• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help getting these to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
a friend of mine said do whatever i like with this map including the models i have tried to get the models out by using the model editor because its a campaign and there is no other way to open it and get the models

the models dont work for me i dont know what im missing though

i have some of the models and textures can some one help by extracting/exporting the textures and models via model editor

whom so can get these models to work in the editor and in game PM me a link the file with everything required from buildings to units is all i need

oh and another thing dont tell anyone about the models because they are a surprise that i will upload to the hive and if you tell you will ruin the surprise

rep will be added to whoever does this

EDIT: PM me if your up for it and i will send you a link to the campaign

You'll be needing this tool in extracting the models and all other stuff from the Map. open the map in this program and extract anything you like. Be sure you are given permission by the author of the map to do so and credits to the original creator of every model, icon, spell or skin you will be using is also required. We should be bounded by laws here dude, and that's the hive rules.

Level 5
i have deleted the old textures and models in my map because they didnt work i used the tool to get the new ones and put them in the map it still didnt work i tried other things and they didnt work either i need an expert modeler to edit these and make them palyable. either that or im missing somthing

Level 5
what does a skin look like? .sk .skin .what?

I am using everything i can find from .blp's to .mdx's i cant find skins but i found lots of icons

EDIT: i cannot continue on with this because my brain is too small to figure out the problem also im tired and its 3:57AM here i need rest

the problems i am having is that damn green and black cube i know im missing a texture or mdx because there are no variables for the models

Its actually not a problem. Just save the map then open it again, the model will show up. If same problem occurs though you have re-started the map, that model has a custom texture/skin that needs to be imported into the World Editor.

EDIT:
The texture/skin is a .blp file used be the model to take its form or whatever it looks like. Without it, a model will only appear red in-game or in WE.

Level 5
then i must be missing somthing... i have used all the Unit skins/textures/models and had no luck on finding what i am missing. hold on a second could renaming the models and textures (for easier organizing) damage the files?

EDIT: im just about done trying with these models if you think you (and by you i mean anyone) can get them to work properly renamed or not i will gladly try again

Level 5
Woooooooowwwwwww i was such a duts back then but now i finally figured out the problem... turns out there were more than 3 .mdx's and .blp's just in order to get one model to work properly these are some intense models anywho im giving rep to those who helped me if an admin sees this please delete this

Status
Not open for further replies.