• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Map Idea; help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi, im just posting this because I think i really have a nice map idea but my Map making skills are horrible, infact i never even made a map ( Yes i have tried but i am really not good at it ).

My map idea is called "Troll Fever" :witch_doc_sad: ( or if you guys can think of a better name sure why not ).
Its gonna be like a > Save/Load Small AoS <. :infl_thumbs_up:

Features:
> Customizable hero skill sets!
How it works
The player chooses "New Hero" and gets to pick from a small table of heroes.
Then gets to pick from a table of various skills for its Initiate skill. When the hero is created they start with this skill at Lv1.
Next they get to pick 3 abilities from a table filled with all Non-Passive skills.
After they get to pick their 1 passive skill and then they choose their Ultimate

The choices of abilities differ from the hero type. Ex. Troll headhunter will have a different table of abilities from Troll Berserker and 2 Headhunters will have a good chance of differing each other as well. Based on the abilities chosen by the player
> Save and Load!
How it works
When map initilization is completed the player gets to choose to create a New hero or Load a hero.
Heroes can be only saved after the game, the player is given time after the "game" to save their heroes or even play a small minigame.
( a possible way to decrease amount of leavers? )
> Award Points!
How it works
An Award points system will be implemented. The award point system works like this; the remaining players of the winning team will receive 1 lumber. Lumbers are savable/loadable and can be accumulated game-breaking items.

Q: What the heck is gold for then?
A: Gold is a non-savable resource in "Troll fever." Gold can be used to buy non-game breaking items in the game that is only good for that game. This non-game breaking items consist of 1 effect items for example X+ damage or X+ stats. Some of these items may also be required to make a Game-Breaking item.
> Newbie Friendly system
How it works
The host is given a choice to set a newb friendly aid. The host will determine a level ( for example -lvl10 ) and every player who is below that level is given the "New Player buff". This buff will reduce all incoming damage to the player by a percentage ( ex. 66% ) and increase their exp rate by a percentage ( ex 33 % ). The buff will wear off once the hero exceeds the level determined by the host.
To prevent abuse the determined number cant exceed... lets say level 15.
More Info:
> Lane, Creeps, ETC.
How it works
Basicly this game wont focus on laning. It would be made of ONE lane (not sure how it should be designed yet) and it would surrounded by a deep vast forest filled with creeps. Jungling will provide more exp and gold but it is more dangerous. You do not have the luxury of having disposable bodies to shield the damage while you kill.

It is recommended to go as a team because teamwork is always a plus and its safer. BUT going as a team does mean you have to split the experience and you might not always get the kill so soloing does have its benefits.

:spell_breaker: I can always add more info and so on if I see that people are interested on helping me out on this and its kinda getting late.

I hope you guys like the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.