• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Project - Dreamscape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
SICKLY AWESOME SONG FOR DREAMSCAPE: Ari Koivunen - tears keep falling
Just listen to it! Pure epicness and perfectly suits Dreamscape!

{EDIT}
Btw... I screwed up a boss fight with some JASS ass... I'll start it all over...

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Might be hard to put it in a map if ur using that jass stuff. No idea how it works lol, i just use triggers 4 everything.:grin:

BTW i might use that for the boss fight...
(the song i mean)

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Yes I do Narrator.
Can you link to it arthas?

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Yeah i might use that for a boss battle somewhere.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

The Meeting level?

Where would you put a campaign theme song?

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

xP, I'm on the forums a lot so it go's up fast & sometimes ppl just +rep me to bump it up lol...

Just got some ppl to make a few spells for erynias or w/e i named him (yeah I don't even remember how to spell it lol,) One is Fire Nova I think it does some cool fire shooting thing, and another is meteor that calls down a meteor that splits into 2 pieces when it hits the ground and those pieces hit 2 more targets.

WEWT 300TH POST!

{EDIT}
Yep, CH 4 will be finished soon. Just gotta make a few mroe cinematics and stuff... lol this map has taken almost 4 weeks!!!

BTW, does anyone have some ideas for the 3 hero boss battle.

ENORMUS SPOILER ALERT, MUST READ TO GIVE BOSS BATTLE SUGGS
Jou Ja will be killed during the boss battle & our friend Bo will replace him. Bo will have only 3 spells, one takes 6 min to charge and does 5k dmg n some other stuff...

Also check all these damn triggers... Just for map 4... Gotta be like 100+:nw::nw:

Edit--- Counted theres about 86 triggers ZOMG...

Level 5
when am i getting added in -.- and what kind of a name is bo? is it another anime looking character if it is im going to shoot something. :eek:

ur dp scares me... ur like a 14 year old guy and u like anime chicks it scares me no offence.

• Angry
Reactions: Rui
Level 4
Yeah, you almost cancelled the project.
OK, boss suggestion: if Jou Ja must get.... then boss battle can be like this:
Battling with the MK hand for like 5 mins, then cinematic where it releases some horrible power on Yayoi, and Jou Ja jumps to save him/her. OK?

{EDIT}
I tested CH4 now... Problems:
Some triggers show up twice, they don't get turned off.(like panda)
My 3 skeletons' riddle was the strangest thing ever.
Cinematic doesn't end after Yayoi says "Maby." It prevented me from playing further.

Two things that impressed me:
Atmosphere. It changes every second.

And something that no map, except "Silent Hill: Forgotten" has done:
-PLAYING WITH PLAYER'S MIND. Those voices, sounds, strange dialogues, ghosts... it made my blood turn into ice...

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

I fixed a few of the problems. Still working on others.

Fixed;
Three ghosts/shadow guys now works properly
Removed repair ability from crusier
Fixed the part where the game ends at maby...

Level 14
I have done the terraining, i wait for Yayoi to do the Starting triggers, then i will continue, ch5 will be epic!Btw it will be a map that you play only with Halsad right?Cause its gonna be dungeon(forest style with fog) like map, so it will be nice.Or do you want me to continue with the terrain of the stage after the Golem fight?Narrator, what do you think? D:

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Ill make it the "opening" to ch5 so it will be 4.5 .

BTW, just got stuck on the boss fight, how do i make him cast a spell/ability with triggers?

(Searches through a lot of triggers couldn't find the one that does that...)

Level 14
What do you mean the oppening of CH5?Aha, i got it, maybe make at like the Cairne+Thrall quest for the Oracel, for a sec u use Halsad, and then u use Narrator+Yayoi, then Again Halsad, and the u find teh other 2, then you see the giant fly thingy, Bossfight and then you continue the stage normaly.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Yeah, if i remember that level (yeah i quit after the first half lol was to hard...) I could probably do something like that. The forest would need to be 4x the size & a lot hill/clifferer... Hmm... just gotta think how i'll set the end of ch4 up to start the next map...

Anyways still gotta figure out that ability cast trigger before anything else.

