• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Nameless - One Orc's Saga

CHAPTER I is now available! If you played this previously, you may need to replay the Prologue.

Over 1000 downloads and 3000 hits! Thank you everyone for your positive feedback.

Nameless - One Orc's Saga (version 1.03) is a single-player campaign RPG, similar in style to The Frozen Throne's Orc Campaign. Play as Nameless, an orc who awakes in a dungeon with no knowledge of his past, where he is, or who his captors are.

As of right now, this campaign includes the Prologue and Chapter I. Together they provide about 3 hours of gameplay.

FEATURES
-Guide Nameless and his allies through a dungeon and the wild.
-Utilize unique spells and abilities, all of which are, to some extent, trigger-based - none of them are clones of existing abilities
-Fight dynamic bosses - they don't just sit there and autoattack!
-Join up with up to three other heroes along the way, for a total party of up to 4 completely unique and new units.
-A weapons and armor system
-Unique items
-A developing storyline and engrossing world

This is a developing project, and updates will add more!

Credits for all models and systems are in game, under the Quests/Info tab.

CHANGELOG
Version 1.02
-The Ruins cinematic and Final cinematic are now skippable. The Cell Block cinematic and second boss cinematics are still not, as they are very short.
-Added new quest requirements: both heroes must survive.
-Added a "lose" trigger. Previously, if a hero died, nothing would happen.

Version 1.03
-Chapter I added! This Chapter has about two hours of gameplay.
-Some of Nameless' and Sigismund's abilities have been tweaked. For example, Penance is now much more potent.

Version 1.04
-A few additional health and mana potions have been added to the later areas of the Prologue. They are in more obvious places, and drop from units and destructibles that are actually in your way, rather than off the beaten path.
-A resurrection system has been added in Chapter I. It functions much like the system in the Frozen Throne Orc campaign - there are Resurrection Stones around the map, and if one of your living heroes approaches one, after a few moments your dead heroes will be resurrected. You should still save fairly often, though, because if ALL your heroes die, then it's game over :). The Prologue still has no Rez system - it's only 45 minutes anyway.

Version 1.05
-Several bugs should now be fixed, including the Power Familiar running around during cinematics, and heroes casting spells during cinematics.
-Several items have been scattered around in the various destructibles of Chapter I.
-The respawn rate of enemies has been slowed from 2 minutes to 4 minutes.

Version 1.06 - 9/12/2011
-Fixed a memory leak that was preventing players from loading a saved game.
-Fixed a few erroneous tooltips.
-Reduced the HP and damage of the Waterbound Elementals and Poisonous Ampodians in the Prologue.
-Reduced the difficulty of the forest boss and final boss in Chapter 1.

KNOWN ISSUES
-The first Golem Event in Chapter I sometimes has issue. If units stop spawning, it may take a minute or so for the next wave to spawn. They WILL spawn, it just takes a while.
-Certain abilities lag when used for the first time.

Keywords:
rpg, one, orc, orc's, nameless, campaign, saga
Contents

Nameless - One Orc's Saga (Campaign)

Reviews
ap0calypse: Approved
Level 9
Thanks for the support!

I wouldn't say free time is any more of an issue now than it was when I was an undergrad. I have more schoolwork but fewer sports commitments, and I'm living on my own, so fewer distractions. That and the schoolwork tends not to be mindless busywork.

Still, though, I really don't want to give an ETA. It took me a year to make Chapter 1. I have no idea if it will take that long this time. I promise that Chapter 2 will be of the same quality, but it may not necessarily offer the same number of play hours.

Level 2
I really like it but my only problem is those destroyables that does not contain anything just don't add items to other destructibles just remove them and also add more chapters :)

1.gif

1.gif

1.gif

Level 4
Hey, glad you started working on it again.

Anyway this may sound wrong but if you would quit the making of this campaign would you mind letting me continue it?
I may not have uploaded anything but my brother's made map which fails utterly but I do make some maps, mostly terrain when I'm bored.

I could make a quality, massive and realistic maps in a matter of days, maybe less.
Though that movies, quests and balances are not my strong point but fine, I'm also a great storyliner.

