• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Environment Model Series WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
Hello.

In the past I have almost exclusively made attachment models.
I have been very inactive lately but I just caught an interest for making environment models so I decided to start an environment model series and I think I will only aim for in-game textures.

Terrain Elevation

The first WIP I have is a terrain elevation fit for the ashenvale tileset.
The blizzard cliffs are dull and rarely used in multiplayer maps as you can't have that many different cliff types in the same map.
Therefore I see use in this kind of model to spice up cliffs a bit.

attachment.php

Alternatively you can use it for small "islands" in lakes or rivers as the next picture illustrates.
attachment.php

Here is another variation that works better with higher cliffs.
attachment.php

attachment.php

An uprooted ground model
attachment.php

attachment.php

Cave

This model can be useful for making entrances to dungeons and caves.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Hole

A fun element in RPG's is entrances to dangerous areas that you can not directly exit through. With this model you can make a drop down entrance to an underground area.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Improved trees

I will make new tree models with the feel of the Blizzard style. In the pictures below you can see a regular ashenvale tree compared to the new one I made. More variations are in progress.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Feel free to contribute with feedback and propositions to what more I should do.

Attachments

• Ele.png
    Ele.png
    3 MB · Views: 685
  • ele2.png
    ele2.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 550
  • tree1.png
    tree1.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 449
  • tree2.png
    tree2.png
    325.7 KB · Views: 457
  • ele3.png
    ele3.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 535
  • ele4.png
    ele4.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 529
  • cave.png
    cave.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 490
  • cave2.png
    cave2.png
    629.1 KB · Views: 458
  • hole.png
    hole.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 483
  • hole2.png
    hole2.png
    442.5 KB · Views: 486
  • uproot.png
    uproot.png
    3 MB · Views: 554
  • uproot2.png
    uproot2.png
    902.2 KB · Views: 487
Last edited:
Level 30
Oh, nice. Do you plan on sticking with existing Wc3 textures or will you upgrade to higher-rez ones? Something like Hybris Factory.

I would love to work with more high-res textures but it's far beyond me. I am not a good 2d-artist but if someone would like to texture for my models I would welcome it.

In that case I would make a low-poly variant with in-game textures as well as a high-poly variant with custom textures for every model.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Cool models!

As for the caves and holes, what do you think about using a gradient for a fluent passage instead of hard layers ?
Maybe try to see if Textures\grad1A.blp fits. I could imagine it looks a lot better.

RedLord

R

RedLord

It looks nice... Good and Useful :)

But can you please upload it right now? :(:(

I can't wait so I do a replica... of hole... XDD

Attachments

• upload_2016-7-16_11-44-12.png
    upload_2016-7-16_11-44-12.png
    487.9 KB · Views: 61
Level 14
Dude these cliffs and holes look amazing! I could really use them pretty well, are you going to share them soon? :D I especially like the "An uprooted ground model", reminds me of nintendo games somehow.

Anyway, great job!

RedLord

R

RedLord

NO, NO, NO, Dude! Its ok. XD

I'm just excited... But Dude, Goodluck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.