• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Need help on creating GUI Trigger for Riding skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I'm currently working on a hero. The hero is called Mechanist. He has the priviledge to obtain and ride a Guardian Armor Unit or G.A.U.. I first used the Dismount, Mount Hyppogryph, and Pick Up Archer as the base skills but it ends up that the hero always die everytime it rides the G.A.U. and a new hero and G.A.U. is created everytime i use the Dismount skill.

So i decided to use triggers. So far i am using the Load/Unload skills of ships. And i am using Game caches to store the hero and the G.A.U. My plan was:

Mechanist + G.A.U.(unriden) = G.A.U.(riden)

So i use two models of G.A.U. The reason why i created two different G.A.U is because i want the Unriden G.A.U. Unable to move and attack when there is no pilot riding it(so it means that the G.A.U.(unriden) has a disabled attack and 0 movement speed).

I manage to do the Assemble[Mechanist + G.A.U.(unriden) = G.A.U.(riden)] and Disassemble[G.A.U.(riden) = Mechanist & G.A.U.(Unriden)] thing that i want to do. The main problem is that i always create a new G.A.U(riden) everytime i unride the Mechanist from it. I want to happen that everytime i unride the Mechanist from the G.A.U.(riden), it will still maintain its item, current hp, level etc. from the time when i have riden/loaded him to the G.A.U.(unriden). Take note that i want this to apply to the G.A.U.(riden and unriden) because they also have their own inventories. So now i'm asking for any Trigger template for this kind of skill. Your help is highly appreciated.

NOTE: If possible i want the trigger MUI. ^^

Level 29
There is probably a easier way, but you can make a Unriden GAU and Riden GAU and put it somewhere the player can't see, then whenever you want to switch you can do replace Unriden GAU with Riden GAU with Unriden GAU's Life/Mana and move all items from the Riden to the Unriden.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Level 6
yeah i have used the replace stuff. Now my only problem is when the "pilot" unrides the GAU. I want that when the rider leaves the the riden GAU, it will change to an unriden GAU making it useless. I manage to do that everytime Riden GAU casts the "Unride Mechanist" on a targeted point. The other problem that occured is when the player clicks the picture of the mechanist, it will automatically unloaded, but the GAU remains to be RIden GAU. There is no event that says "A unit is unloaded from a transport". Any idea on how can resolve this?

Level 29
  • Whatever
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.10 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Merchanist) is loaded into GAU_Loaded <gen>) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Do nothing
        • Else - Actions
          • Set GAU_Loc = (Position of (GAU_Loaded))
          • Unit - Set life of (GAU_Unloaded) to (Life of (GAU_Loaded))
          • Unit - Set mana of (GAU_Unloaded) to (Percentage mana of (GAU_Loaded))%
          • Unit - Move (GAU_Loaded) instantly to (Position of (GAU_Unloaded)), facing (Facing of (GAU_Loaded)) degrees
          • Unit - Move (GAU_Unloaded) instantly to GAU_Loc, facing (Facing of (GAU_Loaded)) degrees
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_GAU_Loc )
I think this should do the job, didn't check it though so try it.
Oh, and I don't think the GAU_Loc will work with the [ _ ] in real...
And for some reason can't do Units Mana and not Precentage of Mana.

Level 6
wait, you could always make the G.A.U. be able to load your hero. you could use the Orc Burrow abilities

Yah. I used the Loading skill. Then everytime the mechanist is loaded to the G.A.U., a Bear form based skill is added which i named Activate G.A.U. so i can solve the replacing issue. ^^ I'm just fixing a few bugs.

Level 6
You can do this trigger wise or the easier way, using the Mount Hippogryph Ability. Also check Pickup Archer ability since that has the other Data.

Actually that's the first skills that i used as base skills. The problem is the hero is kept dying everytime i use the skill. So i switch to Load skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.