1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[JASS] New Language - Discussion

Discussion in 'Triggers & Scripts' started by thelifelessone, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Bribe

Bribe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Why don't you just call a custom function called "looping" which takes an endloop integer and takes the desired function to call for the loop?

2. Mooglefrooglian

Mooglefrooglian

Resources:
    Resources:
    Make it auto require other libraries so you dont have to.

Also, parsing in python? I wrote a python script that implements pyJass for me (still currently using it :D). It allows you to use : after every single keyword, such as library, if, etc. It then will consider everything one indent in part of the block and close it off. It requires cJass for some things as I recall, but whatever. Its a good thing to help you get started.

I'll attach it. But seriously, do use C/C++. Python is an extra thing people have to install, while a compiled C/C++ binary should work on pretty much all Windows systems and leaves the option for Linux to compile themselves.

I have C++ code that can extract a maps script as well, if needed.

I am also going to be replicating this project most likely for SC2 just as a fun project, especially if this one has some features I dislike.

Attached Files:

3. thelifelessone

thelifelessone

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    Well, I was going to do it in Python since it's easier. I only went to C++ because I couldn't find anything.

However, do you mind if I try to base it off of your source? I'd give you full credits, of course.

4. Mooglefrooglian

Mooglefrooglian

Resources:
    Resources:
    I dont want credits, just use it if you want. Really though, its not the best example of a python parser. Was just an example of one method.

Do whatever you want though. But I'm not about to fix any bugs you find on it unless they begin to trouble me personally, nor explain much.