1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

New ORPG - Still under construction

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Serbianbeast, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Serbianbeast

Serbianbeast

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Now that's a lot of weird happenings :S
    I never had any similar problems (and I did play it quite a few times with my friends). I'll look into it.

I think I found it:
    The replay data is from different version of Warcraft III.

You might want to update it :S It might cause bugs and stuff like that

2. The_wand_mirror

The_wand_mirror

Resources:
    Resources:
    Played it until level 18 now, didn't know how to beat the rampagor king (or whatever he is called) and well it's late as you can see from the time of my post.

Anyways it occurs to me your style is hack and slash (Also has been in Tribe Wars) and that this is kind off the same gameplay from the Bonus Campaign from Warcraft 3 TFT.

Are you going to add quests? More merchants? Interesting stuff or anything, because what it is now it's just a map with nice terrain, great systems and hack and slash fun but that doesn't really last long i think. Also the heroes seem quite overpowered and you try to compensate that with a very large number of enemies... i mean, the lizard place is seriously crowded! and then those undead slaves! =/

So any of this will in implented or will this be all there it too?

You know i only ask this because for quests, you need quest areas. And if youre making them at the end you will get narrow spaces and things put into areas that are already a little too small then intended too. Have you thought that true?

3. Serbianbeast

Serbianbeast

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes, there will be quests, but, it'll be more like large, long lasting quests, rather than wow-like million of small ones. There will be side quests ofc, but they'll mostly be related to random spawns/things around map so don't worry, it wouldn't end up being pumped up War Chasers :) It's just that I want to make zones/creeps first (making up story as I do it) so I could make save/load system as well as spells and talents so I wouldn't have to go back to it again. It's still pure hack and slash and people still like it. I can only imagine what are they going to say when they see the finished version.

4. Zenerik

Zenerik

Resources:
    Resources:
    I did use 1.21b, but actually the things does also happen in game, not only in replay. Just forget to switch it into 1.22.

All of the bug I reported in the previous post happened in game. I can guarantee you, but it's just "how dumb I am not to save a replay!" :grin:

5. Serbianbeast

Serbianbeast

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I believe it happened, but it's weird you know. Nothing like that ever happened to me or my fellow testers :S

6. Serbianbeast

Serbianbeast

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I need a suggestion: Should I replace storm seeker with a ranged spell oriented class (but unlike night archer or elementalist his spells will benefit from attack damage, attack speed and other physical upgrades as much as from spell bonuses), or should I keep it as it is, since the map size limits me from simply adding it to the map as it is.

7. Nogusta

Nogusta

Resources:
    Resources:
    I dunno, I would probably replace elementalist rofl. She's the least unique although her damage is absolutely insane. It's a close race though. Wish you could just add a new class and somehow reduce the sizes. That's my opinion anyways. Hope you don't get rid of the 3 storms and those cool wolves...I wouldn't miss storm seeker tooo much. Only his lightning bolt seems to combo with his first move at this moment. Stormbolt definitely doesn't, not too sure about 3 storms...

Btw, I played your Barbarian again and remembered why he is so awesome. I think he's the most fun at this moment cause your revenge skill makes using him like a little minigame (not to mention charge is a fun skill because you fly across the map). You have to actively press the button when the time is right. You should have more nifty skills like that.

8. Serbianbeast

Serbianbeast

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, three storms was planned to stay as it was since the new class will be lightning spell caster with skills very similar to those you saw at SS, but it would be a ranged class (still gaining benefits from attack speed damage and stuff like that)

9. Drakus

Drakus

Resources:
    Resources:
    I only joined this forum to say how good your rpg already looks in the alpha.
    I have to say that i really like the Storm Seeker, if you replace him plz keep the skills similar cause he is so much fun to play with. Most skills require the Storm Seeker to stand near your enemies anyway so ranged wouldn't be to usefull. Keep up the good work!!

