• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Need Help For This System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Right now I'm trying to make a map based on the Starcraft 2 Arcade: Warships. Well, some may think it's impossible but it's not bad to try since you know, triggers.

Here's the details:
Well, It's prerty much like a unit then you can control it, move it around, then when you select it you can build some buildings to the unit. So the unit is pretty much like a moving set of tiles.

And here's a video:

Thanks!

Level 25
That is some pretty cool shit you got going there. Just the fact that you can build on a unit which can move is pretty damn cool to me.

EDIT: Okay, map is not made by you? Well it's still awesome.

Level 12
Okay I have an idea of how this could be set up.

Basically, you just need each ship part's coordinates with relation to the ship's center and its facing angle.

To allow the player to build parts in certain spots, you could have a construction bay kind of thing. You'd basically set up buildable tiles in the shape of their ship (facing one direction - North, South, East, or West - up to you on how it will fit best on the map). Then you can build parts wherever you want them.

When they are done building, replace all the buildings with the correct units. Make sure to keep track of where each ship part was. You will need a periodic trigger that will move all the parts to where they should be based on the facing angle and position of the main unit. They could have locust so you can't interact with them. Then you can control the main unit and all the parts will follow it.

There are other problems that may prove to be difficult to deal with like collision. The tiles also may be too large. You might need to have the ship scaled up in the construction bay. That might give you some complicated math problems :p

Status
Not open for further replies.