1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Need help with abilities/triggers

Discussion in 'Triggers & Scripts' started by v3Bu, Oct 25, 2007.

1. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The dumy thing is a unit you make... which you edit to fit your needs.. often it is a unit with the ability (which name I for some wierd reson just forgot) that makes it unselectable... and with a model from a spell or similar.. so you can make it move or so... It can also be a invisble or a copy model of the real model, which has an other attack with a fast attack speed, to make it look like the real unit is doing some special move...

2. v3Bu

v3Bu

Resources:
    Resources:
    OK well now I have the dummy unit, the real unit and triggers

Event
    -unit starts the effect of an ability
    Condition
    -ability been cast equal to *what should i put here*
    Actions
    -unit - create 1 dummycaster for Owner of triggering unit at position of triggering unit facing *same direction as the real unit, how to do it*
    -unit - order last created unit to *what should I put here*
    -unit - remove last created unit

I have a skill which acts as spammable normal attack(nontarget). When you press it the unit swungs his sword and damages everyone infront of him. Problem is I dont want that he stops if I press the skill while moving. Thats why I need a dummy caster to cast it instead. So I could move and slice and dice at the same time.( Im going to make a custom animation that the unit walks and attacks at the same time). Understandable`? Good.. well what should I do?

What should be the base ability for this skill (this is the skill dummy unit has)
    What should be the skill for the real unit (this doesnt matter so much, does it?, but whats the best skill for this use)

If there is something that should be made differently tell me please.

3. Just_Spectating

Just_Spectating

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    for the real unit use channel, and make sure you make the options visible

4. v3Bu

v3Bu

Resources:
    Resources:
    And what does this exactly mean?//Edit : ok found that visible thing stuff..-.- that didnt really help me.

More information please. I need to get this stuff working.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2007
  5. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Btw: the needed ability for Dummy unit to make it unselectable is Locust.. :smile:

Not channel as that would means he stand still... the idea is making him appear to be moving.... (If your gonna make an animation where he is running and attacking on same time then hide the caster, and place the dummy at his position, then order the dummy unit to move to posistion of caster (where the new animation is set to move anim (every 0.5 second, make it in seperate trigger)), but you also need a trigger damageing people around the caster (make unit damage area (condition: add so the caster isnt damaged (tell if trigger needed))) Oaky I gotta show a trigger kinda hard to explain.

Well the base skill (ability would be correct name) you should use... hmmm actualy doesnt matter, just important that it isnt passive and that it is targeted.... :grin:

For the real unit... well thats the base ability... (nonepassive, targeted or if you want him to just use it and then control him around, then you need make it nonpassive nontargeted so you can click him around...)

Just gotta how in pic.. to lazy to write it all...:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BTW.. Notice the base shouldnt be roar (as I used) unless you want to jsut make him run in some random direction or similar... For this to work you need a spell that can target ground (which is where he will run too)

Also remember, that you cant interubt this spell, it can be changed to allow it, but didnt do so in this.)

And! For this to be MUI you need to add locals, just read in trigger totorial forum -> Multi intantable spell making tutorial (was agian to lazy to write it down.. but it is very simpel to do, if you need help with it just ask...) :cool:

6. v3Bu

v3Bu

Resources:
    Resources:
    OMG thanks for all this info... but i still couldnt get it to work as I wanted. I included my tryes at this post.

asdfasdf.w3x has the things you explained
    gathered...w3x has the attack spell I want to use for the dummy.

Could you check this out, make it work and post the map in this thread, you would help my project (asian clans) a lot.

I want that when I use the attack spell I can chop people(infront of me) while I move around. I dont want the attack spell to be targeted. It must be just casted.

MAyby check this video so you get the point what I mean. You cant actually move and smash at the same time in ninja gaiden, becouse it makes an animation to make the combat look realistic, but I want to make it simplier so you can move around and slice people.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJOUyHM3gik.

Your effort is very appreciated.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2007
  7. v3Bu

v3Bu

Resources:
    Resources:
    up we go...

help anyone?

8. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ya I will take a look at it, in 30 min or so..