1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

New skill system is boring at low-mid levels. Solution - flat milestone bonuses!

Discussion in 'Gaias Retaliation ORPG' started by ALEXz407, Jan 1, 2015.

1. ALEXz407

ALEXz407

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @Zwiebelchen: This is great news!
    I hope with WoW-like talents it will be possible to:
    - Balance classes
    - Make choices really interesting (if talent tree will be build properly)
    - Give a guaranteed reward and as a result - desire to level up
    - Effectively increase the number of skills with skill changing talents (i.e. single target taunt to small AoE taunt)
    Around level 5 players start trying to kill bosses for quests (crab may already be killed). Talents at this level will be a great help for small parties.

Speaking about the proper construction of the skill tree.
    As I see it
    Each of the three talents must increase same aspect of gameplay. I can highlight the following aspects:
    - Damage (skill damage up, cooldown reduction, skill combinations, AoE effects)
    - Stats (flat/percentage increase in base stats: STR/AGI/INT, crit, spellpower, damage, haste)
    - Control (stun/debuff duration, additional debuffs on skills)
    - Versatility (MP pool, buffs/auras effectiveness, additional buff/aura effects on skills, heal power)
    - Survivability (HP pool, evasion, armor, damage reduction, resistances, new/upgraded defensive effects on skills)
    - Avoidance (run speed, death strikes protection, aggro reduction, receiving heal)
    Control & versatility, survivability & avoidance, damage & stats can be combined. Thus we obtain a more balanced and at the same time unique builds.
    Some thoughts about the talents for base classes, maybe you can find some of them useful?

Cleric
    5 (Vers): +30 MP & +10% MP | Heal power up to SPx6 | Heal base cast time reduced to 2 sec & manacost to 8
    10 (Surv/Avoid): +30 HP & +10% HP | evasion +7% | run speed +15%
    15 (Stats): +2 SP & +7% SP | +5% spell haste | +5% crit chance & +15% spell crit damage
    20 (Dmg): Souls Strike power up to SPx4 and manacost to 10 | Soul Strike on debuffed with Crippling Curse targets hit for SPx0.33 AoE in 150 radius | Each Crippling Curse tick adds 1 SP & 1% SP for 5 seconds, stacks up to 5 times

Magician
    5 (Dmg): +15% Fire & +10% Shadow damage | +15% Magic & +10% Lightning damage | +1 SP & +5% SP & +10% Water damage
    10 (Vers): +30 MP & +10% MP | Frost cage emits aura that reduce enemy run speed by 30% in 200 AoE around caged target | Dispel cost reduced to 0 but cast time increased to 1 sec
    15 (Stats): +5% spell haste | +5% crit chance & +15% spell crit damage | +2 SP & +7% SP
    20 (Vers/Cont): Frost cage duration x2 if target soaked | Meteor strike dazes enemies -75% run speed for 5 sec | Fire Shield can be applied to one target as bard's song (active while target in range)

Squire
    5 (Surv): +40 HP & +15% HP | +2 Armor & +7% Armor | Evasion +5%
    10 (Cont): Hateful Strike also stun 2 closest targets | Hateful Strike stun duration increased to 3 sec (2 sec on bosses) | Gaping Wounds reduce target spell haste by 10%
    15 (Dmg): Taunt inflicts damage APx0.5 | Shield Slam damage now scaled with APx2 | Revenge cooldown reduced to 40 sec, but it cost 30 mana
    20 (Vers): +40 MP & +15% MP | Each block or parry grants 300 AoE buff +10% attack speed & +5% spell haste for 5 sec (10 sec cd) | Heroic Presence doesn't increase aggro, but turns into aura +5% crit chance & +1 armor & +5% armor

