• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Need Help on making a charge up skill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Can anyone make me a GUI trigger charge up skill template(kinda like Ezalor's Illuminate) I already downloaded two spells referring on this kind of spell. One of them has good animations, fitting concept(gathering light) but it doesnt work properly on me while the other one works but the concept(draining mana for damage) doesnt fit to my hero(which is light-based). Because they are both confusing, i dont know what to do to fix them. So i am asking for your help on making me a trigger template of the skill which is easy to understand and edit. I want the spell to work like this.

DAMAGE: The damage depends on how long you will charge the skill. The longer you charge the skill, the higher the damage it will deal.

ANIMATION: Light particles gather in his hand(referring to bloodmage model) while he is charging. A wisp-like ball also grow in his hands.

As much as possible the skill is Multi-instanceable. i'm making a multiplayer map. Hope anyone can help me here.

Level 6
Hmm, first off you need as many levels as you want of the same ability. So, go make all these levels and it's probably easier if you don't make them hero abilities.

Once you've done this we need to make the actual ability which is gonna be a pain in the...

Wish I had WE with me on this comp =/ here's to my try, I think you'll find what I mean.

Make sure the wispy thing and the ability things have no MS and is unselectable (give it locust)

Unit - Unit equal to (hero) begins casting an ability equal to (the ability).
Conditions - None?
Actions - Change movespeed of (triggering unit) to 0.
- Spawn 1 (wispy thing) at (triggering unit).
- (Triggering Unit) play animation channel.
- Spawn 1 (level 1 ability unit) at (triggering unit)
- Wait x seconds.
- Remove last spawned. (err - can we improve upon this?)
- Spawn 1 (level 2 ability unit) at (triggering unit)
- Wait x seconds.
- Spawn 1 (level 3 ability unit) at (triggering unit)
- Wait x seconds.
- Spawn 1 (level 4 ability unit) at (triggering unit)
- Wait x seconds.
- Spawn 1 (level 5 ability unit) at (triggering unit)

(You get the idea?)

- Give (level 5 ability unit guy) spell order of (ability) in direction of (triggering unit).

Hehe I just realised the entire basis of my theory is destroyed :p. I'll work on it when I have WE, and out of curiosity do you have WEU?

Status
Not open for further replies.