• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Neatherland Conflict v0.34a

Neatherland Conflict v0.34a
Rise of the Shadows

Neatherland Conflict is an AoS-type map with improvements to make gameplay faster and more thrilling. Basicly there were 3 lanes and 6 flags, which can be captured, giving you an additional gold income, as well as a teleporterstation.
The item recipes are logic, no need for studing those the rest of your life.

Provides:
- 35 well built heros (i focus more on well built heros then on masses of boring ones) with
- 136 different 5 ary abilities
- 68 unique items
- 6 captureable flags
- 7 professions

Some more detailed information:
- newly developed item-recipe-system: raw materials (drop from creeps) -> basic items -> magical/rare items
- many hero- and item-abilities where programmed in jass, therefore they are unique and tactical ambitious
- internal delay damage/delay effect system supporting the map with incredible effects (test e.g. The Oracle to get an example ;) )

Type "-help" in game to get usefull information about modes, gameplay etc...!
- Info: map is protected -

Social group:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/group.php?groupid=470l

New:
  • Fear: affected units now flee
Fixed:
  • Improved performance of Flee-system
  • Shadow coming over you: buff now decays
  • Flags can´t be captured by dead units anymore
  • Reactivated siege timer
Balance:
  • Priests won´t heal themselfes anymore
  • Dawnblade: now costs 2800 gold
  • Decreased gold income for flags by 33%

New:
  • New Hero: Nightstalker (agility based hit and run caster)
  • Placed two more Smiths and Armories in the map
Fixed:
  • Removed debug msg: "unberserk"
  • Fixed golem spawn
  • Fied Teleporters
  • Fixed tooltip: unholy helmet
  • Blood God dmg issue
  • Removed leaking parts in the system
  • Basic items will now give back gold if ingredients are not met
Balance:
  • Creep drop rate increased by approx. 40%

CREDITS:

Made by Zacharias
Additional material: General Frank, crazyrussian, kelthuzad, donut3.5, happytauren, JetFangInferno, rondo, EnetheruAnuon, Daelin, DonDustin, Anachron, Pyramidhe@d, The_Silent, Illidan(Evil)X, james duckett, xlaz, WILLTHEALMIGHTY, olofmoleman, 67chrome, Mr.Goblin, Seung-Bum, Lee(Korean), Darky29

Keywords:
Neatherland Conflict, Neatherland, Neather, DotA, SMota, zacharias, AoS, aon of strife, hero, hero defence, flags, epic, items
Contents

Neatherland Conflict v0.34a (Map)

Level 4
The base thing might be it. In which case, just leave it... and I will stop always playing evil lol.

Gaias mage is pretty cool now, mummy is pretty cool now.

I really am not seeing the creep issue. Are you sure you have an AoE hero on your team ?

Maybe give heroes an aura that allows units to resist fear. Maybe give then commander heroes a fear immunity aura. (Dark lord, battle mage, skeleton king, ect.)

Level 7
Oh Hash, don´t steal my ideas :D
Commander gets an anti-fear aura, dark lord a "real" fear-spell, which blasts off all enemy units :)

I´m currently testing a different distribution of life-count. So the nearer units are, the more "fear" they produce.

Edit: i´ve seen some situations when one unit fears 4 others, which shouldn´t be ^^

Level 4
Yeah. Yokienshi and I joked about the fear. Often 1 evil guy seems to fear like 12 good guys. We assume the formula is purely random.

Level 3
Ok, here is a reply from a game I had few mins ago. It was 1v1. I think you will get the idea what's wrong. Oh, and at around 15-17 mins you can see the first red mobs on the upper lane that started just running around.

Attachments

• NeCo 0.33b.w3g
    153.3 KB · Views: 95
Level 7
Ok, here is a reply from a game I had few mins ago. It was 1v1. I think you will get the idea what's wrong. Oh, and at around 15-17 mins you can see the first red mobs on the upper lane that started just running around.

K i see.
I checked the formulas and found an error, which is pretty critical. I will test the fixed one several times to be sure that it workes fine. <Edit: ok it works fine now, several bugs fixed.>

The second problem is the performance, which collapses at approx. 10mins. <Edit: Still working on it>

Edit: I need to know which unit in which situation produces the "Overflow" error, which sometimes occur. It looks like a waypoint error.

Edit: Everything done. Sorry for taking me so long. hf

Last edited:
Level 2
hum i Play this map since the furs version .. i think it's cool en fun map !!! good work !!! one or tow new hero i guess it may fit fine !!!

Level 3
Had a try in 0.33c. Too bad it was not really a game, since we ended up with 3x1, But I saw no mayor problems so far. I'll give it a better test l8er.