Thief
    5 (Stats/Dmg): +5% crit chance & +15% physical crit damage | +10% attack speed | abilities damage +15%
    10 (Surv/Avoid): +30 HP & +10% HP | -20% Aggro | +15% Run speed
    15 (Cont): 8 sec (4 sec on bosses) stun duration if Backstab used from Stealth | +10 sec Dazing Trap sleep duration | +10 sec Embrittling Acid duration
    20 (Dmg): Backstab applies bleeding DoT APx0.5 damage per sec for 7 sec while Sweeping Blades active | Blurred Motions buffs +15% attack speed for 5 sec | Embrittling Acid ticks for APx0.1 poison damage every second

Ranger
    5 (Stats/Dmg): +20% aggro & +20% armor to Servant of Nature | -20% aggro & +20% damage to Servant of Nature | +15% attack speed & 15% damage converted to HP to Servant of Nature
    10 (Dmg): Flaming Arrow DoT damage doubled | Claw Strike does not create additional aggro but damage increased to PAPx3 | Ensnared targets ticks for SPx0.5 Lightning damage in 200 AoE every 2 seconds.
    15 (Stats): +5% crit chance +15% physical crit damage | +10% attack speed | +20% Pet stat score
    20 (Surv): +30 HP & +10% HP | +15% evasion | +20% all resistances

Also think about adding stat caps and increasing secondary stat formulas for STR/AGI/INT. This can really help with top content balancing and will up stat gain from low-mid level items (that was nerfed with last patch rebalance in base stat increasing per level).

Another great news!

What about make this feature endgame oriented? So I can take my Gaelas' Cap and upgrade it to Gaelas' Cap for 50 lvl? This allows you to use all the old stuff again.
    Also, it will be easier to make the loot for the heroic versions of dungeons - just put upgraded versions into bosses and heroic loot into chests like at Ogres.

Enchanting price can scale with item level, so low tier item will require more enchant materials, so you can not just farm in low level instance what you need solo with 50 lvl and easily upgrade it to 50 lvl version.

And why add new material for enchanting? The game already has a mana crystals. Now they are needed for talent respec, some recipes and storage upgrade. With the elimination of skills, talent reset would be better make with gold price. So enchanting will be new MC sink thing. And MC drop rate can be changed to make them rare.
    Perhaps enchanting introduction will require MC wipe to prevent players instantly upgrade all items to top.

2. Shamu

Shamu

Resources:
    Resources:
    If I understand you correctly, this would be really boring. Upgrading normal mode items only to have the upgraded items that you already have drop from heroic mode seems kind of lazy and pointless.

EDIT: also, I think Zwieb mentioned that upgrading would be endgame oriented (or implied it, at least). But giving every item in the game an upgraded version would give you way too many lvl 50 items. Having upgrading being exclusive to d4 items would be enough, or maybe exclusive to d4 and a few (few) other items, and the legendaries. This would also mean that items can't be upgraded instanly after the release, because you don't have them yet.

3. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    @Alex: Thanks for the suggestions; I did take some notes on it and I like some of the ideas and will incorporate them into the new base class talents.
    And there's always the option to just give a vendor a material that can be bought via MC that is required for enchanting. Disenchanting materials add a purpose to dropped gear other than vendoring - which is always a good thing.

@Shamu: I'm undecided yet. I like the idea of repurposing pre-level 50 gear for visual fluff... but then again I could also just add more items instead that use those skins. The idea about making every single item upgradable (with a noticable, but not overly huge increase in stats) has it's appeals, as it allows me to add a nice item and gold/MC sink to the crafting system.

4. Shamu

Shamu

Resources:
    Resources:
    wouldn't this lead to many items that have the same stats, or almost the same stats, because they are all on the same tier, since they are all upgraded? That kind of sounds like a weird skin change rather than an item choice. But I don't really know every item in the game, so I might be wrong there. Or would there be several tiers of upgraded items?

5. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Yeah that is right, I want to try to avoid having "too much of the same" ... hence why every item will be upgradable for a minor stat boost (on the same level).

