New Content Discussion [SPOILER]

Level 13
Please share Forged in Iron and Blood strategies please. I feel incredibly stupid now after recording an hour on it and making zero progress. Considering all of the nightmare maps of this act in particular, I feel especially lame being stuck on this one and not the more notorious ones which have been fine for me thus far.

To be a little clearer, I guess I'm a little confused at how it seems like a bunch of you all played this and gave thumbs up, which makes me think I've become extra bad these days or am somehow accidentally playing on Hard.

First, the briefing/intro tells you two things that turn out to be blatantly misleading. 1) Red will attack you, which IMPLIES the other two won't since one is remarked on as having a strong defense and the other having the special towers and otherwise weak army (she doesn't though because Hydromancers that the AI can build endlessly for free is busted). As such, I went for Red first because they're the offensive one, right? WRONG, they all are. 2) Don't destroy production, wink wink nudge nudge, except after being misled by the intro already I'm starting to think that maybe I need to just destroy the production structures, so that I'm not deep in enemy territory and they are spamming out 50 supply at a time between me and potential reinforcements.

Second, the Merc compounds needing a unit near them and being unable to set rallies is unnecessary. Faction colors are already inconsistent from mission to mission. In this one already, Coast Guard and Royal Army are all Ironfist faction, so Jadira's thing does not need to be Yellow or that specific type of building because it disallows hotkeying and rallying. Make them rescuable and therefore more usable. There's not really a good reason to have no altar either IMO.

Basically, this map gives a lot of mixed messages to a blind playthrough and I spent A LOT of time being mostly confused, getting close to a boss, getting surrounded and overwhelmed by AI bases with 20 production structures stacked with another base's attack wave, and reloading to do it again a few times. I gave up on Red but found the generator and went for Teal instead where the results were exactly the same. I didn't reinforce much but I tried to do that more in a try off camera and they just got trapped between my army and the AI spam rebuilding. Maybe I should semi-AFK to farm up cash from attack waves? The only other playthrough I can find is someone who uses cheats. What am I missing here and am I the first person to bring up concerns on this one? This is why I feel like maybe I'm going crazy.

Last edited:
Level 13
I think the lack of Siege damage makes any strat that involves crippling their production is impossible, and the lack of Gold Mine makes turtling also impossible. So here's how I did the level on Hard, if you don't mind using cheese strat.

• So, the plan is, we need to kill the filthy Hydro spammer and Knight spammer first. For that, we need Larine's Shadow Cloak at LV3, which means Larine needs to hit LV8. Do that by farming pre-placed Marauders around the map. Also, near the first Merc Camp are two crates, which contain an Ankh and a Healing Scroll, can be useful later on.
  • Now, we do the math. Shadow Cloak lasts 40s and costs 85 mana. LV8 Larine has 35 Intelligence, so she regenerates about 1.75 mana/s or 70 mana/40s, which is not enough to spam Shadow Cloak. So that's why we need this item:

WC3ScrnShot_080622_154958_01.png

WC3ScrnShot_080622_155013_03.png

• The Sobi Mask is dropped from the Berserk Elemental, tucked far away from our starting point. Now you can use this to kill Elrin, or even Mirage once in a while to quicken the process. Same with Korbaz, but you have to snipe the two Chaplains first, and keep Larine at max range, so that Korbaz's Storm Bolt can't hit her before she enters stealth.
  • Remember to grab the Hoe from the neutral Gardener, just to the right of Korbaz. Unique item is nice.
  • Woras is an asshole, however, with LV3 Regen Aura so this won't work. Instead, we can go for a more direct approach. Grab about 20-ish units and pull out units from his base, then leave a few behind, while the rest press on. Every time his bullshit production overwhelms you, just leave a unit or two behind to buy time.
  • Use everything on Woras. Lightning Bolt, Blizzard, Mirage, Hawk, etc,... until he dies. You can see that my Cora dies here, so that's where the extra Ankh comes in handy.
    WC3ScrnShot_080622_153624_05.png
  • Now pull back to Elrin's base and enjoy an easy win.

Level 15
Please share Forged in Iron and Blood strategies please. I feel incredibly stupid now after recording an hour on it and making zero progress. Considering all of the nightmare maps of this act in particular, I feel especially lame being stuck on this one and not the more notorious ones which have been fine for me thus far.

To be a little clearer, I guess I'm a little confused at how it seems like a bunch of you all played this and gave thumbs up, which makes me think I've become extra bad these days or am somehow accidentally playing on Hard.

First, the briefing/intro tells you two things that turn out to be blatantly misleading. 1) Red will attack you, which IMPLIES the other two won't since one is remarked on as having a strong defense and the other having the special towers and otherwise weak army (she doesn't though because Hydromancers that the AI can build endlessly for free is busted). As such, I went for Red first because they're the offensive one, right? WRONG, they all are. 2) Don't destroy production, wink wink nudge nudge, except after being misled by the intro already I'm starting to think that maybe I need to just destroy the production structures, so that I'm not deep in enemy territory and they are spamming out 50 supply at a time between me and potential reinforcements.