Level 16
Bug reprot

Hi
I would like to inform you about the following bugs
1 - Terrain : in the second mission, I sow some bandits moving through areas the should not be able to. you know the place just after the city? I go to left where bandits are, near the place where two there two ways, up and down. In the way down, the place has doodads like house or so. I went up, fought the two bandits, and one of the bandits down crossed the wall and aided them. I may give screen shot later.
2- Spells: I saw some spells that trigger before casting.
a-)when I was fighting the book keeper in prologue, he cast mana siphon; in the same time I cast teleport. my mana dropped below 40, so I could not complete the spell. Nevertheless, he was stunned.
b-) the old paladin's hammer ability triggers before he attacks. that is, I can keep right clicking and press stop button and my mana will go to max.
c-) the heal-over time spell heals less than written to heroes: around 160 instead of 200 for level 1. I did not try it to creeps.
3- one more bug is, in prologue, in the place where water elemental should come between the two gates, it did not appear the first time I came. It appeared when Nameless left the first gate and entered again ( reentered ).
I think there are other such bugs but I think I forgot'em
One more thing I want to tell. The terrain design is ..... Outstanding; it must have taken a lot of effort

Last edited:
Level 4
Damn...I thought it were good when i was looking in the description. It wasnt good, it was GREAT! All the effects and story, the terrain and units.It all fit in perfectly, i hope you will continue it soon because its awsome, and if you continue it, PLZ MAKE MORE HEROES ^^ I like how you cán change heroes in the tavern :D

Level 3
Very good. Great Terrain, Gameplay, but you should probably include some ressurection stones near the beggining of the level. Also, Nameless' first ability has a comedic name "Not-So-Trivial-Puruist" This isn't really that funny, so i suggest changing to an actual ability name, plus you may want to ramp up the damage on it.

Hope this helps.

Level 3
I didn't play this campaign but i noticed you said If War3 Dies
LOL NO WARCRAFT ISN'T GONNA DIE , NOT ON MY WATCH!!!

Level 4
Despite the bad timing of my Comment, this campaign is excellent. I really hope to see a chapter two and I am eager to play it! Loved your campaign buddy, hope to see more, keep up the good work, and good luck!

-Grotx

Level 20
So i played the camping and i can give a review on it.

Terrain: +5/5 you have utilize almost most tools the game gives to you.It is a outstanding job.
Gameplay: +5/5 it has a really good gameplay in it,it remindes me of Rexar camping from TFT.Enemy unites arent overpowerd nor easy to beat.I see you have calculated the stat groth sinc the hero's level surpasses that of 10.Bosses are also fun to beat
Unites: +4/5 you dident add custom unites at all but you did a really good job whith custom spells,bessides the demonologist who's kit wastent all that great you have doone a good job whith the others.
Plot: +5/5 i cant give a opinion whith only one champter but form what i have seen it has an intriguing history
Total:4.75/5

Bug report:
I saw only one major bug.When you activate the second ablity of the Nameless orc,save the game and then load it the ability is on but it dose not consume mana

On a last note i can see this camping is really old do you plan on continuing it or you have gave up on it?

Level 3
Looks like you have abandoned the project. Shame. It showed great promise.
The storyline looks intriguing and quite amazing (provided you play the cards right ofc), the characters are deeper than usual, itemization was VERY interesting, the maps were cool....

the only thing i would change would be Brumm's aquisition range. His attack range is big enough (which is amazing to have a ranged character who doesn't go face-to-face) but sometimes enemies are within range and he doesn't attack due to his "small" aquisition range. Or melee guys aquire a new target and he just doesn't follow up.
That would be the only fix i'd make regarding the gameplay, everything else: amazing.

Hope you eventually pick the project up once more.

Rick.

Level 20
Tentatively yes. Progress on Chapter 2 is slow. First I need to go through Chapter 1's triggers with a fine-toothed comb, because there are still memory leaks.

If you need a beta tester plz chose me!!!!I have come back to this thread once a week sinc the time i found this project!

ITS SUCH A GREAT NEWS TO SEE YOU BACK ON THIS PROJECT!

Level 9
Hello again folks. I've created a blog where I plan on posting updates to the campaign, design philosophy, tips, tricks, and other thoughts. It may end up encompassing more than the campaign, and video games beyond WC3, but for now it's going to be all about Nameless.

I have absolutely no ETA on Chapter 2. I've been happy with the speed of my progress creating terrain, but it'll be a while yet!

https://thedanishgames.wordpress.com/

Level 1
Hello again folks. I've created a blog where I plan on posting updates to the campaign, design philosophy, tips, tricks, and other thoughts. It may end up encompassing more than the campaign, and video games beyond WC3, but for now it's going to be all about Nameless.

I have absolutely no ETA on Chapter 2. I've been happy with the speed of my progress creating terrain, but it'll be a while yet!

wow it's been 4 years since the last I played W3,, but 10/10 would play it again..