So we are talking about being able to upgrade Gaelas Cap to Gaelas Cap +1 instead of making it a level 50 item.
    A possible alternative would be to be able to upgrade the quality tier of the item by one.
    So a level 10 Gaelas Cap would become a level 10 Gaelas Cap

I'm currently going over the scripts for the new talent system. It gives me kind of a headache, as I need to learn LUA to create all the required object data efficiently. Using engineering upgrades to change hero skills is a pain in the ass, especially when there are 210 talents in the game (4*3*5 base class talents + 5*3*10 advanced class talents). That means I need 210 abilities to emulate a proper UI (of which 150 already exist, but are inside levelable abilities, so all this data needs to be extracted before).
    And I definitely won't copy and paste all the descriptions manually...

6. ALEXz407

ALEXz407

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It seems that this system will encourage additional runs at dungeons for enchanting materials farming. Sounds good if this is done correctly.
    I think you need to add different materials for each leveling zone: d1, d2, d3&ogres, hills, d4. Otherwise, we will get a situation where farming d1 for mats will be new evolution of grinding.

I can agree what upgrading all items to almost equal stats at level 50 can be boring (I personally like diversity in outfitting what this solution will bring).

But unique items like bard's instruments, necromancer's skulls and items with procs should be upgraded to level 50. Is it possible to use two-step upgrades for them? First upgrade with actual level enchant materials and second with endgame enchant materials.
    Something like Searing Gloves (pre d3) => Enchanted Searing Gloves (d3+) => Molten Gloves (endgame)
    Or Spiritual Flute (d3) => Enchanted Spiritual Flute (d3+) => Enlightening Flute (endgame)

This will add more interest into crafting. Some cool items are only craftable, but with bad luck and without grinding you will get them only when bonuses already weak compared to items from vendors/mobs. Honestly, I've never seen crafted The Basilisk's Talon. It is awesome, but not worth the effort (exception - very high luck with ingredients drop).
    As an option - you can make alpha build with removed skills + added talents only for base classes + without -save function + with free talents respec. So you can get feedback faster. However, it is still around 1/3 of work, but it will be creating new functions, not refactoring old :).

I made some sketches of advanced class talents (using around 80%-90% from current backpack talents). Maybe it will give you some inspiration?
    Bishop
    5:
    - +30 MP & +10% MP
    - Heal power up to SPx6
    - Heal base cast time reduced to 2 sec & manacost to 8

10:
    - +30 HP & +10% HP
    - evasion +7%
    - run speed +15%

15:
    - +2 SP & +7% SP
    - +5% spell haste
    - +5% crit chance & +15% spell crit damage

20:
    - Souls Strike power up to SPx4 and manacost to 10
    - Soul Strike on debuffed with Crippling Curse targets hit for SPx0.33 AoE in 150 radius
    - Each Crippling Curse tick adds 1 SP & 1% SP for 5 seconds, stacks up to 5 times

25:
    - Attack speed bonus of 'Symbol of Fury' increased by 10%.
    - Resistance bonus granted by 'Confidence' increased by 10%.
    *- 'Burst of Light' cooldown reduced to 30 sec but healing amount also reduced to SPx2.5

30:
    ?- Chance to score a critical hit with spells on targets debuffed by 10% (15%?).
    - Spell Haste increased by 10%.
    ?- 5% (8%?) increased spell power.

35:
    - 'Weakened Soul' spell damage malus on 'Soul Strike' removed.
    - Critical hits generate 50% less threat.
    - All magic and shadow damage dealt heals allies in range by 3% of the damage dealt.

40:
    *- +30 MP & +10% MP
    - 'Crippling Curse' replenishes 2 Mana per tick.
    *- 'Heal' mana cost reduced by 2 MP and 'Flash of Light' by 3 MP.

45:
    - 50% chance to reset all cooldowns when scoring a critical hit with spells [effect can only occur once every 30 seconds].
    - Cooldown of 'Criplling Curse' reduced by 50%.
    - Cooldown of 'Mend' reduced ny 30%.

