• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Need Help] Back to 1.29

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
What did you do after you have downloaded the zip file from the second post?

I'm aware about the bugs in 1.31 it's just that most people seem to prefer 1.31 over 1.30 (for those who are sticking to the classic) because of the new natives (especially the UI customization). Overall I still hate it, but it still works better compared to 1.32+ and have less game breaking bugs compared to this version.
I personally consider v1.29.2 to be a milestone for many reasons.

[...] I need help!! xD I want to play Warcraft 3 1.29 again so I can play custom campaigns. I DO NOT want the reforged.
Is this still an issue?

As yet another reminder no one will ever care about:
Warcraft III Data Migration - Blizzard Support
Looks like this information (which is applicable to v1.29) seems to be gone...

blizz_deleted_128_folders.jpg

I do not like that.
:thumbs_down:

Level 6
What did you do after you have downloaded the zip file from the second post?

I personally consider v1.29.2 to be a milestone for many reasons.

Is this still an issue?

Looks like this information (which is applicable to v1.29) seems to be gone...

View attachment 363278

I do not like that.
:thumbs_down:
It's solved now. I'm not supposed to open Warcraft III Launcher or Frozen Throne.exe. I think they are from 1.24? Instead, I have to open Warcraft III.exe
Hello, can you help me? ^. ^!
This is my situation, I downloaded the Warcraft III 1.29.2 folder from the link they put, I unzipped the files and put the folder in C: \ Program Files (x86). Well, there I open the Warcraft 3 folder and I get the usual, campaigns, maps, movies, redist, etc, ... Can someone explain to me what I should do there, is that when I give the Warcraft launcher to install the game, it starts and it comes out to install with blizzard directly, without putting a key or anything, and obviously it gives me Reforged.

I need help!! xD I want to play Warcraft 3 1.29 again so I can play custom campaigns. I DO NOT want the reforged.
Do not open Warcraft III Launcher or Frozen Throne.exe, instead, open Warcraft III.exe. And for World Editor, do not open worldedit, that's for RoC

Level 6
Hiya guys,

So, I downloaded the 1.29.2 zip file and extracted the files in my \D: folder. I tried running the Warcraft III.exe file but while the game itself seems to be running (I can hear the familiar sound of the game) I get a black screen and can't actually see shit and that remains the case even after I CTRL + F4 the game. Thankfully, I can fix the problem by shutting down my laptop using the power button. I tried deleting and exracting the game from the zip again but it didn't work. Should I try installing the zip file again or is the problem something else?

Level 11
Hiya guys,

So, I downloaded the 1.29.2 zip file and extracted the files in my \D: folder. I tried running the Warcraft III.exe file but while the game itself seems to be running (I can hear the familiar sound of the game) I get a black screen and can't actually see shit and that remains the case even after I CTRL + F4 the game. Thankfully, I can fix the problem by shutting down my laptop using the power button. I tried deleting and exracting the game from the zip again but it didn't work. Should I try installing the zip file again or is the problem something else?
is there a blue box in the middle of the screen and wrote inside of it some numbers end with hz or hrz

Hiya guys,

Next time try alt-tabbing and/or opening the task manager by pushing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC and shutting it down from there. Probably no need to actually force a shut down.

Try alt-tabbing out of the game and then alt-tabbing back in, that may help.

Status
Not open for further replies.