1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Vote for the best entries in the 13th Music Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Naxxramas Progression

Discussion in 'Hearthstone' started by PurgeandFire, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    Even then it takes many tries to get the right cards, and him get the wrong cards. It's not "easy".

I did it with warrior. It took me a few tries before I had voodoo doctor early, and he only played one wolf and all 1 damage drops. Just had to clear the wolf with a murloc.

Elven archer helps a lot with early damage on the skittering spiders so that you can overload his board.
    Then you sustain and weapon up as much as possible. With voodoo, farseer, and hero power, you can take a full 1 damage board. Then use weapons and spells to hit her.

People keep talking about how it wasn't challenging enough. Well I don't see how it could be harder without being almost impossible. It's basically: build a counter deck. Play until you get the right RNG. Win.

Also I have a feeling these won't be the hardest fights. Some of the upcoming hero powers look nuts (leaked onto reddit).

2. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The bot is OP and not good, improve the AI's brain to make it more difficult, not buff it. (@hc)

I've waited for months for this update, and I cleared normal within one hour and HC in 2.5 hours on the same day.. it's sad to say the least.

3. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah I guess so. There are more wings to come, but they are rather small. It definitely doesn't take a week to complete them.

4. PurgeandFire

PurgeandFire

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Tbh, Blizzard should probably make some cards specifically for the AI bosses if they want it to be challenging. Otherwise you just have to play around the hero power, because all the other cards are naturally balanced for hearthstone. Or they should buff the boss's units to make them more OP.

5. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Their cards is stronger too, the death charger is stronger on HC for example. 1 mana cost charge with 3-4 *cough* so it's kinda unique.

6. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, every deck would have one of those if it was a regular Hearthstone card. 3 damage to your hero is nothing for that kind of card.

7. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    true, you would deal that damage to something no mater what.

8. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Heroic Lothheb down. Ran a modified priest deck.

I am working on the other two atm.

edit: killed the unclean (hc) with the following deck.
    img
    [​IMG]

edit2: killed noth (hc) with the following deck, this bastard was a hard nut to crack I won because of luck only.
    img
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  9. Death Adder

Death Adder

Resources:
    Resources:
    heroic noth copied my northshire clerics with faceless and then I proceeded to mill him down to negative 30 health

10. Tonex

Tonex

Resources:
    Resources:
    Played Ramp Druid against HC Noth and Heigan, Priest against Loatheb. Loatheb was pretty easy since he Facelessed his Spores twice and played Ghouls when they would only clear his own minions. Only hard one was Noth, but after ramping into Ragnaros, I was lucky in that he didn't draw any more Plagues.

11. PurgeandFire

PurgeandFire

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Lucky that you guys even get to play. I am forever stuck on "Waiting for Authorization". That bug is ridiculous.

12. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    Purge, that sucks man.

I haven't had the desire (or time) to do HC, so I just got all the cards. Gotta say, this wing is even better. I loved the class challenges this time. Really unique decks that were a lot of fun to play around with and see what crazy shit you could do.

I got to duplicate a mad scientist and load up on secrets. Was awesome.

The best beast I got was a savannah highmane.

13. Talavaj

Talavaj

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I personally think this wing is even more uninspired.
    They went from "craft a deck you can't lose with" to "craft a deck you maybe can win with as long you draw the perfect hand and as long as the boss doesn't draw this specific card to make you insta lose".
    The fact they disabled Alexstrasza is just hilarious, way to go blizzard ! ... "Let's just turn off cards that beat our poorly designed mechanics" !

The class challenges.. are well, boring. The hunter one is entirely based on RNG, and I personally find anything secret related to be straight up bad so I didn't really enjoy the mage one either.

Though the cards are interesting I must admit, the Belcher is probably the best one from the lot.
    I don't share people's enthusiasm on Loatheb, I just consider it a 5/5 with no text.

14. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Cleared the new wing just now, the hardest one was the first one for me, took many tries.

Anyway for heroic... equality and doomsayer disabled for the horsemen fight (only hc). I am yet to progress on it since I decided to create a death rattle deck with the new legendaries.

edit:

First HC kill vs Instructor.
    deck used
    [​IMG]

Second HD kill vs the four horsemen
    deck used
    [​IMG]

and lastly..
    deck used
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  15. Talavaj

Talavaj

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    The cutest thing is that you actually have to buy the previous wings to go to the next one.

16. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    really? Well that's a way to earn money I assume. I bought the bundle so I got every wing so I didn't know.

17. Talavaj

Talavaj

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Yeah, it is pretty scumbagy. Especially for those who bought the entire bundle/previous wing but still haven't got it fixed yet.
    As such certain individuals not only can't play the plague wing yet but can't even unlock the next wing either.
    Not to mention if you want certain class cards you will have to buy all the previous wings the class challenge didn't appear in.
    I was going to skip Military quarter but .. yeah.

Also a random note, Rivendare is broken and he will cause deathrattles to be given even if you silence the minions before killing them.

18. PurgeandFire

PurgeandFire

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    All the heroics were pretty challenging this time around. At least more than the other wings.

Instructor takes some nice RNG. I ran it as priest. Getting inner fire on the early spawns, and maybe a circle of healing, will help out a lot (get ~14 damage to the hero). I recommend going for 2 mind visions and 2 thoughtsteals. You might get lucky and get the weapon, and smack face for 20 damage, twice.

Gothik was annoying. I probably should've ran pally, but I ended up playing it through as priest. I racked up on AoE's. Auchenai + circle of healing x 2, holy nova x 2, and abomination x 2. Auchenai is especially good because it'll clear the specters on your board (except the 0/6 ones). Get inner fire for the 0/6 mobs. I ended up clearing until he ran out of cards. And his fatigue racked up. Although, pally would be really nice because of pyro-equality and all the self-heals.

Four horseman wasn't too bad. I played it as pally. Funnily enough, if you silence them, it'll remove that horseman's immunity effect. I ended up killing two, and I silenced the last one. That way, he doesn't get the weapon boost, but he loses his immunity. The AI prioritizes saving the horsemen, so you don't really have to worry about the last horseman dying. You just have to save yourself, since the damage racks up really fast. :p

19. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    True purge, I had some serious issues with the second boss.. the one with the souls. I still think they should buff normal and hc though. The AI has to be smarter, it used corruption on my 1-1 paladin hero power minion. It used faceless on a 2-2 when I had cairne bloodhoof in play.

20. I've completed the 1st wing, the free one. I mean how one earth I'd get 800g :(

Maybe when I get my money electronic card