50: -
    Monk
    5:
    - +30 MP & +10% MP
    - Heal power up to SPx6
    - Heal base cast time reduced to 2 sec & manacost to 8

10:
    - +30 HP & +10% HP
    - evasion +7%
    - run speed +15%

15:
    - +2 SP & +7% SP
    - +5% spell haste

20:
    - Souls Strike power up to SPx4 and manacost to 10
    - Soul Strike on debuffed with Crippling Curse targets hit for SPx0.33 AoE in 150 radius
    - Each Crippling Curse tick adds 1 SP & 1% SP for 5 seconds, stacks up to 5 times

25:
    ?- Armor increased by 10% (15%?)
    - Evasion also affects attacks from behind
    ?- Increases threat generated by 10% (20%?) when 'Steel Body' is active

30:
    *- 'Symbol of Fury' buffs one target like bard's song
    - 'Body and Mind' chance to trigger increased by 3%
    - Increases duration of 'Divine Fist' by 2 seconds

35:
    - Chance to score a critical hit increased by 15%
    ?- Increases attack speed by 5% (10%?)
    - Attacks against targets debuffed with 'Crippling Curse' ignore armor

40:
    ?- 5% (10%?) chance on attack to debuff the target with 'Crippling Curse'
    - 'Stone Skin' Cooldown reduced by 50%
    - Evasion also affects physical damage caused by abilities [does not protect from debuffs or special effects].

45:
    - 'Divine Fist' finishing attack deals splash damage in small radius.
    - 'Steel Body' spell restrictions removed
    - Immunity to critical hits

Sorcerer
    5:
    - +15% Fire & +10% Shadow damage
    - +15% Magic & +10% Lightning damage
    - +1 SP & +5% SP & +10% Water damage

10:
    - +30 MP & +10% MP
    - Frost cage emits aura that reduce enemy run speed by 30% in 200 AoE around caged target
    - Dispel cost reduced to 0 but cast time increased to 1 sec

15:
    - +5% spell haste
    - +2 SP & +7% SP

20:
    - Frost cage duration x2 if target soaked
    - Meteor strike dazes enemies -75% run speed for 5 sec
    - Fire Shield can be applied to one target as bard's song

25:
    ?- 'Fireball' area of effect increased by 20% (50%?)
    - Chance to score a critical hit with fire and water spells increased by 10%
    - Increases chance to score a critical hit with lightning or magic spells by 15%.

30:
    *- +30 MP & +10% MP
    ?- Replenishes 1 (2?) Mana when scoring a critical hit with spells.
    - 'Fire Shield' also increases armor of the target by 20%.

35:
    *- +25% spell crit damage & critical hits with spells generate 50% less threat
    - Increases spell haste by 10%.
    ?- Spell power increased by 5% (8%?)

40:
    - 'Water Ball' reduces the spell haste of 'soaked' targets by 10%
    - Cooldown of 'Frost Cage' reduced by 30%
    *- 'Water Elemental' replaced with 'Frost Elemental'. Frost Elemental has frost aura with 200 AoE -20% run speed & SPx0.1 aggro per sec, and attacks in melee with very slow attack for SPx1 water damage.
    DPS should be lower than Water Elemental's for around 40%. Aggro enough to keep mobs grouped around, but easily break with single target spell or early AoE. Armor = SPx0.5, max HP = Sorcerer's max HPx1.5, Run speed = Normal.

45:
    *- 'Meteor Strike' summons multiple boulders, spreading the area of effect over a wide area. Cooldown reduced to 60 sec and cost inreased to 30 MP
    - When scoring a critical hit with 'Lightning Charge', the lightning will strike one additional target nearby
    *- Duration of 'Summon Water/Frost Elemental' increased by 40 seconds.

