• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New to this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
You're welcomed. Plz read the forum rules (first topic in every section), that will prevent some trouble.

If you ever have a question, first go to the tutorial-forum-section, if it doesn't help, ask in the specific forum-section for help.

Level 21
Remember to ask any question if necessary - try to understand or do it, if not ask. A beginner should have a good start to Map making :D
Wc3sear features alot of resources for your mapping needs, you may not need to use them yet, but later as you get more skilled and advanced, you'll use them.

Level 6
I can tell you all about putting models in your maps or even icons.. ask me anything.. some things i still cant answer :roll: :lol:

Level 21
Boom_Heffer said:
I can tell you all about putting models in your maps or even icons.. ask me anything.. some things i still cant answer :roll: :lol:

The guy doesn't need to know these things yet. Its abit too advanced and unnecessary for him yet. I know wc3sear have inspired many users to use wc3sear's resources but stick with the basics and what WE has to offer you at the moment. You won't be disspointed, custom icons and skins are not necessary.

Level 7
try to make at first a melee map, before creating a fun-map. read also ozo2's tutorial

Level 22
All the tools you'll ever need, minus the actuall model editor, is available on this site. War3viewer and War3 file converter are essential for modding anything or making skins. You don't need any tools to insert skins/models/icons into your map. But yes, there's tutorials for everything important here, most of which are in the forum threads.
-VGsatomi

Level 25
Here's a random thing I discoverd ages ago

Windows XP and NT aren't DOS based like... every other Windows platform. They use their own thing... So stuff that works on XP might not work on 98 and vice versa.

If it works on ME, it'll work on 98 though

Level 12
Advice to newbies: Try to experiment with different kinds of ideas. That way you'll be able to find out what type of map you're best at making :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.