• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need Testers and Trigger Experts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Tower defense needs balancing for enemies and towers.
Trigger issue causes game to slow sometimes, idk and can't fix.
I'm a total noob at map making but I worked very hard revamping this old TD.
Please try it if nothing else, I would love feedback. Thank you for your consideration.

Attachments

• Nintendo TD v8.4 beta Solo.w3x
    13.9 MB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Level 2
I managed to fix the slow down by removing all dummy units every 5 seconds of the game.
I need help but I can get it done by myself eventually.

Level 2
removing it every 5 seconds? How about removing them whenever you are done with them?

being good at warcraft 3 map making is learning to keep your toys. the game won't keep your toys automatically, you know.

That's already in place but it wasn't working, this is.

I have another problem. When too many enemies are in play they move then stop and wait then move again.

When theres only 2-3 spawns they move normal, when theres more enemies from 8 spawns they start moving slower. like, they move normal speed but they stop and start like theyre waiting for something to catch up.
I attached some screenshots of what I mean. Reducing the number of enemies would require re balancing of everything and the number it's at is good so I'd hate to have to change it.

I'm reading up on it and am wondering if splitting the enemies up among other player ownerships would fix the pathing?

Edit: okay I fixed that problem for now, I have a problem now of air units bunching up because they are triggered to spawn at the center of a region but the ground units don't have the same problem. any ideas?

Attachments

• wc3 screens.png
    wc3 screens.png
    9.1 MB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.