1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

New ORPG - Still under construction

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Serbianbeast, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Serbianbeast

Serbianbeast

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Since I noticed how many people have been talking about how good themed heroes and areas I have made, I will continue to do it that way:
    Currently I am focusing on making heroes have their own unique playstyles:
    Death knight - keeps his DOT (damage over time) style while but with addition of few single target spells that will be really handy when it comes to PvP or bosses. Besides his damage over time, he was well known for his summoned units, but now they come with a few upgrades: abilities that let you sacrifice your summoned units (to regain health and mana and deal massive damage to surrounding enemies), make them stronger or even merge your souls to become death itself

Barbarian - with new spells he will be able to use his hit points as his weapon (with abilities that deal percentage of his total or current hit points as damage), or use strength of enemies against them (defensive skills such as revenge, deflection and retaliation)

Elementalist - uses massive damage to keep enemies at long range, freeze them or even push them back with variety of new spells. In addition, I have added a few new spells that will help her fight stronger monsters or bosses with ease.

Night Archer - attacks enemies from long distances and uses evasion techniques to keep them at bay. New spells will allow him to easily kill single enemy, slow/stun/freeze enemies while approaching or push them back.

Storm Seeker - close combat caster that will be able to deal huge amounts of damage in short period of time. From next version he will be remaked:
    1st build will mostly benefit from strength (converts hp to weapon damage and spell power, focuses on melee strikes etc),
    2nd build will mostly benefit from intelligence (high amount of spell damage and spell critical strike chance as well as lots of new lightning spells)
    3rd build will benefit from agility and will be sort of a stealth hero (having wind walk, variety of talents that will increase dodge chance, critical strike chance and weapon damage based on agility as well as spells that will be disables dealing damage based on agility (which will still make them useful even if you're not going for this build)).

So this version will bring many changes but it wouldn't be done anytime soon. Comments and suggestions are welcome

2. moosenoir

moosenoir

Resources:
    Resources:
    May i ask, where do i see the talent section in each hero? I cant find it! ;D
    ________
    WATER BONG

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  3. Serbianbeast

Serbianbeast

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You mean the triggers? Well the part concerning creation, system itself and selection of the talents is in the trigger folder named Talents, but the part concerning their true purpose (effects and bonuses) is in spells and attack triggers themselves. You'll have to dig that up by yourself.

4. moosenoir

moosenoir

Resources:
    Resources:
  5. Serbianbeast

Serbianbeast

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well you get to level 10 and you get talent tree O.O :D

6. moosenoir

moosenoir

Resources:
    Resources:
  7. Serbianbeast

Serbianbeast

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well an ability, and when you click it talent tree pops up

8. Lord_of_sausage

Lord_of_sausage

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Night archers Starfall dont have a cooldown, but description says it has.

Just noticed. Looking forward for future versions :)

9. powerrbg

powerrbg

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have played over 200 rpg maps,this is one of the best.I hope you make more zones with higher lvl monsters and some hard dungeons.

10. bboy-tiger-

bboy-tiger-

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is there a PvP ? If not make it, and make it very user frendly, arenas and such things.

11. Serbianbeast

Serbianbeast

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Don't worry, I said quite a few times, this is far from done, there will be higher level areas and a PvP map (it will require a hero save code). At the moment I'm still messing with the abilities and new items/zones.

12. Nogusta

Nogusta

Resources:
    Resources:
    Keep up the great work Serbian, I've still yet to play an RPG this great. Take your time, in my opinion you don't even need to release builds.

13. carlos17acc

carlos17acc

Resources:
    Resources:
    i olso doing a ORPG but i can't do the Save / load integers

14. Serbianbeast

Serbianbeast

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Expect the next version by the end of the week.

15. RaiN.

RaiN.

Resources:
    Resources:
    Niiiiiicee

16. Vamp1re

Vamp1re

Resources:
    Resources:
    Holy shit! This map is so good to just being an alpha version. I played the Night archer and lover her. U really know how to make maps since i played Tribe Wars
    and loved it (dunno why people dont like it, its just a bit too long maybe). Never seen the talent or ability system in any map, i didnt believe it was even possible lol. Anyways, thanks for the work :)

Oh, one thing, i've noticed there is no healing class, is it going to stay like this? Another question, it was very easy to lvl since the pots/healing stones from the floor u could just spam spells. Are u planning on changin this?

Thanks mate!

17. Velmarshal

Velmarshal

Resources:
    Resources:
    The only thing I can say about this is: "Keep it up."
    And where did you get those rock models?

18. bboy-tiger-

bboy-tiger-

Resources:
    Resources:
    Would be great that you lock this topic and post link of map topic(where you can download it) coz like that, there are 2 topic being descussed at same time and diffrent place.

This should be beta ? Isnt alpha only 1st release ? A prototype.

19. Serbianbeast

Serbianbeast

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well it's considered alpha as long as it's not being finished so that it can enter beta phase of testing. Next version on it's way.

20. Zenerik

Zenerik

Resources:
    Resources:
    Last night I have a Barbarian, a Night Archer and a Elementalist. First, the Elementalist lost the 4th ability slot ( it was taken by no ability? I don't even know what the hell he did ) Then at the zombie area, the Night Archer opened the Talent Board, causing the Bar's camera to zoom really close to the Barbarian, and the Night Archer lost control ( every command icons disappeared ). The Barbarian got out by trying to move his camera, but the Night Archer couldn't. I forgot to save a replay.

Edit: At the above game, when there are only Barbarian and Elementalist facing the final boss, suddenly we lost all our abilities effectiveness. For example, Ele's P Damage reduced to 0, both's spell penetration reduced to ~ -150, Ele's spell damage on a zombie reduced to ~100.ect.

About Death Knight, here I have attached a replay. In this replay you will notice that at a later part of the game, the DK's intelligence starts changing repeatly. I did notice the changing mana pool.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009