• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help, the avatar ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
hey there, i modified the avatar ability to fit my needs.
Now, there's one slight problem, i cannot find the string to change the growth of the unit when the ability is used.

The units i'm using are rather small, i set the scaling value to 0.5.
The scaling for avatar is 1.5, if i'm right.
Where can i change this value? (to 0.75)

Thanks in advance,
Angelusz

Level 11
I'm not sure but I have the feeling that you may change the "Stats- Area of Effect" ability. It says how much the unit should grow. In this case, it grows by 50%. To make it shrink decrease it. Well, I'm not really sure, but I have the feeling that THIS is the field. I didn't test it so... Sorry if it doesn't work.

Level 7
this exact problem crossed my mind as soon I tried to do an avatar based spell in the 1.17 patch - because I was able to do it easy in prev. version, where they actually had a scalingfactor designated to the spell - and I couldn't find it this other time :shock: oh yes I'm quite sure of this!
And you could set the "true" and "false" values of the unit to be invulnerable to magic

but - couldn't you just do the scaling with a trigger - I believe you can see the duration for scaling if you choose the MK with the object editor and watches actions in the window below the map preview - add that duration to you trigger when you downscale it to normal - then you can allways further downscale it

Level 9
Well, since i found myself unable to get it to work with avatar, i decided to give metamorphosis a try.

Now, it seems metamorphosis won't work with custom created units, so i'll have to change some triggers here and there to get it to work, but this should do about the same.

Level 9
none of that seemed to work, so i gave up, and turned another lane.
The ability is now a variant on the night elves' poison attack.

Problem though, i made an upgrade, and an ability.
When the upgrade is done, it should increase the ability's level by one. yet, it does not.
I modified an existing upgrade, and ability, so this has nothing to do with either being custom.
Also, i already have an ability which gets higher as you buy the upgrades for it, and that one does work.
Between the two i can find no differences.
What could be my problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.