Level 7
Off topic:
I have a question...
How did you get the flooding system done?? Can you tell me how to make that or help me make it?? Thanks in advance ;)
Well it works basically with Doodads\Cinematic\RisingWaterDoodad\RisingWaterDoodad.mdl
rescale it, place several doodads next to each other and run animation.

Suggestion for improvement: make units with the same model, stop animation and change flight high for each unit. Pro: can raise from ground to a induvidual high. Con: only possible on flat terrain (otherwhise it looks ugly, since units 0-fligh-high is relative to the ground.

Level 7
Oh... lawl... so simple, yet effective xD

Thankz very much :p
Yes, but to be honest i don´t like the "reveal"-effect. It´s too angled.
I would also suggest to scale the water from rectangular to square - that would look a bit better (like a chessboard).

Oh and btw, I luv ur map. Even though people are still complaining, I think the abilities are very good... :p
Thx :)
*reloading gun* who is complaining? :grin:
Plz report any feedback, good and bad.

Edit 31.05.09:
Well i fixed several things in the code, removed leaks etc. New hero progress: 30% (Yokinenshi).
Also want to implement a new auro for commander, and a new "fear"-spell for the Dark Lord.

Last edited:
Level 4
So hows work coming ? Been a long time off update. Yokinenshi is gonna be the coolest.

BTW, make yokinenshi a good hero. They are missing a real "cool" hero if you will.

Last edited:
Level 7
So hows work coming ? Been a long time off update. Yokinenshi is gonna be the coolest.

BTW, make yokinenshi a good hero. They are missing a real "cool" hero if you will.
Well takes some more time as i want a special hero, where you hae to combine your spells.

Ahh! call him Yokienshi so my typo doesn't look stupid :gg:

Yokienshi
Yokinenshi
lol kk

Level 7
So how goes everything ? Think I've played these current heroes to death.

Status quo.
I need more ideas, currenty i included "The Night" abiity (black fog), "Come towards the night" - pulling targets to the hero, doing dmg (double dmg in the fog). And a passive ability to add an area dmg to The Night (by thin tentacles). But i´m searching for more ideas. I don´t ike the 50% life -> stun, because it´s really nasty, cause its more or less randomly. Active area-stun is aready implemented.... so well.
Ultimate "inner terror" will be implemented afterwards, i´d like to combine all spells with The Night.

Level 4
What about an escape ability that stealths him when hes in the night and stuns people around him ?

Last edited:
Level 4
Ok, what about an escape ability that shoves all enemies out of the night and does damage to them, such that he stays in there and stealthed and they have to come in after them. It could also combo with the pull to push out then pull back in.

The idea here is to think of something so I can play him xD

Last edited:
Level 7
Ok, what about an escape ability that shoves all enemies out of the night and does damage to them, such that he stays in there and stealthed and they have to come in after them. It could also combo with the pull to push out then pull back in.
Hmmm better, but is simiar to Firemages Fash Lightning ;)

The idea here is to think of something so I can play him xD
Hey i mentioned that :p

Level 4
Ok. What about an ability that reduces the enemy's damage by 100% for 5 seconds. They'd still be able to use spells but their damage would be reduced by 100%. A defensive ability so heavy melee heroes don't just squish him. (something like X+1x agility.)

Idea #2. A shadow teleport. He stealths then teleports to target area.

Idea #3. A anti-teleport. He attacks target enemy then teleports randomly 600 AoE away. Like a shadow strike. A hit and run move.

Idea #4. A feign death type move.

The idea here is a survivability tool. Theres only so much you can do with the idea of a black cloud :p

Level 1
I apologize in advance if these are known bugs or suggestions already in development as I didn't read through all 19 pages.

I played this a couple of times with some friends and really liked the map apart from a few things.

Bugs:

One of the first games we played I was suddenly given the "Victory" screen and thrown out of the map. I suspect "Ironbreaker" (Or whatever the dwarfs name is) was the cause of this as my friend killed him the exact same second I was thrown out (I was playing as blue and modes were -ap and -sm).

Later we played -cf but we were seemingly unable to deliver the flag anywhere so we just dropped it and figured we'd trash their place instead. Except their castle was invulnerable and game started spamming something about too many units (their base was pretty overrun), so eventually they had to forfeit.

Suggestions:

Please allow blue to disable the standard flag victory condition. It's a nice twist but sometimes I prefer longer games, and flag capping is just too easy sometimes (especially with new players).

And please allow blue to disable the flood, or add some safe spots to the area that you can stand in to avoid drowning. Most players find the bottom lane useless because of flood and I can't disagree with them. Either you stand there and die or you leg it and lose out on xp and gold.

