• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Naga Citadel

IMPORTANT: You must set the custom path of the Portrait model to NagaCitadel\NagaBirth.mdx if you want it to work in a totally naga feel. as original birth anim wasn't working as it was needed
portrait is optional

well.. I always wondered why naga didn't get any upgrades to their main hall, so.. there you go :) It is inspired a bit by the Xel'Naga temple cinematic in SC-Broodwar Protoss campaign

EDIT: have added teamcolor to the little pillars at the front. but will not add the background color, that would require adding new anims that are merely copies and might not even work right.. so yeah..

Give credit to Misha if you use it or anger the naga fan group, lol

Lill help thanks goes to Thrikodius for some final touches

~Misha~

Keywords:
It's, a, 3-tier. naga, citadel, with, a, little, Xel'Naga, feel, to, it, :)
Contents

Naga Citadel (Model)

Naga Citadel (Model)

Reviews
17:59, 10th Jun 2011 anarchianbedlam: Hum, an interesting model, its not too often we see naga buildings, and this one looks good and works ingame. so, approved. useful.
Level 16
Does not work with me

SOLVED
Here is what I did:
  1. Imported file and changed the path for Portrait to
  2. changed model file for the temple of tides to the imported one
  3. copied temple twice and made the original upgrade to the second, and the second to the third
  4. closed editor
  5. opened editor and tried the map. Upgraded twice but both has same shape as the first tire

yet, it has worked with me when used it for human town (town hall, keep, and castle). maybe I should go check some upgrades tutorial or so..

just with little reading in the object editor, I found a field that says (art-required animation). I added the two strings: upgrade, first.
just go check he human keep and the field I mentioned, then everything will be clear.

I have one more thing pissing me off. If I did not use custom path for portrait file, upgrade animation looks cool, but if used the custom path provided, the Naga building animation is added, which does not look really good :S

EDIT: and I think it has some problems with colors if I am not mistaken. Just tested two buildings: one with normal Naga town Model, and one with this model. I guess they look the same, but the portrait file is different.
The original one has
  • team color as back ground
  • team color in the front columns, under the three crystals (the thing that looks like a tent door or something).
  • Note the difference between portrait files. I guess there is some kinda shift or so.

Also, I think it would be great if the crystals were purple, especially in the Upgrades.
And may we should make some thing with tier three so that projectile come from the snakes (four towers, like undead castle)

Other things will come in PM

Last edited:
Level 7
Edit: Solved the problem~ I looked through the comments^^"
Anyway, your model is truly great. Finally, a good upgrade to my main building~

Last edited:
Level 2
When I load the file, the image comes out as the standard Temple of Tide look, not the Citadel version you made. Plz help.....

Level 16
Naga citadel is the upgrade for the bulding. So, if you take human town hall (and keep, and castle) and change its model to this one here that u downloaded, townhall model will be temple of tides, and keep model will be Naga Citadel, I think
and so on

(as you can see in warcraft, townhall, keep, and castle all have same models, but keep is stand upgrade 1, and castel is stand animation of upgrade 2, or something)

Level 16
When I load the file, the image comes out as the standard Temple of Tide look, not the Citadel version you made. Plz help.....
Hello,

you have to change the animation. Look how castle for human is done.

if you checked the options you will see

TownHall > Stand animation
Keep > upgrade, first animation
Castle > upgrade second animation

you can find these options in world editor > object editor > go to your unit > art-animation names

@Misha Where is the changelog?

I remember you mentioned that you added little thing in front of the model, but I cant remember where you mentioned it, probably in VM in old hive which we cant see lol

I remember that I have a version that does not show swimming things when upgrading and when you updated it you made it shown but you changed other stuff too

Last edited: