• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Script Optimizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
With Vexorian's optimizer, if there is ExecuteFunc with I2S() for example, rather than guessing it simply does not shorten ANY function name that is "takes nothing returns nothing".

JassHelper auto-concatenates constant strings (provided you are not running in debug_mode).

So the optimizer problem is resolved. It works 100%.

The thing is Ralle will implement a JASS parser onto the server so you can compile from anywhere, if we come up with a solution which does not require Windows-only libraries. So that might be a motivation for Frotty's compiler.

Level 23
I am not guessing, if a function name contains the constant stringvar inside the EF call at the same position as in the EF call It gets shortened...afaik. I don't even remmeber that much, have to test it again some time.
The auto-concatenation isn't hard to do, but I honestly don't see where a user would write "a" + "b" instead of "ab

Well, yes. It can be run anywhere since it's java and I don't use OS specific libraries.

Level 10
here's some screenshots
Capture1.JPG
Capture2.JPG

yeah i have Java installed

running on windows 7 ultimate

the second error appears after that registry error..
Map is an old version of Mag's ASS

Level 17
On Ubuntu 10.04 LTS 64 bits with OpenJdk Java 6 Runtime :

- I'm unable to choice the option Remove Comments, it's in light grey and already setted.
- The menu doesn't work except the help (i can choice file open, optimize, but that does nothing, file exit does work though).

If i optimize a map it just copy it (the copy has the same MD5, SHA-1 hash.)
But i suppose in the current version optimize a map under an OS different to Windows is not supported (because of winmpq).
But optimizing a script should work, and i'm unable to do it.

Level 17
I can select a file, but nothing happens when i try to optimize it through the menu.
And according to the displayed text, the "green" button is for map, not for scripts, anyway when i press it, it displays "is.j4" in the bar, and nothing more happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.