Oracle, very nice hero and I really like the playstyle, but if you made a few changes to her she would be much more versatile. What I would suggest is to merge Zeus and Hephaistos into one spell and give her a new spell "Rune Trigger" - Learning this spell would be required to make her spells go off (instead of them going off after the default 2 seconds), and if she doesn't use "Rune Trigger" in a set amount of time the runes will fade and restore some of the mana she used to create the runes.
At level 1 Rune Trigger would give her 5 seconds to use runes before they fade and 10% mana restored if they fade. For every level thereafter it adds 10% and 3 seconds for level 2 + 3 and 2 seconds for level 4 + 5.

Sorry 'bout the wall of text, and if you don't quite understand my suggestions for the Oracle please let me know and I'll try to elaborate. It's pretty late and english isn't my first language :)

Level 7
This map is worth to invest your time, i like it, and it inspire me, really !Nice terrain, item and spell system.
Thx :)
But please remove the tide event, it's just too annoying !
hummmmmmmm no. It will be improved in future, it should not only block. It will give you more tactical possibilities. At least that´s what i want to create.

Well i´m on it guys. GPU is now stable.

Abilities (suggestions)
  • The Night (innate, creates area to hide)
  • Come towards the night (pull to caster, increased damage in the night)
  • Shadow coming over you (hypnotic effect)
  • Fluctuation (passive, increases attackspeed + the night does area damage)
  • Seek and Hide (teleports to an enemy/point, 4 sec wait, then teleport back)
approved? feedback always welcome.

Level 4
Ok, what do you mean hypnotic effect ?

I think it should be a 6 second wait, as he has no abilities to actually hit people with he'd just auto attack, he'd need a little more time to do damage.

So hes got a cloud, a pull, a "hypnotic effect", a passive, and a teleport. Which one is the ultimate ?

Sounds decent, though ... what happened to nightmare ?

Level 7
Ulti seek and hide, when cast out of "the night" on a unit it spawns the 3 creeps, what about this? :)
Hypnotic effect - surrounding units are driving insane, walking away in a random direction. Can´t be canceled.
6 seconds? Well ok i think we should try that out.

Level 4
Sounds fantastic. And on second thought, I'm counting seconds in my head and I think 5 would be better for seek and hide. Five. Yeah.

Level 4
I don't think we need a new loading screen... well at least not before release ... yeahhhh I'd just release first then loading screen later.

Level 4
Hrm, two things:

-Dawn blade should have it's cost increased to 2800. At 2300 stacking it on an agility hero is way too inexpensive and way too easy. (This is making agility heroes look much better than they are.) I'd say 2800 gold at least, but probably 3000 gold is the way to go. Compare to thor's hammer or the other weapons. at 2300 gold its a steal.
-Increase the income time by 2 seconds. Its I think every 2 seconds now, and gold is a little too much for the side controlling flags.

For the new guy:

-Come towards the night is probably dealing too much damage. 1 agility per second for 5 ? seconds seems a little much. I'd take 1 second off it's duration, and I'd make it's range 600 650 700 750 800. 900 range seems a little much.

Sadly:
-The lag from the fear effects is still here...
-Gonna suggest removal of the fear effect, at least until it can be implemented without the giant lag spikes.

Last edited:
Level 7
-Dawn blade ...
Ok i also think it´s far too less gold.

-Come towards the night is probably dealing too much damage. 1 agility per second for 5 ? seconds seems a little much. I'd take 1 second off it's duration, and I'd make it's range 600 650 700 750 800. 900 range seems a little much.
The maximum duration would be about 3 seconds i think, but please test him. I will recheck the function, maybe there is a calculating error, cause i think the damage fits well.

Sadly:
-The lag from the fear effects is still here...
-Gonna suggest removal of the fear effect, at least until it can be implemented without the giant lag spikes.
I´m doing some series of testing, maybe there is a bottleneck. If i can´t find anything i will release a version without fear system.

Edit: Ok i think i improved it a lot, dosn´t lag, or at least you won´t recognize.

Last edited:
Level 1
Great map, just found out about it today. I was wondering, how do professions level up once you select one? Is it just over time? I searched the thread for details but didn't find any. Thanks!

Level 7
Do you need anymore heroes, i have some interesting things =))
Well i want to slowly intruduce heros, as its a 0.34 Beta it´s fine i think. But yes, ideas are always welcome.
Also, the terrain is good but i think you should polish it, maybe ask the terrain board !
Hmhmhmhm well needs some more time for that. I´m also on the doodad-max.
anyway, the map is quite fun, i love it, keep it up !
Thx, a 5/5 would be better :p