1. Are you planning to upload your awesome skin to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

NE_WarMage2

Submitted by Kuhneghetz
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Hi, I'm back with a new skin! This is a 100% freehand conversion from a Blood Elf Sorceror to a Night Elf War Mage (or any other type of magi/druid if you want). Comments are welcome as long it doesn't contain any rule-breaking contents like spam.

GIVE ME CREDITS IF YOU USE MY SKIN IN YOUR MAP!!!

Feel free to edit this resource for your projects as long as you credit me for the resource you based it from.

Path: Textures\Hero_BloodElf.blp

Keywords:
Nightelf, night, elf, war, mage, warmage, bloodmage, blood, warden
Contents

Night Elf War Mage (Texture)

Reviews
THE_END: Wish you could've matched his colors with the in-game Night Elves more..but good skin nonetheless
  1. THE_END: Wish you could've matched his colors with the in-game Night Elves more..but good skin nonetheless

2. Almost_there

Almost_there

Resources:
    Resources:
    kewl skin

3. antihero

antihero

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Why 512x512?

4. Kuhneghetz

Kuhneghetz

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I think that 512x512 (when looking at other skins with same size) gives quite better detail when making very good freehand skin, so I tried that method so some details would look better (not all, but some).

Otherwise, you can shrink the image to 256x256 in Photoshop (or something) if you want. :wink:

5. Cyberatog

Cyberatog

Resources:
    Resources:
    Blizzardy, grand.

Could be good as a night elf who uses the forbidden art of magic. :D

6. DeadDogNoGoWoof

DeadDogNoGoWoof

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    but its just sharpened. there's no actual detail that could be saved by keeping it at 512. anyway, thats a fairly minor detail. nice work on the skin. i like it. original. icon looks great.

7. MShadows

MShadows

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm jealous you got so many comments. :(
    The skins is good I guess if your in to that sort of thing. But its a lil inconvenient that you have to resize the skin to 256 to import it. Especially for the noobs who dont have a program to resize it; but noobs will be noobs i guess.

8. halo

halo

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    http://img479.imageshack.us/img479/5139/screenshot30ls.jpg

I made a little 10 minute paintover.
    The face was slightly modified and the red lines is where you should put some muscle definition.
    The kneepad was also scratched up a little bit.

Heres how i did it:

Picked main colors.
    Gota little noise layer,gausian blurred it,sharpened set to disolve and erased a bit of it.
    I hid all layers except the noise layer and made a new layer.Then I merged visible.
    I made squigly lines of light gray all around and shaded slightly on the color layer.
    gave it a few scratches and colored a bit with red,brown and yellow.
    Made a scratches layer and then i flattened it.

Hope this helps for futre skins.

-halo aka cmb

9. Shadowy Crafter

Shadowy Crafter

Resources:
    Resources:
    Cool! This is useful for someone who want to recreate the nightelf highborne in a map. 5/5

10. Kuhneghetz

Kuhneghetz

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I thank you all for your comments. :mrgreen:

To MShadows:
    You don't have to change the size if you want. You can resize the skin if you want the skin to have a smaller filesize.

To Halo:
    You small tutorial seems a bit useful. And as you said, I hope it helps me when I upload new skins.

To DDGNW:
    Maybe not detailed, but it helped me to do a blizzard looking skin in hand.

11. Kuhneghetz

Kuhneghetz

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Was a bit generous to resubmit the skin into a small resolution of this skin (smaller size). But if you want the Hi-Resolution version, you can get it at Wc3Campaigns.

12. HappyTauren

HappyTauren

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    A great looking skin. I have checked the 512 one, it is great. The armor shines just as it is style in wc3, ears really reflect nightelven race, and you shouldnt have used SOO much teamcolour. It is good if you like it, but just think of what you could've done with shoulders.
    thats my personal opinion. Even though cape looked like cnp+recolour from warden skin, it is not, i checked it from close.

Also, an icon looks good too.

13. FireEffect

FireEffect

Resources:
    Resources:
    I love the idea and it looks great but i dont know why the armor doesnt fit the "night elf" theme. It is amazing but i would rather that armor be on a human. All i see that looks night elf is the head.

14. LKHighlord

LKHighlord

Resources:
    Resources:
    Cool skin. I will use this to dath'remar sunstrider on my war of the ancient based map.

15. Childeric

Childeric

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Excellent job. The chest and leggings don't seem very Night Elfish, but in game I don't think it will be much of a problem. 9/10

16. Bogdanciorba

Bogdanciorba

Resources:
    Resources:
    whoa man its so cool :thumbs_up: o yes and look at this guy :hohum::fp::ned:

17. CaleAmon

CaleAmon

Resources:
    Resources:
    wow. . .you gave me the perfect model for my night elf character in my campaign. thanks man and i'll be sure to give you credit for the model:thumbs_up:

18. Lore-Wolf

Lore-Wolf

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    maybe the Armour could be more like night elf not iron plated

19. Hardtime

Hardtime

Resources:
    Resources:
    I could use this in my map as dath'remar sunstrider!