• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New BUG Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
The bug I call it “twins” .
When the loading picture done ,before the inn light ,you keyboard your code as fast as you can .you can get your code hero ,but the evil spirit still there ,it mean you stillcan pick one hero .
And then ,when you pick it .the code hero won’t disappear .
It means you can both control two hero by one player . But it’s totally different with using the program to control do it .
If you use the program to do it ,at the left corner ,the order of the hero should be “hero head ,equipment bag ,material bag ,and hero head” .that’s means use the program to control two hero by one player .
But this bug ,the order of hero is “hero head , hero head ,equipment bag ,material bag ” .
Which means ,the two hero is one hero .if one hero dead ,the other dead .
Then when you save .the the name of saving data in the war3 program ,is the pick hero ,not the code one .
After you read the saved code ,you can get the hero in level one ,but it’s have all the equipment and mana crystal and gold ,because all of this belong to past code hero .
It means use this bug can remove all the data from old code to new code .

When I do the squire quest .the second one is magic boss .
At the beginning og battle ,I shield slum fastly and after that use hating strike .The boss showing numb and don not move any more .just like coma .
Maybe it’s not the frequently happen ,I think .

----by chinese player wushuang

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
The bug I call it “twins” .
When the loading picture done ,before the inn light ,you keyboard your code as fast as you can .you can get your code hero ,but the evil spirit still there ,it mean you stillcan pick one hero .
And then ,when you pick it .the code hero won’t disappear .
It means you can both control two hero by one player . But it’s totally different with using the program to control do it .
If you use the program to do it ,at the left corner ,the order of the hero should be “hero head ,equipment bag ,material bag ,and hero head” .that’s means use the program to control two hero by one player .
But this bug ,the order of hero is “hero head , hero head ,equipment bag ,material bag ” .
Which means ,the two hero is one hero .if one hero dead ,the other dead .
Then when you save .the the name of saving data in the war3 program ,is the pick hero ,not the code one .
After you read the saved code ,you can get the hero in level one ,but it’s have all the equipment and mana crystal and gold ,because all of this belong to past code hero .
It means use this bug can remove all the data from old code to new code .

When I do the squire quest .the second one is magic boss .
At the beginning og battle ,I shield slum fastly and after that use hating strike .The boss showing numb and don not move any more .just like coma .
Maybe it’s not the frequently happen ,I think .

----by chinese player wushuang
Thanks for reporting. Gonna investigate that.

Level 6
ah yes about the twins bug i got curios and tryed it myself
kind of funny but yea you can have 2 heros

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Please remember that doing this might lead to serious bugs in the gameplay, as only one of the created heroes actually has the specific internal player hero variable assigned. Some skills might be affected, such as boss encounters and other scripts.
I highly recommend not doing this or you might heavily screw up your game (and might be forced to remake at some point)!

Level 3
We found the BUG but didn't tell anyone other and never use it in the game.
I'll remember your advice Mr.Z.
Hope all in the game would be better and better.

Status
Not open for further replies.