• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need spell ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
yep =} i will completelly remove Fog of War and only use terrain light as guidance to the players. This way you can see your enemies between the trees, and also makes you harder to se if you are not moving. Stealth will be more than ever, an important factor.

during the night it will be dark, inside caves and indoors at night will be VERY dark.

lol i thought the missile would hit you no matter how far how many turns you made ??

what do you mean by "turns"?

Level 12
as soon as i find a good map protecting tool (don't get me wrong, plz) i'll send you the map so you can see how it is going =)

at night is very good to hide behind trees and bushes. during the day, not so much, but you can still try to hide behind trees.

Level 1
Simple.

I once made a passive spell based on inmolation called "Aura of Pain".

Note: The best internal icon for it is the one used for Aura of Blight.

Level 8
so we start the idea war again....ANYWAY
Oil Dance
as the hero starts to dance he starts to throw out oil which acts like a smoke screen any enemy caught in the oil will have reduced accuracy and the hero will have x% increase in movement speed and evasion all effect will be canceled once they left the oil

Last edited:
Level 4
1. Clone Strike
The hero summons X clones moving to the targeted position, dealing damage to all enemy units in its path.

2. Reversal Void
The hero summons a Void God. The Void god will then start draining mana from X random units nearby for X seconds. The Void God will then reverse the mana dealing the mana drained in damage to all nearby enemy units.

3. Flashover
The hero creates a tiny flame. The flame will then burst into a huge inferno, dealing X damage to all nearby enemy units.

4. Force Orb
The hero throws a orb at the targeted location, pulling all nearby units to its centre for X seconds.

5. Mirror Shuriken
The hero throws a shuriken at the targeted position. It will deal X damage to all nearby enemy units, but the user may also switch place with the shuriken.

6. Hail Trap
The hero plants a invisible mine at the targeted position, releasing a hale of razor sharp metal pieces, dealing damage to all nearby enemy units if they get close enough.

7. Shadow Backdash
The hero quickly moves backward, creating X clones on its way.

That's all i got so far :p

Last edited:
Level 10
One of my favorite very simple spells I've used in the past is a flame circle.

You simply make a copy of a pathing blocker and set its model to be a flame. When the unit casts the spell you create a circle around the caster using the pathing blockers. The result is a small circular arena that keeps outside units out and inside units in.

Very simple I know, but the visual effect is fantastic (and its also great for capturing units before they run away, keeping a boss focused on the tank, and ganking enemy heroes in pvp)

Level 6
Not sure if it's said already,

You could make a spell that makes an illusion that moves around and fires non damaging (illusion) arrows. (Either self moving and random shooting or controlable, up to you).

The hero may at any time swap position with the illusion, destroying the illusion.

Not sure if it fits your map, but I like this spell :)

Good luck
-Sinizi

Status
Not open for further replies.