map or are we going to go with a WarCraft III style? Do you want me to come up with a new genre? I will if I have to but it will take a bit of focussed thought.

low_kwaliti, if you think it is winter, come to Australia.:grin: It is summer. We are already getting 34*degrees*C (I dont know what that is in farenheight, but it is a lot. I think it is about 100 but I have no idea)

Last edited: Dec 4, 2007
  8. THE_END

THE_END

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yea honestly, if we do a space themed map, I will be extremely pissed
    ...but will still make skins...:(

9. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Make our own campaign, go!

We can just make it a small campaign if people are so focused on starting small :p

10. Sacrimo

Sacrimo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very true, I agree with raging, we should start small then get bigger and bigger.

11. Bob27

Bob27

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ok, a small campaign sounds nice to me. I think we should do one of those RPG campaigns, because we should be able to keep it small, and they are usually the funnest campaigns.

12. UchihaSasuke.gr

UchihaSasuke.gr

Resources:
    Resources:
    So,let's start a campaign!Let's wait for one of our story writers to make a story!

13. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    We should not just have them "write a story", we should first decide on the premise of it, so they know what to aim for and so on.

14. UchihaSasuke.gr

UchihaSasuke.gr

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yay,very true.So,what's the story.Maybe a little boy born poor in a village that saves the mankind?

EDIT:I can't edit the poll.Doh o_O

15. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That sounds like a really poor idea :p

I am more thinking like something that interacts with the Warcraft storyline.

16. UchihaSasuke.gr

UchihaSasuke.gr

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can you add a paragraph or what you think of?

17. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Alternate events happening at the same time of the Wc3 campaigns and the characters then come across the same areas and events at some points as what the Wc3 characters did. As a randome example: You are a bunch of soldiers that randomly finds out something important and you need to deliver the info to arthas and so you embark on a quest to find him and deliver the info etc. etc.

18. Kwaliti

Kwaliti

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hmm, you might as well try and do campaigns by novels, such as Cycle of Hatred, Of Blood and Honor, The Last Guardian...

19. frostwhisper

frostwhisper

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Just give me a theme, and I'll set up the lore ;)

EDIT: Hold on! I got it... War of the Ancients. It's hip, it's now, it's awesome and no one has done it before. And the wc3 universe needs a good campaign about that war.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2007
  20. Sacrimo

Sacrimo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sounds to much like dota >.<

I think the hole lore starts when Arthas is Lich King. You are on a journey to reach Arthas and kill him for killing your friends and family from Strat village(the first village from the human campaign)

We go on and on, following Arthas's foot steps until we reach Icecrown. But since this is going to be a short campaign, we start at the village, head north, run into hordies, kill them, set up a camp for a horde attack. Then we head to the undead area where they are repairing Thrall's ships that landed in Kalimdor. You kill those undead, steal the ships and go on...then there should be a level where you are on your ship sailing around islands.

Then we go on to Northrend, meet the country, go into Icecrown, go through the traps, then we fight Arthas.

I don't know how short this campaign will be, but this is a good idea for the campaign.