• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help deciding

Which type of game should I do?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I need help deciding what I should do for my map. I have 2 ideas and I think both could be a really good game if they where done correctly but I only have time for 1.

Make it so ladders would work
Make all new terian
Find or make a sniper system that doesn't make you're unit move.
Make a "drop shot (when you shoot from far, far away your bullet tends to drop before going to target) system
Make a throwing system with height and timing
Some skills
A customization section
The animations
Some models
+ more (I forgot the rest)

All the skills
The cloning
The cut scenes
The models
The animations
My old story idea

Level 10
Well... this is kind of an idea forum thread, but anyways.

It's hard to say which is a better idea because....

1. You don't actually show or say what your map is/is about on this thread
2. The ideas are kind of vague
3. The ideas are basically the same in a vague sort of way

Yeah... so idea 1 you do a bunch of skills, models and animation... oh and some systems, but with idea 2 you only do skills, models and animation. So normally I'd say, hell, idea 1 offers more so why don't you do that, but NO.... mainly because a bullet drop system is a crap idea. I don't really know even any first person shooters that boast about a bullet drop system, so it's probably not going to be too exciting in a strategy game.

Post some idea's that people can actually compare both to each other and your map and you might be able to get some real suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.