• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Naruto Ultimate RPG 4.3j

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
165091-adc5b2644c481c3a874c726856138456.jpg
Naruto Ultimate RPG 4.3j by ShikamaruShadow (As of July 2020)

WHERE TO DOWNLOAD: If you found yourself here, and wish to download this map, you may do so HERE(Epicwar)

Videos:
My Youtube Promo: Here (from 3.7c)
A fan-made game replay: Here (from 4.2i)
A fan-made game replay: Here (from 4.2i)
A fan-made battle scene: Here (from 4.2h)

Discord Server: Join the Naruto Ultimate RPG Discord Server!

Overview:

This is the entire Naruto series in one game, usually lasting an hour and a half! Choose your character and play his/her roles in completing the storyline!

This map is graphic-intensive, containing custom-made models and icons. A complete library of sounds and music help improve the playing experience.

Summary:

Choose a character between four different teams (Twelve Players). These teams will compete against each other up until the start of the preliminary tournaments, when everyone will fight for their own self. Then when Konoha is invaded abruptly after the tournaments, the Leaf genin are up against the Sand genin, alongside Orochimaru and their army of jounins.

Once the war is over, an encounter with Akatsuki members Itachi and Kisame commences. By this time, the Sand genin have united with the Leaf. Soon after, Sasuke departs Konoha, despite their resistance against him. Time passes on, until - in a grand finale - the genin track down Sasuke's whereabouts, and confront him, along with his new evil ally, Orochimaru.

Special Notes:

Please note that some of my original content (triggers, models, graphics, sounds) created for this game have since been shared in other maps (which is fine :D). Also, the storyline of this map is quite finished. Any further updates usually means upgrades to the gameplay.

Credits:

Special thanks to Darkness47, and to the custom model makers who provided their creations for making the Naruto theme in maps stand out.

Keywords:
Naruto, Naruto Ultimate RPG, Ninja, Shinobi, Konoha, Exams, ShikamaruShadow, Anime, Naruto RPG
Previews
Contents

Naruto Ultimate RPG 4.3j (Map)

Reviews
7th Jan 2017 StoPCampinGn00b: Rejected due to ripped content and broken DISBTN icons. 5th Jan 2016 StoPCampinGn00b: Map rejected due to ripped models from other games. More information about this is on a private message. 4th Jan 2016...
Status
Not open for further replies.

M

7th Jan 2017
StoPCampinGn00b: Rejected due to ripped content and broken DISBTN icons.

5th Jan 2016
StoPCampinGn00b:
Map rejected due to ripped models from other games. More information about this is on a private message.

4th Jan 2016
StoPCampinGn00b:
Map has been improved, though credits with author names need to be in place. I also recommend you update it after your metamorphosis crash is fixed.

10:20, 23rd May 2009 by bounty hunter2:
Horrible terrain and Object editor work, nothing much improved. Don't multiple upload maps, and don't upload this here anymore, seriously. Rejected.

Use our Map Development forum for further development of your map, this is nowhere near approval.

Level 17
Naruto Ultimate RPG 3.4b is an RPG featuring characters from the popular anime, Naruto.

The map started off fine. The players are split into 3 teams of 4, and the character you're playing as is made obvious before the game begins. What immediately popped up was the icons. They lacked the blizzard border, and DISBTN versions. This means when the icon should appear darker, it instead is completely green. The terrain was playable, but not visually pleasing. There were areas where it was completely empty; no doodads, and just a single tile was used. The animate trees were unneeded. It seems you just added for the sake of it; without any purpose in the game. A player reporting receiving a headache from the constant movement of the trees, although it could have been a rare instance.

The creeps were quite strong, which meant you were forced to engage them as a team. Well done. The "exams" weren't really to my taste, but they helped switch up the generic attack-move gameplay. The map could be somewhat fun at times, but lacked a fair amount of polish. Since you requested feedback, you seem willing to update this. For that reason, and the acceptable level of quality, it has my recommendation.

Rating: 2.1 and recommended for approval.

My Recommendations:
Improve the terrain.
Add DISBTN versions of the icons.
Remove the animated trees. Unanimated work just as well.