Level 21

Thanks for the info

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
This is quite a catchy RPG. One of the few where you actually read English. It has emotion, character development and wits. It's a real shame it was not finished.

prologue:

-boy, those sure are some brave scribes
-so, where was Alabaster during the time all scribes were being slaughtered?
-one prisoner wasn't attacked by the brute and other guards near after the ogres were freed; the ogres went south, killed everyone but that specific prisoner :D and then I've no idea where they disappeared
-cliche butcher

chap1:
-some huts are neutral others enemy
-the destroyed bridge cannot be seen; it's pitch black
-well, they were discussing "secret" matters with Dimitri right in the open street
-heroes selected during the scene with the Militiaman's quest; actually they're selected in most if not all quest scenes of the town
-some barrels and crates are invulnerable, others are not
-the player can buy fish from the merchant for the seller if the select user is not used
-the fish still remains in the inventory of the hero after getting it to the cat
-doesn't Dimitri have things to do? Joseph at least patrols instead of staying home with his family; Dimitri on the other hand, stays in the middle of the road
-why are some items named "Key Item" and not Quest Item if they're not really keys; or is it referring to a key element of a quest?
-dust effect remains on the cat after it finishes digging or whatever it was doing
-the hint about -quest name for its location ping on the minimap could be put in the quest log
-I suggest all shops be shown on the minimap
-shouldn't a resurrection stone keep its animation when activated?
-Hedge Wizards cast slow from a great distance (I think) without using any mana and having any animation while doing so
-creatures reappearing calls for monotony especially when the map is huge
-it seems for a while now that crates and barrels don't have anything in them anymore
-demonologists bind the will of the spirits of the other side; aren't that what necromancers do!?
-well, if the spirits and trees belong to the demonologist, why are they in the same team with the undead afterwards?
-where did the dwarf split? Where the heck was that militiaman? I wanted to give him the badge before going to the church but couldn't find him
-what, the guards that helped kill Joseph's family were excused of having one of their family members executed, I mean sacrificed?
-found the militiaman at last! However, his portrait during the cinematic mode is black; also forgot about the -quest name for ping
-the familiar does not disappear if the demonologist is replaced by another hero like Joseph
-cinematic scene skip option?
-War of Ideologies has a green square as an icon; don't know if it's because of loading the game
-there's a purple militianman amongst three gray ones in front of the town hall
-the southeastern gate doesn't open anymore
-Brunn appears to be owned by the red player when speaking to the historian
-returning to the militiaman shows his black portrait again; the transmission is not assigned to that unit near the tower
-seems the bandits are fighting the undead
-one catapult's crewman dies, all of the others stop; also those crewmen don't attack

By any chance was this also inspired by Chris Metzen's Of Blood and Honor, apart from many JRPGs (I reckon)?

3.5/5. Not complete.

Last edited:
Level 1
This is quite a catchy RPG. One of the few where you actually read English. It has emotion, character development and wits. It's a real shame it was not finished.

prologue:

-boy, those sure are some brave scribes
-so, where was Alabaster during the time all scribes were being slaughtered?
-one prisoner wasn't attacked by the brute and other guards near after the ogres were freed; the ogres went south, killed everyone but that specific prisoner :D and then I've no idea where they disappeared
-cliche butcher

chap1:
-some huts are neutral others enemy
-the destroyed bridge cannot be seen; it's pitch black
-well, they were discussing "secret" matters with Dimitri right in the open street
-heroes selected during the scene with the Militiaman's quest; actually they're selected in most if not all quest scenes of the town
-some barrels and crates are invulnerable, others are not
-the player can buy fish from the merchant for the seller if the select user is not used
-the fish still remains in the inventory of the hero after getting it to the cat
-doesn't Dimitri have things to do? Joseph at least patrols instead of staying home with his family; Dimitri on the other hand, stays in the middle of the road
-why are some items named "Key Item" and not Quest Item if they're not really keys; or is it referring to a key element of a quest?
-dust effect remains on the cat after it finishes digging or whatever it was doing
-the hint about -quest name for its location ping on the minimap could be put in the quest log
-I suggest all shops be shown on the minimap
-shouldn't a resurrection stone keep its animation when activated?
-Hedge Wizards cast slow from a great distance (I think) without using any mana and having any animation while doing so
-creatures reappearing calls for monotony especially when the map is huge
-it seems for a while now that crates and barrels don't have anything in them anymore
-demonologists bind the will of the spirits of the other side; aren't that what necromancers do!?
-well, if the spirits and trees belong to the demonologist, why are they in the same team with the undead afterwards?
-where did the dwarf split? Where the heck was that militiaman? I wanted to give him the badge before going to the church but couldn't find him
-what, the guards that helped kill Joseph's family were excused of having one of their family members executed, I mean sacrificed?
-found the militiaman at last! However, his portrait during the cinematic mode is black; also forgot about the -quest name for ping
-the familiar does not disappear if the demonologist is replaced by another hero like Joseph
-cinematic scene skip option?
-War of Ideologies has a green square as an icon; don't know if it's because of loading the game
-there's a purple militianman amongst three gray ones in front of the town hall
-the southeastern gate doesn't open anymore
-Brunn appears to be owned by the red player when speaking to the historian
-returning to the militiaman shows his black portrait again; the transmission is not assigned to that unit near the tower
-seems the bandits are fighting the undead
-one catapult's crewman dies, all of the others stop; also those crewmen don't attack