CH4 Progress IIIIIIIII96%I finiched. ATM all thats left to do is the boss fight, a few more ability's & the ending cinematic for ch4. It will be completed & released for testing later today if everything go's good.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Hmm... got any suggs on how to make it more weird & strange?

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Due to the music files and custom imports the map cannot be attached to post's anymore so the link to the map will be below.

It will Not include the Erinyas boss fight :sad:. It will include everything up to the Erinyas pre-fight cinematic. Yes there are probably a few spelling mistakes, and yes I know that the commands don't shut off after their uses (I've tried to fix Bo's command glitch but I just cant fix it:cry: ...)

Test it out and give me some feedback on what needs fixing, what to add and some stuff like that...:thumbs_up:

Still working on;

Figuring out how to make units cast spells with triggers.
Making the Boss fight.
Importing hero's spells and the unit itself.
Making new spells.
Making the end cinematic for Ch4

Download Link---> http://www.mediafire.com/file/zzhzqzyymwg/The_Caves

Level 9
Okay i wil gladly help you

First, you need to know the base spell of your custom one,
for example boss base ability is shockwave. so in triggers must do this

Unit-Issue Order targeting a point.
Order "Boss" to "Orc - Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave" "Position of Yayoi"

so there he will cast the custom spell
so if you forgot the base spell of your custom one, check the box that says, String-Order/Turn off: and there will be the name of the base spell.

so your spell will appear depending on the order
if is one like shockwave use "issue order targeting a point"
if you use one like Storm Bolt use "issue order targeting a unit"
if you use one like battle roar use "issue order targeting no unit"

well thats all!
Bye

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

OK, chapter 4 is nearly finished. I think that the boss spells should work now, Im going to test in a sec...updating this post in a few.

Edit----
Tested, still figuring out how to use the game cach, so the finished release of ch4 is delayed untill tomorrow.

Rest of the campaign works as intended minus a few bugs.:thumbs_up:

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Cool, BTW. Im just gonna say ch4 is finished, im way to lazy to go figure out a bunch of gui and crap atm so lets just finish with the rest of the campaign then finish ch4 before its released.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Looks good and yeah were starting ch5

Level 4
Cool. How many chapters are planned to be?

And a suggestion: after we finish the campaign, we can make Dreamscape Chronicles campaigns, and each one will follow the story of one character! Like: Dreamscape Chronicles: Yayoi's Adventure, Dreamscape Chronicles: Rise of Narrator, Dreamscape Chronicles: Halsad's Battles...

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Yeah good idea narrator.

ATM, ive planned for there to be 6-10 maps in this campaign (not countin sequels.)

So the story needs a cliff hanger soon lol... any ideas on what should be in chapter 5?
(We've already planned for haslad to have some fightin to do.

Level 12
Cool. How many chapters are planned to be?

And a suggestion: after we finish the campaign, we can make Dreamscape Chronicles campaigns, and each one will follow the story of one character! Like: Dreamscape Chronicles: Yayoi's Adventure, Dreamscape Chronicles: Rise of Narrator, Dreamscape Chronicles: Halsad's Battles...

good idea

Level 4
I have a nice story for ch5:
It's night. Halsad is at the camp, resting with couple of his soldiers around campfire. While they are talking, camera switches to somewhere in the woods, where Halsad's scout is running away from something, injured. He arrives at the camp and before he said anything, he passes away. Then a monster appears in front of Halsad and soldiers, and battle begins... rest is Yayoi's job ;-)

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Ok.

NOTICE: Progress on the map will be slow due to the fact that im working on my mini mele race for the contest. It's over half finished so it will only be a few days untill I start on ch5 again.

Throw whatever you think should be in ch5, and/or an ending for ch4 below this post.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

---Project will not be updated here anymore made a forum for it... cant get neg rep for posting a lot now xP...

http://dreamscape.all-forum.net

Forum is ready for use, still a bit empty though. Got the main post in it working to get all ur guyse's ideas in a thread 2 so its easier to find them.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Final post in this thread.

Chapter 5 is starting production now.

Status
Not open for further replies.