1. Are you planning to upload your awesome skin to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

NaviHuntress(Ranger)v6.0.blp

Submitted by Dj0z
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
So this is a female Na'vi skin, the blue people in James Cameron's Avatar.
It represents an archer hunter, clothed with pieces of tanned animal skins, decorated with the hunter's dye.

She is armed with a bow cut in the wood of a pandoran green tree.
The cord that bends the bow is made of liana.

The cape is made of attached leaves, for camouflage in the jungle.
They are slightly tainted with their clan's teamcolor. Some of them were bathed into it to show a line of clear TC.

Ears were shortened and given a wooden earring; all the material i didn't find useful was removed; everything was freehanded except the very small parts that i still don't know where they can be seen, and the arrow.

There is no CnP, no recolor.

Don't hesitate to point out all the bad things, i still need alot of advice for skinning :D .

Reference picture:
[​IMG]

Proper Importing (how to get the archer portrait to work)

Import the skin twice (because of a war3 glitch), then set the paths to these:

Textures\Ranger.blp
This path works for Archer model and Hipprogryph rider model AND portrait

Units\NightElf\Archer\Ranger.blp
This one debugs the portrait for Archer only. If you don't use this path, Archer portrait will stay the normal night elf chick.

Special thanks to Misha for finding this out.

EDIT:
Skin updated with GIMP, now with alot of shading and highlights and stuff.
Also changed the pattern of the boots, and added the bright dots on the face.

EDIT: 4.0
Remade the whole skin (except bow) with much thinner body stripes, better shading and highlights, more muscle reliefs, improved clothes, more details, and bioluminescent dots on all parts of the body. Removed the black lines between zones.

EDIT: 5.0
Totally remade the bow and the cape, added even more shading and highlights about everywhere, and other minor improvements.
06-07-2010: screenshot updated.

EDIT: 6.0
Totally remade the eyes from scratch. Improved their placement and transition to the nose.
Remade the TC leaves on the cape from pure alpha, for much better visibility.
Refined bioluminescence dots (no longer 1 pixel), removed some of them, aligned them better, shaded them consistently with the surrounding shadowing.
Refined shading & highlighting in details for eyes, nose, neck, stomach, arm, leg, middle cloth, shoulderpad, bow handle.

Keywords:
na'vi, navi, archer, avatar, neytiri, pandora, huntress, hunter, jungle, alien, sexy, native, a v a t a r, green, camouflage, leaves, bow, hidden
Contents

Na'vi Huntress (Texture)

Reviews
18:10, 4th Jun 2010 67chrome: The thick, black outlines around most of the details make this skin look incomplete and cartoonish, I'd strongly advise removing the outlines outright and use shading and highlights to create the distinction between...
  1. WolfmanArc

WolfmanArc

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Very Nice.

2. Nillere

Nillere

Resources:
    Resources:
    The skin is pretty nice now, my only suggestion is that you should turn the blue color into a more light blue color, to fit more :)

3. Etzer

Etzer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Erhm, I resigned from skinning without even making my "first skin" so you are on your own for the shaman/wiseman.

4. Dj0z

Dj0z

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Someone else already suggested to do that color tweak, so i'll do that the next time i update.

Thanks for the comments :)

Okay, it ain't x-mas every day is it ^^ so i'll do that one myself too.

5. germanthegood

germanthegood

Resources:
    Resources:
    dj0z can you make pack of trees i need it for my next map

6. Mgeterno11

Mgeterno11

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I completely agree with that. I think it is an excellent, nice, beautiful and awesome skin. I rate it 5/5. :):vw_unimpressed:
    The coloring is beautiful, too. Did you make it with GIMP or Photoshop?:thumbs_up:

7. Dj0z

Dj0z

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sorry, i have no such plans anytime soon.

I used GIMP, as stated in the description :) thanks for the rating.