Necromancer
    5:
    - +15% Fire & +10% Shadow damage
    - +15% Magic & +10% Lightning damage
    - +1 SP & +5% SP & +10% Water damage

10:
    - +30 MP & +10% MP
    - Frost cage emits aura that reduce enemy run speed by 30% in 200 AoE around caged target
    - Dispel cost reduced to 0 but cast time increased to 1 sec

15:
    - +5% spell haste
    - +2 SP & +7% SP

20:
    - Frost cage duration x2 if target soaked
    - Meteor strike dazes enemies -75% run speed for 5 sec
    - Fire Shield can be applied to one target as bard's song

25:
    - Skeletons and Skeleton Mages can be summoned without a corpse nearby.
    ?- 'Fire Shield' also increases all resistances of the target by 10% (20%?)
    *- +40 HP & +15% HP

30:
    ?- Increases spell power by 5% (8%?).
    - Increases spell haste by 10%
    - Increases chance to score a critical hit with fire and shadow spells by 15%

35:
    - Increases armor reduction of 'Detonating Bones' by 20%
    - Increases the duration of 'Frost Cage' by 10 seconds
    - Whenever a skeleton minion dies, there is a 50% chance the skeleton will be reanimated with full Mana and 35% of maximum life.

40:
    - Skeletons and Skeleton Mage minions have a 15% improved chance to score a critical hit.
    - Reduces casting time of 'Fireball' by 0.5 seconds
    *- 'Curse of the Vampire' damage increased to SPx5

45:
    - Allows Skeletons to use the 'Bash' ability.
    - Enchants the weapons of all skeleton minions with fire, adding 15% of damage dealt as fire damage to their attacks
    - 'Curse of the Vampire' also recovers Mana to all allies around (3% of damage dealt)

Crusader
    5:
    - +40 HP & +15% HP
    - +2 Armor & +7% Armor
    - Evasion +5%

10:
    - Hateful Strike also stun 2 closest targets
    - Hateful Strike stun duration increased to 2 sec
    - Gaping Wounds reduce target spell haste by 10%

15:
    - Taunt inflicts damage APx0.5
    - Shield Slam damage now scaled with APx2
    - Revenge cooldown reduced to 40 sec, but it cost 30 mana

20:
    - Critical attacks with two-handed weapon stuns target for 1 sec [effect can occur once every 10 seconds]
    - Each parry grants 300 AoE buff +10% attack speed & +5% spell haste for 5 sec (10 sec cd)
    - Heroic Presence doesn't increase aggro, but turns into aura +5% crit chance & +1 armor & +5% armor

25:
    - Increases the time a taunted enemy will ignore other targets by 2 seconds.
    ?- All threat generated on enemies that are not attacking the Crusader is increased by 25% (50%?).
    *- +40 HP & +15% HP

30:
    *- Attack Power increased by 30% and parry chance by 15% when wielding Two-handed weapon.
    With a two-handed weapon crusader loses one item slot (armor, stats and 20% all frontal damage diminishing) therefore bonus should be significant.
    ?- Cooldown of 'Crucify' and 'Shield Slam' is reduced by 10% (20%?).
    *- Crusader runs to target (300% run speed) when 'Shield Slam' used. Damage increased by Armor x0.25 and additionaly by Armor x0.25 per 100 range (max 500 range counted). If traveled distance becomes greater than 1000 skill fails.

35:
    ?- 'Parry' chance to reduce damage increased by 5% (15%?).
    - When 'Heroic Presence' is active, all physical damage taken by the Crusader is reduced by 10% [applied before armor rules]
    - When the hitpoints of the Crusader are below 25% of the current maximum, all damage taken is reduced by 50% [applied after armor and resistance rules]

40:
    - 15% increased chance to score a critical hit.
    ?- Attacks against enemies casting a spell deals 15% (30%?) more damage [applied after armor and resistance rules].
    *- 'Gaping Wounds' duration increased by 6 seconds. Instant damage increased to APx1 and DoT to APx3.

45:
    - All magic damage dealt by the Crusader generates 30% more threat.
    - 25% reduced cooldown of 'Hateful Strike', 'Gaping Wounds' and 'Revenge'.
    - 5% chance to reset all cooldowns when attacking enemies with the standard attack [effect can only occur once every 30 seconds].

