• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New WC3 exploit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Maybe tell more about it? I can understand you don't want to share it in public, but then again, if TC didn't share it either, there would be no problem at the moment...

You made me curious...

It has been shared with the people who need to know (IE: Blizzard). If TC hadn't shared it, then the Russians would probably be virusing people without any problem.

However, info on this sort of thing should be on a need-to-know. Knowing the details of how to perform it won't help you defend against it.

Level 18
i got a question warcraftIII is getting errors when i play games on bnet after 10 min wc3 closes down. i already bought other cds of wc3 but this doesnt fix it :S i tryd alot like reinstalling/buying new cds and install/downloading torrentz/ and so on but it all does not work anyone know if this has to do with the patch?

Level 14
is it happening only when playing a specific map? If yes, its the maps fault. If no, something other than WC3 is at fault (hardware, maybe other malware, ...).

Also, what patch are you talking about?

There hasnt been any official patch yet.

That makes no sense
It makes perfect sense. Remember that theres more to a game than just code. Theres artwork as well. And im pretty sure the source code comes with a license agreement that only ID Soft has the right to sell the game.

Level 15
Damn, we can't put Fallout in -.- 10mb...

Doom, Doom 2, maybe Final Doom, Marathon, any other good ones?

We could put in Chex Quest, I have the CD somewhere.... ^^

Now what would be really fun is to forgo the 4mb, and just go put Halo 1 in it.

Level 12
Damn, we can't put Fallout in -.- 10mb...

Doom, Doom 2, maybe Final Doom, Marathon, any other good ones?
10mb?
and we seriously put doom 1 in a map and b.net it...
but i guess map protection would have to be put on the map or else ppl would just get doom out off it... but then again thats no great loss cause you can get it anywere anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.