regards, Drakus

10. Ancient World-GOD

Ancient World-GOD

Resources:
    Resources:
    nice map but need more system like mine

11. Serbianbeast

Serbianbeast

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Next version changes so far:
    -changed how spell penetration works: instead of reducing the resistance to all schools by it's total amount it will now reduce it by a percent (1 penetration reduces by 1% and 100 penetration by 100%, which is maximum).
    -added a new area
    -fixed bug with death knight's blood strike dot
    -fixed bug with mobs having resistances increased more than expected
    -chance to get a rare item increases with creep's level
    -reduced how strength and agility affect physical damage (reduced from 1% per point to 0.1% per point) and how intelligence affects spell damage (reduced from 1% per point to 0.1% per point) so that the PvP aspect of the game (yet to come) will be possible. On the other hand, health of mobs around the map has been reduced progressively (no change at the start of the game, 3x times less hp for the end game mobs). Since the HP of heroes will remain the same, I have also modified spells and effects that benefit from hero's maximum HP (such as item procs, Crushing Blow, Seismic Wave etc).

More to come until the version hits public

Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
  12. max_dan

max_dan

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've tried the new version and I played Night Archer.
    you write Starfall cooldown is 5 sec but I think it is only 1 sec cooldown
    check the searing arrow talent (that give fire attack). When I right click it, the explanation shaked.
    when I use elune's arrow to the last boss (abomination), sometimes the boss freezed
    you have to give more description for skill menu.
    And the last one, what is HL? starfall damage based on HL but I don't know what it is.
    Sorry for my bad english, I hope you understand

13. I)eadnerzhul

I)eadnerzhul

Resources:
    Resources:
    First and foremost, VERY good RPG. It brings me back to a time when I used to love grinding in RPGs. It ALSO brings me back to when I used to play WoW, with it's similarly-styled skills and WoW models etc. I had some good times on WoW, and this map brought them back to me.

There were some issues, however. When I was in the abilities menu as a Barbarian, it wouldn't show which ability did what, making it difficult for me to decide which skill to equip/unequip/etc. One time I used Heroic Rush in the final section of the Mines area (the one with the Mountain King), I appeared at the bottom left corner of the map. It was no issue, however, since the Barbarian can glitch to different areas using the same ability (Heroic Strike), since you can target enemies that are seperated from you by boundries.

I'm stuck at the last boss as a level 31 Tauren Barbarian (Warrior, I should say from his talents/abilities). With all my awesome armor, weapons, and trinkets, I STILL can't get past the Slave master. I think I did good, however, since I basically soloed the whole game except for the last boss. He killed me twice!

Edit: Plus rep for reminding me of my WoW days.

14. Serbianbeast

Serbianbeast

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It refers to hero level. Meaning that every skill gets stronger as you level up.

As for the I)eadnerzhul's post, well, the spell system still doesn't show you any info about the skill until you take it to your interface.
    I'm still trying to fix that heroic rush bug, it drives me crazy...
    As for the last boss... yes he can get nasty if you're playing solo. Anyway, new version is under way, and this however is and alpha and I'm still fixing stuff.

15. I)eadnerzhul

I)eadnerzhul

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh yeah, and I got raped by the Mountain King when I was playing as a Storm Seeker.

16. powerrbg

powerrbg

Resources:
    Resources:
    Last boss is quite easy.I killed with a friend and we were elementalist and archer.I wonder why last boss has no loot.......So much time for nothing...
    I played elementalist and i can say he is OP(i had some nice crits like 45k)
    and its maybe the only class that can solo last boss.This rpg is great and i wonder if there will be some mob respawn ?

17. Serbianbeast

Serbianbeast

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    In newer versions there will be more areas to clear, abomination boss will have loot and no, in this map there will be no respawn system (but other maps from this series might have it)

18. powerrbg

powerrbg

Resources:
    Resources:
    What about save/load system?

19. Serbianbeast

Serbianbeast

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, not before the map reaches beta because s/l will have to contain all the data about one character (including talents and god knows what) so it can't be implemented just yet

20. Hiude

Hiude

Resources:
    Resources:
    Potential levels over 9000! What it lacks is a different inventory system (we're all sick from the standard) and a story but hey! Scratch the last part if you want.

Another point of interest is the skills and talents. Dude, it's awesome. A tad hard to understand but awesome. Maybe make a hold-by-hand tutorial or something. Other than that, it's epic.