Berserker
    5:
    - +40 HP & +15% HP
    - +2 Armor & +7% Armor
    - Evasion +5%

10:
    - Hateful Strike also stun 2 closest targets
    - Hateful Strike stun duration increased to 2 sec
    - Gaping Wounds reduce target spell haste by 10%

15:
    - Taunt inflicts damage APx0.5
    - Shield Slam damage now scaled with APx2
    - Revenge cooldown reduced to 40 sec, but it cost 30 mana

20:
    - Critical attacks with two-handed weapon stuns target for 1 sec [effect can occur once every 10 seconds]
    - Each parry grants 300 AoE buff +10% attack speed & +5% spell haste for 5 sec (10 sec cd)
    - Heroic Presence doesn't increase aggro, but turns into aura +5% crit chance & +1 armor & +5% armor

25:
    *- 'Taunt' converted into 400 AoE notarget aggro
    - All healing recieved increased by 20%.
    - 10% increased Evasion.

30:
    ?- Successful melee attacks have a 10% (20%?) chance to interrupt enemy spellcasting.
    - Every tick of 'Gaping Wounds' replenishes 1 Mana.
    - 'Demoralizing Shout' Attack Power reduction increased by 5%.

35:
    - 10% increased attack power.
    - Attack Speed increased by 5%.
    - 'Berserker's Rage' damage received malus removed.

40:
    - Increases chance to score a critical hit by 10%.
    - 50% chance to debuff the current target with 'Gaping Wounds' when scoring a critical hit.
    - Two-handed weapons may hit one additional target.

45:
    *- 'Berserker's Rage' can stack up to 15 times.
    ?- 25% (50%?) reduced Cooldown on 'Heaven's Edge' and 'Lightning Blade'.
    ?- 15% (20%?) increased Attack Power with one handed weapons.

Assassin
    5:
    - +5% crit chance & +15% physical crit damage
    - +10% attack speed
    - abilities damage +15%

10:
    - +30 HP & +10% HP
    - -20% Aggro
    - +15% Run speed

15:
    - 8 sec (4 sec on bosses) stun duration if Backstab used from Stealth
    - +10 sec Dazing Trap sleep duration
    - +10 sec Embrittling Acid duration

20:
    - Backstab applies bleeding DoT APx0.5 damage per sec for 7 sec while Sweeping Blades active
    - Blurred Motions buffs +15% attack speed for 5 sec
    - Embrittling Acid ticks for APx0.1 poison damage every second

25:
    - Increases chance to score a critical hit by 10%.
    - Increases attack power by 5%.
    - Increases attack speed by 5%.

30:
    - Removes movement speed penalty when stealthed.
    - 'Backstab' also interrupts the target.
    - 'Embrittling Acid' also reduces all resistances of the target by 10%.

35:
    ?- Critical damage factor increased by 50% (40%?).
    - Increases damage dealt when attacking targets from behind by 10%.
    *- abilities damage +15%

40:
    - Increases duration of 'Sweeping Blades' by 10 seconds.
    - Cooldown of 'Backstab' and 'Bladefury' reduced by 25%.
    *- Assassin instantly teleports behind the target in 500 range when 'Backstab' or 'Bladefury' used. [if teleport isn't possible, abilities used normally and counted as attacks from behind]

45:
    - 3% chance to reset all cooldowns when dealing damage with standard attacks [effect can only occur once every 30 seconds].
    - Attacks from behind the target will ignore armor.
    - When receiving an otherwise deadly blow, the assassin will avoid all incoming damage for 2 seconds [effect can only occur once every 30 seconds].