Level 1
The map started off fine. The players are split into 3 teams of 4, and the character you're playing as is made obvious before the game begins. What immediately popped up was the icons. They lacked the blizzard border, and DISBTN versions. This means when the icon should appear darker, it instead is completely green.

On the contrary, this map didn't start off fine. This map was started by Darkness47, and if you have ever played earlier versions, I am sure that you would realize that it did not start off fine.

The characters you play is obvious. Unless you're unfamiliar with Naruto. I would agree that it is difficult for a new player to grasp the concept of the game. I know this because when I first started it was difficult as well. Skills such as Kawarimi and tree jump were completely alien to me. What made such skills so special? Over time these skills were what made Naruto Ultimate RPG unique. The fighting system is not as simple as just slash and hit, spam skill, and hit and run. It involved a fair bit of strategy.

I am just a fan and hence I am not able to discuss about the terms of map-making. But as a player of the game. A green icon doesn't even affect me one bit. So what if its green, blue, or red? The only thing I care about is to finish the game in the best possible way.

The terrain was playable, but not visually pleasing. There were areas where it was completely empty; no doodads, and just a single tile was used. The animate trees were unneeded. It seems you just added for the sake of it; without any purpose in the game. A player reporting receiving a headache from the constant movement of the trees, although it could have been a rare instance.

Terrain is playable, I completely agree with that. But not visually pleasing? I think otherwise. I don't exactly know how to support my case for this. But maybe you should go around playing other naruto maps such Naruto World RPG or maybe even Naruto Survivor...

I agree that the empty areas might be a little unpleasing, but then again it might be there for further development.

Now the tree movement thing might appeal to some and might not appeal to others at the same time. When it was first added, I'd have to say that it wasn't something that I was entirely used to. But when I compare it to still tree's... the tree movement ended up being appealing to me. It adds life to the game play. You might say its unnecessary, I say that it is visually stunning.

You might say. How does my word matter? Well if this "player" reported having headaches from the moving trees. Then I think my word just holds as much relevance, if not more relevant providing that I am a real player, while this other "player" is not even named nor is there anything to prove that there is any specific relation to the movement of trees and the headache caused.

_____

The creeps were quite strong, which meant you were forced to engage them as a team. Well done. The "exams" weren't really to my taste, but they helped switch up the generic attack-move gameplay. The map could be somewhat fun at times, but lacked a fair amount of polish.

Yes this is something I can agree on. The creeps are strong, and it is difficult to solo at any point in the game. Teamwork is needed for victory. From the Zabuza arc, to the chunnin exams, to the invasion, to the itachi and kisame fight, and to the sasuke retrivel arc... all of it need teamwork.
To me the exams was a part of the gameplay, and it held true to the concept of the Naruto storyline.

You say that it is fun, but lacked polish. Yet I beg to differ. This game is probably one of the best RPG's there is. A lot of work had been put in to, and I feel that the results do show for itself.

There are many cases where Naruto Ultimate RPG have been stolen and tweaked. I have played one where Sakura was able to do a kunai-throw and instant kill another hero.
There are a couple of bugs here and there, a couple of glitches. But then again, things like that do get fixed very soon.

Take for example the exploiting glitch where teams kill their own team mates before the Zabuza Arc ends so that they will spawn at the Forest of Death. Did it get fixed? Yes. And very soon I might add.

This just comes to show that ShikamaruShadow is very involved with his map. I can go about comparing this map to so many other Naruto maps, or even other Anime-themed maps and ShikamaruShadow is probably the only one who is very in-to the development and success of his map.

I think that this map deserved a much higher rating.
2.1 is not a accurate indication to this map.

I personally would give it around a 4.2 out of 5.
I don't give it a total of 5 because of some bugs here and there.
But as I said, bugs can be fixed.

sakura-san,
US East

Level 1
This map is very good in my opinion it has good quality,custom audio for every skill and even throwing weapons,and a custom picture for each and every skill also. It's obvious he worked hard on this map as much as he could the terrain does get boring after awhile but he could always change that later with updates and add some more changes and things to do, hes always asking for suggestions by the players and such.

He even gave them custom models that have every little detail and the trees are swaying because they sway actually? i think that puts a good touch in on the gameplay it makes it more realistic
I personally don't see how it got a low rate...

3.9/5 definatly go Shika!

Status
Not open for further replies.