By any chance was this also inspired by Chris Metzen's Of Blood and Honor, apart from many JRPGs (I reckon)?

3.5/5. Not complete.

This campaign was pretty amazing but it's a shame he didn't finish the other chapters... I remember playing this some years ago and I think I can quite recollect some of those issues too.. Anyway, I hope he continues his work.

Level 5
Hey buddy, i have been playing your campaign since 2016, and i gotta say it was spectacular!! And seeing what you're doing on Chapter 2, it looks pretty dope and i can't wait to get my hands on it!! Please do continue and finish it buddy. The terrain is pretty great, storyline is epic, and the enemies are pretty cool. Keep up the progress!!

Level 1
This campaign is super interesting. It's so different. Would be nice to be able to skip cutscenes and dialogue or at least speed them up. Without voice acting my reading speed is to fast for the cutscenes, making them feel like its dragging on.

Everything else is top notch and would love to see this continued.

Level 1
This might a bit old but I am stuck with one side quest and struggle to complete it, the side quest Friend of a Friend where u suppose to find the militiamen's buddy, cant really find him in the bandit camp

Level 1
I liked this campaign a lot. 5/5
Can't wait for chapter 2

TheDanish A rather silly notice:

My work on the Nameless campaign has been on indefinite hiatus for several years. I am currently in the middle of a doctorate program in history, and I'm getting married, and I'm writing a book. As a result, I unfortunately do not have the time to work on my WC3 projects.

I currently play a lot of Europa Universalis IV and I've been working on some small mods for that game. Nothing major, just stuff for fun.

I doubt I'll pick up Nameless again, but, as the saying goes, "never say never."

Unfortunately, the map designer, TheDanish, isn't active anymore on Hive Workshop and I doubt he'll ever come back to finish this project... Sorry, bro, I feel sad about it too :(

Level 5
Extraordinary campaign, everything since the terrain design, the triggers, the heroes, sidequests and main objectives are so well done, the effort put in this campaign is so insane, and it shows how well it's represented.
Another great aspect was the items, how certain items can be used by certain heroes, how special items work.
This campaign is so good, too bad is incomplete but maybe the author was overwhelmed by his creation.
The couple of missions avaible can give hours of enterntainment.
This is a campaign worthy of a 5/5

Didn't find bugs, played it on v1.21b

Last edited:
Level 5
One of the best RPG-type campaigns I have ever played, but sadly it is relatively old now and there seems to be no sign of any progress for a Chapter 2.

Still, completely worth it even just for the first and only episode.

Level 6
This is still one of the best RPG custom campaigns I've ever played hopefully one day the creator returns to continue that chapter two
What an amazing story if I only I could skip some of that cutscene tho lol

Level 4
Version .02 alpha is up. The changes are listed above.

Possible future updates:
-I will add more items to the various destructibles, which will vary in usefulness
-Work on the first chapter (as this map is the prologue) has begun! It is in the planning stages, and will most likely take a while.
hey there sorry to ask is the saga continued ? Is there a chapter 2 any chance will have A Troll and Elf like hero to join the band ?

Level 3
hey there sorry to ask is the saga continued ? Is there a chapter 2 any chance will have A Troll and Elf like hero to join the band ?
Hello good sir. Sadly this campaign has been abandoned for a couple years. It is unlikely that it'll ever be continued.

Level 13
This might a bit old but I am stuck with one side quest and struggle to complete it, the side quest Friend of a Friend where u suppose to find the militiamen's buddy, cant really find him in the bandit camp

....you will complete it at the end of the game - just move on with the other tasks and don't waste time looking for it. It's impossible to miss it :psmile: . An interesting RPG with not too difficult bosses. Runs great on 1.27 as well.