Bard
    5:
    - +5% crit chance & +15% physical crit damage
    - +10% attack speed
    - abilities damage +15%

10:
    - +30 HP & +10% HP
    - -20% Aggro
    - +15% Run speed

15:
    - 8 sec (4 sec on bosses) stun duration if Backstab used from Stealth
    - +10 sec Dazing Trap sleep duration
    - +10 sec Embrittling Acid duration

20:
    - Backstab applies bleeding DoT APx0.5 damage per sec for 7 sec while Sweeping Blades active
    - Blurred Motions buffs +15% attack speed for 5 sec
    - Embrittling Acid ticks for APx0.1 poison damage every second

25:
    - 'Song of Peace' also increases spell haste of the target by 5%.
    ?- 'Song of Elements' also increases resistances against fire, water and lightning damage by 10% (20%?).
    - 'Song of Vigor' strength bonus increased by 30%.

30:
    ?- Attack speed increased by 5% (10%?).
    - Critical damage factor increased by 30%.
    *- abilities damage +15%

35:
    *- +40 MP & +15% MP
    - 'Inspire' Cooldown reduced by 25%.
    - Increases armor reduction of 'Embrittling Acid' by 15%.

40:
    *- 'Sweeping Blades' becomes toggleable, but decreases AP by 30% when active
    ?- Cooldown of 'Backstab' and 'Sweeping Blades' reduced by 25% (33%?).
    - 25% chance on attack to deal 30% of attack power as lightning damage.

45:
    - When a unit is being killed, there is a 35% chance to get a second roll on the droptable.
    - Allows for one additional song to be active on the same target.
    - When the bard is not the current main target of an attacked enemy, there is a 5% chance to enter stealth mode [effect can only occur once every 30 seconds].

Hunter
    5:
    - Servant of Nature summons Bear with +40% aggro & +20% armor. When bear summoned, ranger receives 'Fortitude of the Forest' buff that increases ranger's Armor by LVLx0.2 points.
    - Servant of Nature summons Wolf with +20% run speed & +20% damage. When wolf summoned, ranger receives 'Fury of the Wilds' buff that increases ranger's STR by LVLx0.2 points.
    - Servant of Nature summons Hawk with -40% aggro & +20% attack speed. When hawk summoned, ranger receives 'Clarity of the Plains' buff that increases ranger's INT by LVLx0.2 points.
    Base Servant of Nature stats can be nerfed a bit to fit better with bonuses. Without talent selected Servant of Nature summons Dog.

10:
    - Flaming Arrow DoT damage doubled
    - Claw Strike does not create additional aggro but damage increased to PAPx3
    - Ensnared targets ticks for SPx0.5 Lightning damage in 200 AoE every 2 seconds.

15:
    - +5% crit chance +15% physical crit damage
    - +10% attack speed
    - +20% Pet stat score

20:
    - +30 HP & +10% HP
    - +15% evasion
    - +20% all resistances

25:
    - All threat generated by damage is reduced by 20%.
    - Servant of Nature becomes immune to critical hits.
    - Increases attack speed of the Servant of Nature by 10%.

30:
    - Attacks ignore enemy evasion.
    - Each point of Agility also adds 0.5 to armor penetration.
    - Increases chance to score a critical hit by 15%.

35:
    *- Increases Hunter's and Pet's attack speed by 5%.
    - Cooldown of 'Claw Strike' and 'Beast Fury' reduced by 25%
    - 'Claw Strike' deals damage in a small area of effect.

40:
    *- Increases duration of 'Flaming Arrow' by 6 seconds and reduces cooldown by 2 seconds.
    - Cooldown of 'Multishot' and 'Magic Arrow' reduced by 25%.
    *- Autoattacks have 20% chance to hit target again with ghostly arrow for APx0.5 magic damage

45:
    - 5% chance to reset all cooldowns when dealing damage with standard attacks [effect can only occur once every 30 seconds].
    - Critical strikes will poison the target, reducing spell haste, movement and attack speed by 10% for 6 seconds.
    *- Cooldowns reduced: 'Ensnare' to 10 seconds, 'Feline Reflexes' to 20 seconds and 'Barbed Arrow' to 45 seconds