Second, the Merc compounds needing a unit near them and being unable to set rallies is unnecessary. Faction colors are already inconsistent from mission to mission. In this one already, Coast Guard and Royal Army are all Ironfist faction, so Jadira's thing does not need to be Yellow or that specific type of building because it disallows hotkeying and rallying. Make them rescuable and therefore more usable. There's not really a good reason to have no altar either IMO.

Basically, this map gives a lot of mixed messages to a blind playthrough and I spent A LOT of time being mostly confused, getting close to a boss, getting surrounded and overwhelmed by AI bases with 20 production structures stacked with another base's attack wave, and reloading to do it again a few times. I gave up on Red but found the generator and went for Teal instead where the results were exactly the same. I didn't reinforce much but I tried to do that more in a try off camera and they just got trapped between my army and the AI spam rebuilding. Maybe I should semi-AFK to farm up cash from attack waves? The only other playthrough I can find is someone who uses cheats. What am I missing here and am I the first person to bring up concerns on this one? This is why I feel like maybe I'm going crazy.
Leave Woras' base for the last. Korbaz -> Elrin -> Woras and make sure to pull back to Elrin's base when Whitefield comes, because defending there will be easier, than in the other bases. Also, use Executors, they are infinitely better than Knights. You don't actually need a real unit next to the mercenary camp, you can just send Larine's hawk.

Level 4

I know im kinda late but still I hope my advice could be of help as i've been in a similar scenario.
Basically, they way i see it you have to try and focus down the leaders as once they die, the whole enemy base gets under your control and the defenders ... well they just disapper. This very fact justifies suicide charges, as Korbaz and Elrin are fairly fragile. You have to breach the base, and then keep moving deeper into the enemy base and target fire the hero-owner. Surely you would have to use a few units as your rearguard to keep the enemy reinforcements at bay so you can finish your job. Once you get at least one of them down it gets much easier.
Woras' base on the hand is hell. Cant even recall how I got it. Probably used the strategy above until it magically worked, but hey, it got the job done.
Hope this helps.

Level 13
Basically, they way i see it you have to try and focus down the leaders as once they die, the whole enemy base gets under your control and the defenders ... well they just disapper.
Instead of teleporting or retreating, they just excuse themselves from reality. Weird, but funny.

A plausible explanation can be that they are routed into the Ironfist buildings to later be used as expandable reserve troops.

Level 5
Possible theory, I think we can expect a civil war between the orcs if Amari is made warchief. During SOB, Sas wanted to coup Amari being a choice for a new chief since it would change their traditions. But Sas was alone and nobody backed him up even Grozfag. And now we see that Destroyer is alive and Gorthog and possible Ephrog (if he survives) would probably deny the ascension of Amari to new warchief and side with Sas instead creating civil war before the formation of the new tribal dominion. Possibly Gorthog's new allies of course.

Level 6
there could for sure be a breif civil war but with no doubts amari would emerge the victor i do find their treachy to just grab up a bunch of factions for the new alliances miltary to be funny ahaha we will ensure she fails by making her alliance even stronger! also if they do do a civil war it would allow amari to slaughter all the leaders of their factions and install her own choices to lead them.

As well I just finished up to the currently out content my main thoughts would be I kind of agree with Jay about the merc camp mission its cool and new but Kinda janky since you really have no idea how to approach it as a player maybe some more starting vison since larine scouted out the region before we got there after all also on the killed leaders units dispersing maybe a debuff to weaken the troops but not despawn them since killing them for gold is very important. I personally didn't like having to micro through a bunch of buildings I shouldn't kill with infinitely spawning units but I do accept that as normal Arkain difficulty jank.

I do say for the rescue Gardon mission you should get Claire as a unique unit that can be revived by the alter, I mean we got that mechanic with herdon ferdon and the third guy. seems weird to see Claire's model in game and not have her fight with your army. as well I think the elites you train should have access to the ironist regen ability's its just seems very strange that they dont.

Addtionally I really think the random 100 pop farms that spawn armies in End of an uprising seems incredibly placeholder attm i think maybe having even a barracks labeled militia recruitment centers or something would be better or commander units instead of random farms. Also destroyers I dont think i could justify using them at 12 pop maybe thats just me since they have cheese poteinal in some missions im sure i just dont think i could justify 1 destroyer over 3 catapults or 2 golems+a caster for siege uses.

I also dont know what's planned but I would be a big supporter of giving us elven units when we fight for the elven capital highlighting that its a civil war added by the iron fist not just an Iron fist invasion outright.

PS. Claire thing again its my biggest want/gripe!