Druid
    5:
    - Servant of Nature summons Bear with +40% aggro & +20% armor. When bear summoned, ranger receives 'Fortitude of the Forest' buff that increases ranger's Armor by LVLx0.2 points.
    - Servant of Nature summons Wolf with +20% run speed & +20% damage. When wolf summoned, ranger receives 'Fury of the Wilds' buff that increases ranger's STR by LVLx0.2 points.
    - Servant of Nature summons Hawk with -40% aggro & +20% attack speed. When hawk summoned, ranger receives 'Clarity of the Plains' buff that increases ranger's INT by LVLx0.2 points.
    Base Servant of Nature stats can be nerfed a bit to fit better with bonuses. Without talent selected Servant of Nature summons Dog.

10:
    - Flaming Arrow DoT damage doubled
    - Claw Strike does not create additional aggro but damage increased to PAPx3
    - Ensnared targets ticks for SPx0.5 Lightning damage in 200 AoE every 2 seconds.

15:
    - +5% crit chance +15% physical crit damage
    - +10% attack speed
    - +20% Pet stat score

20:
    - +30 HP & +10% HP
    - +15% evasion
    - +20% all resistances

25:
    *- +40 MP & +15% MP
    - Maximum Mana of spirits increased by 15%
    - Increases spell haste of spirits by 30%.

30:
    - Increases spell haste by 10%.
    - Increases spell power by 10%.
    ?- Increases chance to score a critical hit by 5% (15%?).

35:
    - Increases range of 'Remedy' by 50%.
    - Cooldown of 'Nature's Blessing' reduced by 25%.
    - Increases duration of 'Feline Reflexes' by 5 seconds.

40:
    ?- Increases armor penetration by 25% (50%?).
    - Each point of intelligence also adds 0.2 poison damage to the standard attack.
    ?- Cooldown of 'Barbed Arrow' and 'Flaming Arrow' reduced by 25% (50%?).

45:
    - When using healing spells on other targets, the caster is also healed by 50% of the healed amount.
    - Allows to summon both Efreet and Servant of Nature at the same time.
    - Allows to summon both Efreet and Dryad at the same time.

Keywords for 25-45 talents: '?' - suggested change in values, '*' - new/heavily modified talent.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
  7. ALEXz407

ALEXz407

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Just a picture with skill icons organized in suggested Squire talent tree. :)

[​IMG]

Perhaps I have too much free time. >_>

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
  8. kevs926

kevs926

Resources:
    Resources:
    so this means at the first 9 levels i have 8 extra skill points i cant use

9. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Wow, you really have way too much time... these pictures are great. ;)

But yeah, that's basicly how it will look like. Except that talents start at 10, not at 5. So 9 tiers total.

@kevs: obviously, you only get 1 point every 5 levels. ;)

10. ALEXz407

ALEXz407

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Let these pictures to motivate you to make talents system for base classes :).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

11. doubtful

doubtful

Resources:
    Resources:
    How exactle will this work?
    There isnt skill tree anymore? There are the skills and we get to choose which skills we want on each level? Can we choose lets say all 3 skills that level 5 offers us?

12. GasQueen

GasQueen

Resources:
    Resources:
    If I understood correctly, there will be no more stats. Instead, we will get to choose 1 out of 3 "talents" for our class every 5 levels, starting from level 10.

What I'm not certain of is, howewer, which talent line will appear at level 25? Will it still be a talent for the base class? Or are we going to have to advance our class for the talent point to appear first?

13. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Correct.

It will be a (unique) base class talent.

The code base for the new system is done now.
    Only the object data is left now. And of course the base class talents. But as those are pretty basic, I don't think this will take long. Except for the "ultimates" at level 25, which usually have an effect on skills that might have a bigger impact on the playstyle.

In the meantime, I received almost all of the remaining skins from Daenar7 (almost all of the missing endgame item skins). Only 2 more need to be done for the complete set.

14. PachaXD

PachaXD

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great news for a new great way of gameplay! really looking forward for this :) thanks ones more Zwieb, this talents systems seems just like the best way to keep this great game improving.